That's the way I wanna see Vinnie !!

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
wolfgang161272

That's the way I wanna see Vinnie !!

Post by wolfgang161272 »

And I think all of us want to see him in exactly that way! We don't want to hear all this shit and we are sick of all that!

Vinnie - take the fuckin' Double V and play from the bottom of your heart. Show us all your talent and let the demons go!

Wolfi
shramiac

Re: That's the way I wanna see Vinnie !!

Post by shramiac »

Agreed!

Just hope his vibrato is not as crazy as Zakk’s.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Great post Wolfie!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It would be very cool for Vinnie to be the kind of artist that does this sort of thing.

Fingers are crossed.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
VVnoSHOW

Post by VVnoSHOW »

I honestly dont think he can play anymore. We know he can strum chords and play riffs from a few semi recent videos with Kiss Kruise, and the conventions with Robert and Gene but they were very basic and simple progressions that most beginners can do.

Vinne can not rock out anymore. Vinnie chose to disappear 20 years ago and probably never played and guitar is not a bike, you stop and your talent diminishes to a human level.

This is not an insult but Vinnie is a self-centered and egotistical showboat (like most every lead guitarist). A guy that was kicked from stage because he would not stop soloing. A guy like that does not refuse to play guitar if he can play guitar.

I am sure he plays so basic riffs at these gatherings and loads up on the backing tracks to fill out his sound.

I wish he had it. But that talent fizzled out around 2000.
richiehaha

Post by richiehaha »

VVnoSHOW wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:34 am I honestly dont think he can play anymore. We know he can strum chords and play riffs from a few semi recent videos with Kiss Kruise, and the conventions with Robert and Gene but they were very basic and simple progressions that most beginners can do.

Vinne can not rock out anymore. Vinnie chose to disappear 20 years ago and probably never played and guitar is not a bike, you stop and your talent diminishes to a human level.

This is not an insult but Vinnie is a self-centered and egotistical showboat (like most every lead guitarist). A guy that was kicked from stage because he would not stop soloing. A guy like that does not refuse to play guitar if he can play guitar.

I am sure he plays so basic riffs at these gatherings and loads up on the backing tracks to fill out his sound.

What you said here makes perfect sense.
beano

Post by beano »

VVnoSHOW wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:34 am I honestly dont think he can play anymore. We know he can strum chords and play riffs from a few semi recent videos with Kiss Kruise, and the conventions with Robert and Gene but they were very basic and simple progressions that most beginners can do.

Agreed. Emphasis on the greed.
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED
VVnoSHOW

Post by VVnoSHOW »

beano wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:39 am

Agreed. Emphasis on the greed.

Not sure how much of it is greed or the guy is trying to make a living off it and just going about it poorly.

He thinks he can sell 1000 CDs easy because there are 15k fans on the FB page. So he just charges 200 bucks and plans to make a year's mortgage. But truth is because of the price point only those "elite fans" that need to buy because they want to maintain status buy the CD and he sells 30 or so. He needs a better mouth in his ear. Wilkie thinks he can make VV a millionaire and he will be hired on as a high paid assistant. Not happening. VV needs a real manager who works with semi-retired guys. Cookie cutter the branding products and make VV a livable income.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie's entire career is a study in Career mismanagement 101, or, what not to do to become rich and famous.

This was his legacy and sadly it continues to this day.

Not all of it will be Wilkie's fault. Vinnie has had the wrong idea on many things since the 80s and would be hard to control.

"No Vinnie, pricing these CDs at $200 is not a good idea."

"Ok, you're fired!"

Vinnie is pretty greedy, and it is this greed which stops him from seeing the forest for the trees.

$8000 guitars, with the case extra anyone?

Remember him thanking the international buyers? Of which there were none.

No guitars sold at NAMM. Tom's guitars stolen and casualty sold in the years since when he finds someone who doesn't care about the situation and buys one.
VVnoSHOW

Post by VVnoSHOW »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:39 pm Vinnie's entire career is a study in Career mismanagement 101, or, what not to do to become rich and famous.

Not all of it will be Wilkie's fault. Vinnie has had the wrong idea on many things since the 80s and would be hard to control.

"Ok, you're fired!"

Vinnie is pretty greedy, and it is this greed which stops him from seeing the forest for the trees.

No guitars sold at NAMM. Tom's guitars stolen and casualty sold in the years since when he finds someone who doesn't care about the situation and buys one.

I am sold, greed is back on the table. Forgot about the guitars, and the box sets.

Wilkie is not to blame, you hit it on the head VV looks for a parrot to repeat the thoughts in his mind. What better way to stoke an ego then to surround yourself with people that say what you want to hear.

Unless you are a yes man you are out. That is not smart.

Metallica is the biggest band in the world, while it is clear they have superstar egos it is clear Lars has the biggest ego. But that is ok, they are smart enough to surround them with smart musical minds. In the documentary for the BLACK album they make a lot of concessions to Bob Rock and each other to get the job done and it ultimately becomes their best selling album. Many will argue it is not their best, I agree but the name of the game is sales and he got them sales.
birnie

Post by birnie »

VVnoSHOW wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:17 pm
Genebaby wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:39 pm Vinnie's entire career is a study in Career mismanagement 101, or, what not to do to become rich and famous.

"Ok, you're fired!"

I am sold, greed is back on the table. Forgot about the guitars, and the box sets.

Wilkie is not to blame, you hit it on the head VV looks for a parrot to repeat the thoughts in his mind. What better way to stoke an ego then to surround yourself with people that say what you want to hear.

Unless you are a yes man you are out. That is not smart.

Metallica is the biggest band in the world, while it is clear they have superstar egos it is clear Lars has the biggest ego. But that is ok, they are smart enough to surround them with smart musical minds. In the documentary for the BLACK album they make a lot of concessions to Bob Rock and each other to get the job done and it ultimately becomes their best selling album. Many will argue it is not their best, I agree but the name of the game is sales and he got them sales.
Exactly !! (on the black album)
Bob Rock had to stand up to his employers basically and the result was fantastic.
When he was telling Lars to keep to the volume of the drums where it was, Lars was effin fuming!
....and they get Bob back for more so what does that tell you?

So keep surrounding yourself with Yes Men and produce shit, or nothing.
Get people who tell it like it is and then we'll be more hopeful of something good.

And I mean really, How long have we waited to see this guy resurface?
...meanwhile the forum thrived.
Now he's out and the dust has settled, I've never seen this place so quiet.
Such a shame.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, before the, ahem, "comeback", we could speculate about how good it would be if Vinnie returned.

Then there was a glimmer of hope after Atlanta.

Now two years on we can see the reality of the situation, and it's really sad.

The only positive thing of late is that Vinnie has graduated from online, virtual, parties, to real ones.

The virtual ones were cheaper though.
Mikelangelo

Post by Mikelangelo »

Vinnie should form a new band, or get Invasion back and maybe visit KISS :I
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Let's just say this: Vinnie should do SOMETHING RELATED TO MUSIC!

Please!
Mikelangelo

Post by Mikelangelo »

Yes, he should. Something else than cancelling gigs etc...