Vinnie & Europe

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Detroit

Vinnie & Europe

Post by Detroit »

Maybe some of you who knows Vinnie (or some of you who will meet him in near future) could ask him if he is interested to have a visit in Europe.
Only the truth can set you free
tukoztukoz

Re: Vinnie & Europe

Post by tukoztukoz »

No plane for Vinnie, so VINNIE KRUISE across the ocean. Tickets available soon!
say two sky two say fare
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

:D :D :D :D :D People don't even know he can't fly anymore ! He wants to stay in TN, and needs a driver when he goes to cons.

So coming to Europe ? Never.
Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone. Tout suffocant et blême, quand sonne l'heure, je me souviens des jours anciens et je pleure.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Don't see it happening, unfortunately.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, he told us in 1988 he was coming to Australia, never happened.

He told us in 2018 he was coming to Australia, never happened.

He has flown before obviously. When did he start being afraid to fly, do we know?

He probably wants to go to Europe, but is to scared to do it.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:49 am Well, he told us in 1988 he was coming to Australia, never happened.

He told us in 2018 he was coming to Australia, never happened.

He has flown before obviously. When did he start being afraid to fly, do we know?

He probably wants to go to Europe, but is to scared to do it.
Vinnie never adressed this problem publicly (as usual). People close to him told me he cannot fly anymore. It's not a secret that when he goes to conventions outside of TN, he has a driver. This is why I tend to believe what these persons told me.

I have this problem also. I cannot fly anymore (plane phobia). This is really hard to handle.

Vinnie flew when he was in KISS and after. Since he came back in 2018, he always travels by car.

So coming to Europe, I don't see this possible. That's too bad ! But who knows.......
Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone. Tout suffocant et blême, quand sonne l'heure, je me souviens des jours anciens et je pleure.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

As strange as it sounds, people can become afraid or phobic of things as they get older.

It's like when I was a child I had no problem playing with bugs of all kinds. Now? I find majority extremely icky.

I wonder though if 9/11 has anything to do with it? I know of some people who said once 9/11 happened, they would no longer fly.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, he gets driven around since the comeback, but even then he said he would be in Australia and he's a year overdue now.

I guess he won't be making any promise to be anywhere overseas anytime soon, unless he goes by boat? Do we know if he's ok with that?

I am fine with flying, it gets you to where you want to go.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:25 am Yes, he gets driven around since the comeback, but even then he said he would be in Australia and he's a year overdue now.

I guess he won't be making any promise to be anywhere overseas anytime soon, unless he goes by boat? Do we know if he's ok with that?

I am fine with flying, it gets you to where you want to go.
:D :D :D :D Yes he could come by boat, did not hear any issues about him and taking the boat. It just would take him 10 days to come to Europe. I wanted to go on the Kiss-Kruise. Paris/New-York : 10 days by boat, then have to go to Miami by train lol. Not possible, I don't have enough money.

I was fine with flying too. Went to a lot of countries, until that day arrived.... You don't know why, all you know is that you won't be able to fly anymore because of panic attacks........

Maybe he can come to Australia by boat too ?

Maybe Ankhwarrior is right, is it 9/11 that made him scared ? Why not. Vinnie has a lot of fears. He also has a lot of dogs, someone has to look over them when he travels.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You can get anywhere you want by boat I guess.

It is slow but relaxing at least.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Funny as I am much more afraid to be a passenger in a car on a long distance road trip.
Flying is unnatural so pretty normal to not want to do it.

I think I remember when he was in Europe last time they drove and took boats rather than fly. Possibly a reason he cancelled his UK date while he was in Sweden???
Bye Bye
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:49 am When did he start being afraid to fly, do we know?
Right about the time he couldn't afford it. Pay him handsomely, he'll fly.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

pullitt wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:53 am
Genebaby wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:49 am When did he start being afraid to fly, do we know?
Right about the time he couldn't afford it. Pay him handsomely, he'll fly.
LOL, you could be right.....