Too bad

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
doublev2

Too bad

Post by doublev2 »

Too bad vv not on this
No one sounds like vv but closest maybe Greg Howe?

Love Marty , Jeff Loomis and Steve hunter
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Too bad

Post by Genebaby »

Stop teasing us Dino.

Here is Jason Becker, he's been sick almost as long as Vinnie has been absent from music.

He hasn't been able to move for years and years, yet he's writing and releasing.

How does he do what our Vinnie cannot?

We should have so much material by now.

Guitarmagedon should be from a long time ago, a classic in the Vinnie back catalogue, with many more releases after it.

Instead that's what we are still sadly chasing, almost 30 years later.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Becker is amazing. I know I'd be a useless lump if I had what he has. Hie parents are angels.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
metatron

Post by metatron »

Jason Becker is a Living Legend. He should prized every Musical Award know to Man & then some.
& his parents....they broke the mold after making them.
Very hard to find people like that in our current paradigm.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

I first discovered Jason Becker on David Lee Roth's "Little Ain't Enough" album when it was released. Totally blown away by his work there.

DLR was touring the album here in the UK and I bought tickets with the intention of seeing my new guitar hero. Of course being pre-internet, I had no idea he was unwell and had been replaced by two other guitarists. Show was great, but I was hugely disappointed not to see him live.

So many good tracks from that album - check out "Drop In The Bucket" and "It's Showtime!".
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I used to write to Jason In 1987 though to just before he joined DLR via the fan club contact on the cacophony speed metal symphony address. He always wrote very long kind letters back and sent me picks, clothing, strings and other stuff. Marty as well. I don't think outside of Japan they has much of a fan base . They certainly would have had more than a few people at gigs. kerrang gave them a tiny Amount of exposure.

He really is the opposite to Vinnie in mentality.

I would have loved to see him in kiss.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

“It’s Showtime”

Oh man! Heavenly!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

shramiac wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:08 pm “It’s Showtime”

Oh man! Heavenly!
Talk about a face melting solo....
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I was unaware he was so bluesy until dlr. Pretty classical based with cacophony and solo
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

You can see why all those players contributed to his album.
Jason Becker is the quintessential in cool.
He is the person all of us should strive to be more like.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah he is amazing. I am panicked when my back used to go out and I couldn't get out of bed but to have my body not function would be something I couldn't imagine. He is amazing and was before he got sick too.
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

i wrote an heartfelt letter to Jason many years ago,tellin him how inspirational he was as a person and as player.Irecevied a letter a few weeks back with his fingerprint on it,since he couldn't sign .It was moving.Total class...
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

What all these guys have in common is they are easy going guys and function enough to get their shit together. Could only imagine if vv didn't have bully based private groups and arguements against people who love his music as well as actually making music . How sad is the plight of vinnie when you see someone like Jason Becker making music under all odds and the guys who love him sweating blood for him.
Vinnie their are two choices in life and you know what they are. The only way to fix anything is stopping listening to that voice in your head. Anyone's voice in the head good or bad is the voice that screws you up. It tells you you are not worthy and at same time tells you you are too good for everyone. The only way to be is don't listen at all to that voice. Action purifies. Action purifies. Getting on with something out of love not judgement will fix things but even when they are fixed never listen to that dumb ass voice in out heads that we think is us and it's not.
If I was still religious I would say it's simple. The voice in your head what ever it says is the devil and body that just goes everything out of love is God. God and Good are the same words so if not religious believe in GOOD. But never believe in that voice it's a trickster that will trick you and it's own self for fun.
Bye Bye