Euphoria

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
doublev2

Euphoria

Post by doublev2 »

Love this version of euphoria (song) way more than the re recorded ep version. I wonder if capital (enigma) records actually have whatever tapes were recorded of guitars from hell.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Re: Euphoria

Post by doublev2 »

The chime sounds during full shredd chorus are also genius. I think this version of full shredd better than the release version too. Great bass playing from vv on full shred too. Tragedy this album did get released in its original state
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

It is killer!
I like funk feeling.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Like Extremes's GET THE FUNK OUT, meets Motley Crue's Primal Scream & remixed by Queen & Mutt Lang.
Very Cool
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Tolik Lisiy was the first that I'm aware of to post this recording and versions. I love the intro to Wild Child on this (Haunting)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Slayer wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:23 am Tolik Lisiy was the first that I'm aware of to post this recording and versions. I love the intro to Wild Child on this (Haunting)
Yes
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

This is phenomenal stuff, and I listened to it all the way thru again today. I never knew how it found its way out. Is there any history on that?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah this version of wild child is mind blowing. I like all these versions way better than euphoria ep. The only loser in not putting these ORIGINAL versions out is vinnie Vincent's legacy. Mind blowing stuff. Also impressive production (even on low fi bootleg and bass playing is awesome).

Slayer wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:23 am Tolik Lisiy was the first that I'm aware of to post this recording and versions. I love the intro to Wild Child on this (Haunting)
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It appears mostly the ep stuff was just re arranged rather than re recorded versions probably vv and engineer at quad in Nashville were re arranging the multi tracks and maybe slightly recording things here and there and the only real re recording was the drum machine
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Second verse on eurphia here is brilliant with that clipped guitar sound paying with Robert.. out of nowhere. Brilliant. Shame removed from the ep version
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Love the opening bass line to get the led out as well
Bye Bye
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Great songs!
About the drum machine, it’s like it ´s tapped with fingers on small pads or keyboard...
say two sky two say fare
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I truly think clear versions of these songs well moved would be the best metal album of 80s (I'm guessing these were 1989 recordings). The that time of year chime sounds are a great signiture sound that was brought from asg and works amazingly well. That tune with the lap pedal (I think over you ) would have worked well on this album. Yongblood for me is the only out of place tune
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

To me vv is all his best when he mixes that speed with the emotional stuff. Its bends your emotions and hits you hard. I always thought he has a sort of tango feel mixed with Paganini and them just all out shred . The shred on its own is impressive but when you add that emtotion to it that he was so good with then he hits something that is beyond genius.
That's my view anyway
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

And also he had a great element of surprise. When you have surprise in music it goes to another level
Bye Bye
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Full shred is a really great song- a dream is to see Gene or Paul hearing this song and the reaction about it :)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah it would have been a great tune for Paul on revenge but he would have changed the chorus lyrics as full shredd wouldn't be his thing hehe
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I would kind of bet that vv played it to Paul during the revenge sessions but who knows
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Full shredd needs the mayhem vv offered that kiss couldn't.. controlling full shredd would not be cool
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Invincible also would fit Paul well.
Bye Bye
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

doublev2 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:24 am I would kind of bet that vv played it to Paul during the revenge sessions but who knows
I don't think so ! But if he did, Paul said "NO".
Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone. Tout suffocant et blême, quand sonne l'heure, je me souviens des jours anciens et je pleure.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

While Guitarmageddon is an impressive bootleg, I think he at least chose the best songs to upgrade for the EP, maybe except Get the Led Out (it's just ok). The moods of bootleg song Euphoria and EP song Euphoria are really different, EP is more sinister. I like them both. But my favourite track off the whole session is Heavy Metal Poontang. Fun and relatively easy to play (just the riffs of course).
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I was part of a group of us here that was able to get heavy metal poontang out there . Its a bit of a story that I can not tell but we very nearly got brainsaw , cockteaser and all the others
Bye Bye
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Thanks! The album is really good stuff — nothing like it out there, and I’m really looking forward to buying the final product once it’s completed.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

RipRokken wrote:Thanks! The album is really good stuff — nothing like it out there, and I’m really looking forward to buying the final product once it’s completed.
Current ETA: 2070
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Can't see it happening.
RipRokken wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:04 am Thanks! The album is really good stuff — nothing like it out there, and I’m really looking forward to buying the final product once it’s completed.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

doublev2 wrote:Can't see it happening.
RipRokken wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:04 am Thanks! The album is really good stuff — nothing like it out there, and I’m really looking forward to buying the final product once it’s completed.
It will, In 51 years.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Genebaby wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:14 am
RipRokken wrote:Thanks! The album is really good stuff — nothing like it out there, and I’m really looking forward to buying the final product once it’s completed.
Current ETA: 2070
Now that there is some funny shit! 2070 LOL
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Be aware, this date is fluid. The release "may" be pushed back if more time to attain perfection is needed.

Stay tuned.
metatron

Post by metatron »

pullitt

Post by pullitt »

doublev2 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:40 pm I was part of a group of us here that was able to get heavy metal poontang out there .
Thank you!