Did Vinnie Shredd the Halls? - Decibel Geek Podcast

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
WizKid

Did Vinnie Shredd the Halls? - Decibel Geek Podcast

Post by WizKid »

We’re giving you a KISSmas miracle with yet another Vinnie Vincent-themed episode. This time we’re covering the recent Merry Metal Christmas show. Chris and Aaron had lunch with several attendees before the event and got a few of them on mic to share their KISStories and their expectations of what was to come. You’ll hear from Kruisefest promoter Neil Davis, podcaster Mike Brunn and Vincent Larussa, Rosie Luck and her son Aleister and frequent KISSFAQ board poster Rip Rokken.

After the lunch interviews Chris chats with another attendee about his experience at the Merry Metal Christmas event from start to finish. Today’s guest Rick (aka Shecky, Poserboy71 online) has been a VV fan since the 80’s, witnessed the Invasion play live in 1988, and is very well versed on Vinnie’s playing and gear over the past 30+ years. He’s also a trusted friend of Chris and Aaron. With so much speculation on Vinnie’s playing ability due to a shroud of secrecy surrounding these events, we’ll get Rick’s take on what went down at S.I.R.

So, Did Vinnie Shredd the Halls? You’ll have to listen to find out! Please SHARE this episode with your friends on social media. Merry KISSmas from Chris and Aaron and everyone at Decibel Geek!

Listen NOW at https://www.decibelgeek.com/did-vinnie- ... lls-ep387/
Episode 387.png
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Did Vinnie Shredd the Halls? - Decibel Geek Podcast

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks for this.

Hmmmm, Vinnie's playing sounds like it was unfocused noise, which is what he was accused of back in the day, by fans of other guitar players.

I would like to hear him be able to replay the old solos, that's what people were telling us that were not really guitar players.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Cool, thanks!
Nice to hear our Poserboy too!
say two sky two say fare
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, I trust what Rick says about Vinnie's playing.

It wasn't back to the 80s, he didn't hear that, he heard something different.

I'm not sure how such playing fits in the context of a song and playing out with a band. That might not be an option anymore.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
richiehaha

Post by richiehaha »

Rick, Poserboy 71: I appreciate the interview you did with Decibel Geek. For me, you painted a vivid picture of what it was like to be at the Christmas Bash. Thanks for that.