COVID19 - Time for a Vinnie livestream?

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Genebaby
Site Admin

COVID19 - Time for a Vinnie livestream?

Post by Genebaby »

With the crazy lockdown times we are living in, a lot of performers are turning to video streaming performances as a safe way to get to their audience.

This is a perfect opportunity for Vinnie to do the same. Set it up, with whatever equipment that's available.

I'm sure people would be super appreciative if it was just Vinnie and an acoustic guitar.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
VVDimebagVV

Re: COVID19 - Time for a Vinnie livestream?

Post by VVDimebagVV »

Something tells me Mr. Vincent is still using AOL and a 56k Modem.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

VVDimebagVV wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:27 am Something tells me Mr. Vincent is still using AOL and a 56k Modem.
So you're thinking he'll be using Realplayer? Better find a copy!
birnie

Post by birnie »

Ask Jeeves
He'd know where
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

OOPS his facebooks groups went private again. They have something to hide ?
Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone. Tout suffocant et blême, quand sonne l'heure, je me souviens des jours anciens et je pleure.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You have to wonder what they would have to hide, or why they would go private in the first place?
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:06 am You have to wonder what they would have to hide, or why they would go private in the first place?
I have no idea, do you ?
Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone. Tout suffocant et blême, quand sonne l'heure, je me souviens des jours anciens et je pleure.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Not a clue. Are they still private? Maybe they have changed back?
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:31 pm Not a clue. Are they still private? Maybe they have changed back?
Yes, they are still private. I have the feeling this is not gonna change.

A lot of rock stars are connecting with their fans through videos and playing some music for free......Highly appreciated to see it's not only about the money.

Here's a link for Paul Stanley official fb page. He will play for his fans all over the world. Haha Paul is funny, he says "he's going crazy, cause he needs to interact with his fans". How will he deal with it when he retires ? That's another topic.

diamondave22

Post by diamondave22 »

LUDIVINE wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:30 am OOPS his facebooks groups went private again. They have something to hide ?

Wash, rinse, repeat. I wonder if the "no drama" rule applies to Vinnie? LOL
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

diamondave22 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:39 am
LUDIVINE wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:30 am OOPS his facebooks groups went private again. They have something to hide ?

Wash, rinse, repeat. I wonder if the "no drama" rule applies to Vinnie? LOL
In French we call this a "rengaine" an action that repeats itself endlessly ! As far as I am concerned, I don't care, He can do what he wants, I focus on other artists that share videos of themselves playing to untertain all of their fans during these hard times

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Truly, Vinnie could have been doing something from the comfort of his own home for many years.

Even now there is nothing, so it looks bleak for the future. Never getting any kind of tour off the ground and not participating in the current streaming thing in these difficult times.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:17 am Truly, Vinnie could have been doing something from the comfort of his own home for many years.

Even now there is nothing, so it looks bleak for the future. Never getting any kind of tour off the ground and not participating in the current streaming thing in these difficult times.
You nailed it !!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

LUDIVINE wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:18 am
Genebaby wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:17 am Truly, Vinnie could have been doing something from the comfort of his own home for many years.

You nailed it !!!!
Sadly, yes.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Great 80's Guitar that Bruce is showing off

LOVE yellow guitars!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, that's his Crazy Nights guitar he does love so much on the album back cover. Not a fan of yellow myself. Red is where it's at!!!...lol...
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I have a few reds too :-)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Fantastic. Red for the win!!! :)
ArnfinnRong78

Post by ArnfinnRong78 »

Genebaby wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:13 pm With the crazy lockdown times we are living in, a lot of performers are turning to video streaming performances as a safe way to get to their audience.

This is a perfect opportunity for Vinnie to do the same. Set it up, with whatever equipment that's available.

I'm sure people would be super appreciative if it was just Vinnie and an acoustic guitar.
Vinnie would probably doing a Covid-19 Live-Stream using Walkie-Talkies!

Because I spend a day with Vinnie, and asked him if he had heard Michael Angelo (a then very famous virtuous guitarplayer who was making a name for himself), and Vinnie said to me: "You know, I only listen to The Beatles, nothing else. I have no idea what's going on in the musicworld"

And given his recent St. Paul-like absence, I don't quite see him hooked up with the Spy-satellites type of computers we are using today.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

ArnfinnRong78 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:02 am
Genebaby wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:13 pm With the crazy lockdown times we are living in, a lot of performers are turning to video streaming performances as a safe way to get to their audience.

Vinnie would probably doing a Covid-19 Live-Stream using Walkie-Talkies!

Because I spend a day with Vinnie, and asked him if he had heard Michael Angelo (a then very famous virtuous guitarplayer who was making a name for himself), and Vinnie said to me: "You know, I only listen to The Beatles, nothing else. I have no idea what's going on in the musicworld"

And given his recent St. Paul-like absence, I don't quite see him hooked up with the Spy-satellites type of computers we are using today.
Fantastic information, thanks. Could you do a new post about your time with Vinnie in '96? We would all love to hear the story of what happened at that time.

Thanks!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Cool
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Paul Stanley has posted another great video from his house, playing a few KISS riffs and songs.

What do we get from Vinnie? Idiotic $9500 merchandise bundles.

It's not fair l tells ya.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:34 pm Paul Stanley has posted another great video from his house, playing a few KISS riffs and songs.

What do we get from Vinnie? Idiotic $9500 merchandise bundles.

It's not fair I tried l tells ya.
Paul's videos are great and FREE. For 9.5 K i'd rather buy a stage played Paul Staley's guitar !!!! Paul is worried about the Covid19.

Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Yes, I have been watching all of Paul's Video's

Where is Vinnie?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Paul is doing great and really showing up Vinnie as a guy who can't do anything in the modern era, except try and sell shit on a website for so much it is going to be news to laugh at for the rest of the world.

Can he not see what is going wrong?
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

This is awesome, Bruce is an amazing person. Thanks to him during these hard times

LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

As Mr cusano is doing nothing, found this on fb.

What is that ?

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's from the show in Brooklyn in 86. The whole show is available here, and is probably on Youtube too.

Sadly Vinnie is still not showing us anything. Paul had done a few and Bruce is doing a whole lot of cool stuff on Facebook all the time now.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:31 am That's from the show in Brooklyn in 86. The whole show is available here, and is probably on Youtube too.

Sadly Vinnie is still not showing us anything. Paul had done a few and Bruce is doing a whole lot of cool stuff on Facebook all the time now.
ok. This video is horrible, sound, voice, playing. The demo was so much better, and VV was on vocals.

Vv is not showing anything and he won't, just in case you have a doubt. Nothing is free with him.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

LUDIVINE wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:34 am
Genebaby wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:31 am That's from the show in Brooklyn in 86. The whole show is available here, and is probably on Youtube too.

Vv is not showing anything and he won't, just in case you have a doubt. Nothing is free with him.
You are correct, but there is always hope!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Bruce is cool and he looks like he is feeling it!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

LUDIVINE wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:52 am As Mr cusano is doing nothing, found this on fb.

What is that ?

Poorly mixed and nice guy Mark Slaughter is sadly singing off key
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Slayer wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:01 pm
LUDIVINE wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:52 am As Mr cusano is doing nothing, found this on fb.

What is that ?

Poorly mixed and nice guy Mark Slaughter is sadly singing off key
Yes, you're right. Looks like Mark was having a hard time !
Mikelangelo

Post by Mikelangelo »

Are there any other videos from 1986, by Invasion? Or have I just forgotten.... ,😕
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Nothing else live, that's all there has ever been. Sadly and strangely.
diamondave22

Post by diamondave22 »

There's definitely not much VVI live video out there for sure. Here's some of the best audio I'm aware of...

VVI LIVE FRESNO CALIFORNIA 2/22/87

I think this show has already been posted elsewhere on the forums.
ankh

Post by ankh »

Some has pushed the live stream quite a step further:

Along with this vid, there were goodies up to win with the purpose of raising fund for an hospital, and the followup was rasing funds for the UK National health system.

Devin is an excellent artist, and such a nice person who has also a great sense of humour.And no rockstar typical bull****. Remainng true to his vision; he has quite dedicated following, no drama, no cheating and a lots of great music.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
BengalWACO

Post by BengalWACO »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:05 pm
VVDimebagVV wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:27 am Something tells me Mr. Vincent is still using AOL and a 56k Modem.
So you're thinking he'll be using Realplayer? Better find a copy!
Maybe WinAmp?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Lol
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

I've watched a few live streams from various artists. A variety of formats were used, but what has been clear, is that people are prepared to pay to watch their favourite bands perform via live stream. The Steel Panther one last month was hugely successful from a commercial point of view I understand (OK I'm sure they are more mainstream than VV, but my point is people were prepared to pay). Thousands of people tuned in and paid for the pleasure of doing so.

It strikes me that this would be perfect for Vinnie. Charge ten/twenty bucks or whatever for access to a secure live stream. Play a few songs. Do a bit of tech chat about equipment, tell a few stories. show and tell with memorabilia, photos, guitars, boots, clothing etc. He won't have to deal with "people", or this paranoia he seems to have about difficult people turning up. He would be totally in control. Fans could ask questions via the chat - someone could be curating that part of it and hand him "friendly" questions (i.e. the ones he'd be happy to answer).

Hey, I'd make it a regular thing - one a month, an hour long at $10 a time. Pick up the unanswered questions from the last sessions and start there. You could even throw in some guitar based lessons/technique sessions for those that might want it - explore that market too.

Record each session, then put it up on his shop website - pay a couple of dollars for one time access to watch if you missed it.

I'd happily pay a few dollars to watch a session with Vinnie every month, and the content would be awesome. Kinda like a Patreon?

Benefits:

1. Reach a global audience, rather than running "live" in-person face to face events that are US-centric - the number of people attending can be unlimited and they in turn don't have to travel anywhere. This is an ideal way to connect with as many fans as possible with minimal hassle. And let's remember, given where Vinnie is at, there will a limited number of fans prepared to shell out $200+ to go to an event. He's not really "growing" his brand by offering up these small intimate and expensive events that he currently does.
2. Be totally in control of what you do - no dealing with awkward fans - you set the agenda.
3. Vinnie doesn't have to leave his house - no travel hassles, no Covid-related risks of infection or cancellation of the event due to restrictions. We live in strange times, are we really going to see live events for the next 12 months? I don't think so.
4. Cheap to set up, vs hiring SIR Studios for example - no ticket related risks. If you sell 10 tickets you don't have to cancel the event for commercial reasons. However many tickets you sell, it's all profit.
5. Much more feedback from a greater number of fans - ensuring you can tweak as you go to make it just what people want.

As always, it's Vinnie's call, but given who he is as a person, and where he's at with his career, it's almost like the format is made for him. I'd be grabbing it with both hands and giving it a go. The technology is out there and other bands are doing it. I'm sure there's some work to be done to make it happen, but how difficult can it be compared to organising a live event?

I'm willing to bet that if someone like Vinnie got it right, it would grow to quite an enterprise - grow your audience (Christ, he's got millions of Kiss fans to go at, who are rabid about the "End of the Road") then hit them in a year's time with the book/boxset whatever.

It's so blindingly obvious. But hey. I'm just an idiot typing this out on a laptop. What do I know?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, it would be a fantastic opportunity. I paid for a Richard Marx show and I'm in on the next Steel Panther one too this August. Looking forward to it.

This sort of stuff is actually the dream for Vinnie isn't it? Total control, no travelling, low costs.....
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Oh man is Richard Marx still out there? That's good to hear.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, I saw him in 2018 last I think, he usually tours here every few years, and usually comes to my town, but I had to travel last time to catch him.

Been seeing him since the Rush Street tour.