Harsh Gardner

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
QSano

Harsh Gardner

Post by QSano »

I recently watched Hirsh Gardner’s interview with Three Sides of the Coin.

After buying the Warrior demos without knowing they’re bootlegs I have to say this guy is a complete clown. First off, the drumming on those demos is the weak point. Gary Shea and Jimmy Waldo are competent musicians. Vinnie is an amazing talent but the drums just lag on all these songs.

To hear Hirsh say, “every drummer tried to play Don’t Ever Want to Lose Ya” and they play it wrong is simply insane. My guess is 99.999% of drummers have no idea who this guy is. Most people have never even heard of New England.

Hirsh works at my local GC and is a walking cliche of a wannabe 80s metal guy. He’s not a bad guy per se but obviously he didn’t have the talent of the rest of the NE guys. I can see why VV would want a machine compared to him.

Bobby Rock, who has actually maintained a successful career came off way better than Hirsh, who is just a bitter old clown.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Harsh Gardner

Post by Genebaby »

I'll have to have a look at that interview.

Hirsh has really gone nowhere, I guess he's bitter? But as you say, if he had the talent, he would probably not be in the position he is in.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
QSano

Post by QSano »

25:20 approx.

Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Thank you for the share! I enjoyed hearing this and I don't have any issues with what Hirsh says - it's his opinion
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

This "80s clown"s drumming on the demos is very fitting to the material. Simple, powerful and never overpowering. Perfect. I guess he had some control over the sound of his drums while they recorded.
Meanwhile Bobby Rock's drumming on VVI is drowned in reverb and although they tried, they failed to make it sound mechanical enough like V wanted. Also his drumming on live bootlegs is destroyed by cheap triggers that made every hit sound the same, which I doubt was to Bobby's preference.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I want to cry when I think about what happened to the drum sound on the first album!!!
fullshredder

Post by fullshredder »

i haven't got any real disagreements about this guy's comments, but I must disagree about RF's voice and the VV1 album.

I do not care what anyone says, Robert Fleischman was the best vocalist for VV's songs. Period

That incredible range was unparalled.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

fullshredder wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:07 pm i haven't got any real disagreements about this guy's comments, but I must disagree about RF's voice and the VV1 album.

I do not care what anyone says, Robert Fleischman was the best vocalist for VV's songs. Period

That incredible range was unparalled.
I 100% agree! Robert's Voice was great on the VV Recordings
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It was a magical pairing. Vinnie's music and Robert's voice.