Someone Asked On KISSFAQ...I Answered

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
poserboy71

Someone Asked On KISSFAQ...I Answered

Post by poserboy71 »

Within the thread,"Lipsync To The Rescue", another poster asked the following question of me:

Poserboy71, where have you been? 

I actually trust your version if you were there. Were you at the Vinnie Birthday Bash?

Honestly, I was fanboy sulking a bit.

I was down the road at Rock-N-Pod. 
I enjoyed every second of Rock-N-Pod.
I will support Rock-N-Pod next year and beyond.
Chris Czynszak let me help out and have something to fall back on if Vin's Birthday Bash didn't work out for me.

I had cash in hand...ready to go...asking if I can attend yet was told by Stephen Wilkie that it wouldn't be fair to those who paid in advance. I didn't quite understand that logic but respected it.
Rock-N-Pod had equipment deliveries from S.I.R. .
We figured out ,after seeing the  woman's 50th birthday party  at the Marriott, where Vinnie would be having his shindig.
Still, I respected their wishes for me not to attend.

I lost cash on those recent cancelled gigs.
I live paycheck to paycheck.
I had to save to have the cash to make the August trip to Nashville.
The powers that be wouldn't work with me.
No one else showed up at the door asking to attend.
In fact, room was made for a few non-paying attendees. Understood. Fair enough.
I won't speculate as to other reasons why I couldn't attend.
I would love to attend the Christmas shows but simply cannot afford it (especially around the holidays).
I haven't a need for anymore autographs or gladhanding. 
I just want to see Vinnie play again.

Oh well. No hard feelings.
I'm just outpriced.

It's just not in me to hate anyone.
I'm in my late 40's.

VV was very kind to me in Atlanta.
He became a person to me there. You never realize how having fans who know a lot can scare the shit out of someone. I felt horrible that he was afraid of me.
After the show, Bill Temple told me that I was basically o.k.'d by Vinnie when I entered the room while in line to get a photo. The night before, of course I was front and center, I swear Vinnie used me as the focal center point to address the room. He saw that I was a harmless fanboy and I saw him as human. We both realized the other's "flaws". When I met him again ,after 30 years, we had a pleasant exchange , made that short video for The VVFF, and basically agreed to "New Beginnings". I still hold to that. I'm still a huge fan but also know that the guy ,like me, is a flawed human. Throughout my time in Atlanta, Vinnie approached me if I was happy...if it was worth the wait...etc... nice sentiments.

They had rules for admittance for Nashville...
Partly because of the cancelled Derek shows, mostly because of my own monetary situation, I couldn't abide by those rules. Fair enough.
It was well known that I was in town.
I was the guy at the Marriott showing Rip the room and laughing about pink decorations and cupcakes.
Rip asked the powers that be many times to let me attend. 

Rip is a very cool person. I see that he has riled a few folks up. He has kept Vinnie in everyone's thoughts though. Rip has family , a good job, and is also back in school. He's just letting off steam while promoting one of his favorite Artists/personalities via a few message boards. It is nothing to take personally.
I believe Vinnie could promote his endeavors in a better way but it's not about my opinion or fandom. It is about Vinnie doing so within his comfort zone. I can, and will, respect that and be happy for those who can afford to attend. I simply cannot afford it. Believe me, I would love to see him play again.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Someone Asked On KISSFAQ...I Answered

Post by Genebaby »

Nice words Rickster.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Rick, thank you for the kind words there. Just saw your post and replied. Dude, unless you have other Christmas plans, you simply have to be at the Christmas bash this time. Let’s work on it, ok?
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Great stuff !!!!
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Great words as always, Rick :)
VVnoSHOW

Post by VVnoSHOW »

poserboy71 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:26 pm Within the thread,"Lipsync To The Rescue", another poster asked the following question of me:

I actually trust your version if you were there. Were you at the Vinnie Birthday Bash?

Honestly, I was fanboy sulking a bit...
Very nice words.

Also thanks for putting some words in for RIP. I like the guys enthusiasm and appreciate his fandom. I was him up until maybe a year ago. I hope he doesnt get burned like so many of us have.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

VVnoSHOW wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:55 am
poserboy71 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:26 pm Within the thread,"Lipsync To The Rescue", another poster asked the following question of me:

Very nice words.

Also thanks for putting some words in for RIP. I like the guys enthusiasm and appreciate his fandom. I was him up until maybe a year ago. I hope he doesnt get burned like so many of us have.
Both of you need to return to the fold. It’s a great time to be a fan. :)
VVnoSHOW

Post by VVnoSHOW »

RipRokken wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:17 am
VVnoSHOW wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:55 am

Very nice words.

I am a very big VVI fan (not a KISS) fan, I enjoy his music very much.

I think VV needs to be a little more realistic when it comes to expectations. A $500 M&G right before Christmas is poor planning. Most VV fans are pretty much parents or grandparents and to ask for a financial commitment that will also include hotel and travel for most.

... and not to mention he is a risk. IMO if it was a credit score he is a 450. Yes he came throu6with the birthday bash and I really think he will do the xmas show, maybe this is his niche. But he cancelled a lot of shows and products on his fans over the years that lots of people lost money on.

Graceland, The Carmine Show, Speedball, the boxsets
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Never a need to return to something one has never left from. I ,along with the core elder here, are Vinnie OG's.
We have been hardcore fans for a very long time. We have all gone through many emotions within our fandom.
I just stayed away from aiding the ugliness and backlash for awhile.
When folks have such strong opinions on what they think happened instead of listening to people who were there, my thoughts wouldn't be given any thought. So I didn't waste my energy arguing.
It is extremely difficult to trust people you don't know.
I am like that and I figure most people are like that too.
For me, lurking but not posting was about breaking that cycle.
I choose to enjoy what I can and steer clear of complicating my life arguing with other people.
Nobody wins that stupid battle.

I hope other fans can concentrate their efforts more in that direction . Enjoy what you can and hopefully those vibes keep spilling over into the next endeavor.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
MrSirTrevor

Post by MrSirTrevor »

poserboy71 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:50 pm
Never a need to return to something one has never left from. I ,along with the core elder here, are Vinnie OG's.
We have been hardcore fans for a very long time. We have all gone through many emotions within our fandom.
I just stayed away from aiding the ugliness and backlash for awhile.
When folks have such strong opinions on what they think happened instead of listening to people who were there, my thoughts wouldn't be given any thought. So I didn't waste my energy arguing.
It is extremely difficult to trust people you don't know.
I am like that and I figure most people are like that too.
For me, lurking but not posting was about breaking that cycle.
I choose to enjoy what I can and steer clear of complicating my life arguing with other people.
Nobody wins that stupid battle.

I hope other fans can concentrate their efforts more in that direction . Enjoy what you can and hopefully those vibes keep spilling over into the next endeavor.
Same here. I lurked for quite some time just reading the comments for a long time before finally joining. I've been a Vinnie fan since day one and it simply will never change - I don't care what folks think. I'm well beyond the age about arguing about things. LOL, if I want an argument, I can have one of those here at home with the wife! People get too ramped up over any beliefs or thoughts they have; politics, religion, food, cars, sports, music, etc. Life is too short, have a friendly discussion, but don't rage about it. Great comments you made, very well put!
I'm Sir Trevor Gielgud Burton-Guinness, And I Approved This Message
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Both of you need to attend the Christmas bash.
VVnoSHOW

Post by VVnoSHOW »

RipRokken wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:45 am Both of you need to attend the Christmas bash.
Dont worry RIP. You will get more 1 on 1 time. At 500 bucks it will be Wilkie, You and Roger eating 3 lbs of Vinnie's over dressed salad.