Warrior info request

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Skwint

Warrior info request

Post by Skwint »

I just got the Warrior featuring Vinnie demo's on cd - can anyone give me any info on it - done a web search and havent came up with much at all.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
David

Re: Warrior info request

Post by David »

It's a bootleg
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

yeah i know that much.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
doublev

Post by doublev »

Basically warrior were formed out of the band 'new England' . I believe they bought into vinnie as the lead song writer and all moved to los Angeles together. They broke up prior to recording their first record because vinnie joined kiss. The remaining members change their name to alcatrazz and hired yngwie and Steve vai as replacements to vinnie. Rumours have it that Robert fleishman may have been chosen as the vocalist in warrior if they had recorded.
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

cheers - didnt know that - i found info on warrior but no mention of Vinnie ever being ion the line up.
doublev

Post by doublev »

There was a British band from Newcastle Upon Tyne that was called 'Warrior'. The singer joined Steve Stevens Atomic Playboys later on.
They were not the same band.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i take it back they were not british, they were from L.A. , no idea why I thought they were british.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

because of their name "new england"
doublev

Post by doublev »

no, i mean the other Warrior.. god I am getting confused.

I thought the non VV Warrior were British. I think maybe they spent time in the UK, or one of the band members was from there..

The VV Warrior was from New England and moved to LA.

The other Warrior were from San Diego and moved to LA.
VeniceAngel

Post by VeniceAngel »

All my favorite Vinnie songs are the songs Vinnie sang on ... as well as played guitar!
In one of those radio interveiews, he said he wasn't a singer. I have to strongly disagree!
Vinnie is both ... a guitarist first - of course but you have to admit that Vinnie's voice is absolutely amazing! 8)
For the last time, my name is ANGEL NOT Venice !

Love prevails in all ways - always!

wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

VeniceAngel wrote:All my favorite Vinnie songs are the songs Vinnie sang on ... as well as played guitar!
In one of those radio interveiews, he said he wasn't a singer. I have to strongly disagree!
Vinnie is both ... a guitarist first - of course but you have to admit that Vinnie's voice is absolutely amazing! 8)
Totally agree with you. I think also that he is both: great singer and guitarist - and of course an amazing songwriter !
doublev

Post by doublev »

vinnie did say on the old board he was going to put out some music with him singing. I think he may have realized that the fans liked his voice.