Vinnie Portrait

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
CptnRuski

Vinnie Portrait

Post by CptnRuski »

Hopefully this is the right place to share this, but Ash recently finished and gifted to me an absolutely gorgeous portrait she did of VV!!!
Attachments
rsz_1rsz_1vinnie_vincent_by_ash.jpg
rsz_1rsz_1vinnie_vincent_by_ash.jpg (269.16 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
RipRokken

Re: Vinnie Portrait

Post by RipRokken »

Oh, cool! Can I share this outside the board?
AshMoria

Post by AshMoria »

;) Yeah, you can share it outside the board. Ruski can also share the other one she has if she wants. The second one is much, much smaller, though. About 4/4 inches compared to this 36/24 inch portrait.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

AshMoria wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:38 am ;) Yeah, you can share it outside the board. Ruski can also share the other one she has if she wants. The second one is much, much smaller, though. About 4/4 inches compared to this 36/24 inch portrait.
Shared (with credit), thanks! You have another one?
AshMoria

Post by AshMoria »

I have about half a dozen Vinnie portraits I'm working on now, yeah. Ruski has the finished ones, though. And she's got a bunch of other KISS portraits I've done for her. I'm still working on the other ones I've still got with me, and I need to sit down and finish some of them. Heheh.
CptnRuski

Post by CptnRuski »

Alongside Vinnie, I have an absolutely massive full body portrait of Ace, a little portrait of Eric Carr, a 4x4 Tommy Thayer, a 4x4 Paul Stanley, and from what I understand there’s a portrait of Peter cross headed my way too! Ash did all of them, she’s incredibly skilled working on canvas with pop art styled stuff!!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Great work!! Thanks for sharing. I am thinking we would all love to see the other stuff too.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
CptnRuski

Post by CptnRuski »

Genebaby wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:09 pm Great work!! Thanks for sharing. I am thinking we would all love to see the other stuff too.
Luckily I’ll be home from college this weekend so I’ll be able to get a bunch of good pictures of everything and maybe pull out my Vinnie art!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Sounds good!!!
CptnRuski

Post by CptnRuski »

Was digging around in my phone and did manage to find one of the Vinnies I did a while back. unfortjnateky this was when I was still learning how to use my tablet, but I made do. Usually my stuff is much cleaner and shaded better but I tried!
Attachments
F46E6D70-FD79-437A-B3E3-4BF10D5BE020.jpeg
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Very cool!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, cool. What program do you use?
CptnRuski

Post by CptnRuski »

Genebaby wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:51 pm Yes, cool. What program do you use?
Typically I use Paint tool SAI, but this was actually done on an iPad using the procreate app which was way better than I expected it to be! Still getting used to that system, but it's really great for when I'm bouncing between my hometown, college, and work. The less clunky tablets I have to carry around, the better!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Cool, my wife uses that program on her iPad too, it's a great program, she likes it a lot.