Message to Vinnie

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
poserboy71

Message to Vinnie

Post by poserboy71 »

I do believe that everyone here feels the same way.
Keep your chin up.
Most of us cannot afford your prices. Not to say that you aren't worth it. Your fanbase cannot dish out $500 + each time we want to see you. I had plans to catch the Michigan show in July. That's part of the reason why some of us didn't purchase tickets for Nashville.
We do not demand or expect you to shred or even look like you once did.
Health and happiness are what we really want.

If you did perform, a simple acoustic strum-through would be awesome.
If you brought out the electrics and attempted some runs... cool. We would love to see your collection.
It sucks to see that you cancelled your other appearances (DOTD).

I say this as someone who enjoyed Les Paul live up until a few months before he left us.
He got up on stage and owned it even though he could barely move his fingers (extreme arthritis).
Attitude and charm infused with politically incorrect humor.

I hope you reconsider pricing and the way you want to present your performance.
I also hope you make good on your 2019 boxset promise (about 6 more months).

Transparency over the Rock Star treatment.
All of the guitar heroes of yesteryear make videos where they speak to the camera and play a bit.
I loved the snatch promotion but we just want to see more of a human side . Leave the Rock Star for the stage.
There is no shame in reinvention.

The times have changed and we want you around.
Dino and Dannii are the hardest on you here and even they want to see you succeed.
It's too easy to say ,"Fuck it".
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Re: Message to Vinnie

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Great message. I second that!
You still have much support behind ya, VV.
ChucknNorris

Post by ChucknNorris »

Word on the street is some people actually SAW him rehearse at this venue and said it was really bad. He can’t play anymore apparently. That, and he only sold 6 tickets. $300 bucks? That’s crazy. I bet the venue cost more than $1800 to rent out.
“Anyone who says I’m canceling is a fucking moron!” - Vinnie on Mitch Lafong 2 weeks ago.

Just be honest with everyone Vinnie. You’ll feel better.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

What PB said.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

All of us have heard rumors from people.

I want to be very clear.
Mike Weeks and the drummer have not spoken about this . Mike is just extremely upset/bummed out.

I do agree that Vinnie just needs to talk.
Be transparent.
Vinnie shouldn't have to live up to his past.
Just play .

NEWBEGINNINGS
Bendeko53

Post by Bendeko53 »

Sorry but i disagree with all of you... Vinnie should do whatever HE wants to do, not whatever WE want him to do. All of this recent rhetoric of "oh please Vinnie show us you can still shred" is completely irrelevant to this mans life. He needs to live for himself not for what his fans expectations are.

And on a side note... someone doesn't just 'forget' how to play guitar. I'm only good enough to play Vinnie's "easy" solos but anytime i haven't picked up the guitar for an extended period of time it doesn't take that long to get back into the swing of things. I'm sure he can still play fine. Playing live after time off is a different matter. I had the easiest gig (guitar-wise) recently and i was horrible just cause i hadn't played onstage with other musicians in a few years. If Vinnie hasn't jammed with anyone for 20-30 years i can imagine there would be some rust there no matter how good he plays at home

Just an opinion, don't shoot me haha
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Bendeko53 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:31 pm All of this recent rhetoric of "oh please Vinnie show us you can still shred" is completely irrelevant to this mans life. He needs to live for himself not for what his fans expectations are.
But that's the point. No one cares if VV can still "shred" (well maybe the crazies do) - but for the most part they really don't.

When it comes to the music side of things, there's no need to prove anything with regards to speed.

It's an art within itself, but making light of the "old days", telling a few stories and noodling around with an electric guitar in an intimate setting is all that would need to be done. That is worth $300 of anyone's money.
birnie

Post by birnie »

$300 is a lot of anyone's money. (imo)
I know we all love his music but that's insane money.
Maybe it goes for 60mins?
Nothings promised.

Although not from Kiss, and I dont own any albums, Jeff Loomis did a guitar clinic in Sydney Aus.
He shredded, he spoke about techniques, he made jokes, he took questions.
I'm still kicking myself for not going.
It;s on Youtube though
I'm just a fan of his abilities.
Man can that guy play
....and
it was $15 which probably equates to $10 USD

$300?
I'd want dinner/drinks/full photo package etc. plus performance of minimum 2hrs
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Bendeko53 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:31 pm Sorry but i disagree with all of you...
"all of you" ?

NEWBEGINNINGS
Bendeko53

Post by Bendeko53 »

poserboy71 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:38 am
Bendeko53 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:31 pm Sorry but i disagree with all of you...
"all of you" ?
Sorry... should have used my Aussie dialect.. should have been "all of YOUSE..." :lol:
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

If he's scared of doing proper club shows for fans with a backing band, I hope he's successful in getting his $300-500 from those who can afford it and delivering the goods to these people. BUT I just think doing cheaper club gigs with a simple set is WAY more realistic to deliver and get payed.

A simple set of Lick It Up, I Love It Loud, A Million To One, Tears, Young Blood Young Fire + Warrior songs with simplest solos and him singing would sure get a lot of people in a club where he then can offer all the expensive stuff, as right now he can't attract enough people to EVEN POTENTIALLY buy anything from him.

Since it's impossible to get a straight honest answer from Vinnie I don't think we'll ever know what his motives are behind this comeback where he asks for ridiculous money but prevents himself from earning.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I am not hard on Vinnie. I just say I how it is. A success for vv would be to stop the 11 year old behaviour at this point.
poserboy71 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:57 am I do believe that everyone here feels the same way.
Keep your chin up.
Most of us cannot afford your prices. Not to say that you aren't worth it. Your fanbase cannot dish out $500 + each time we want to see you. I had plans to catch the Michigan show in July. That's part of the reason why some of us didn't purchase tickets for Nashville.
We do not demand or expect you to shred or even look like you once did.
Health and happiness are what we really want.

If you did perform, a simple acoustic strum-through would be awesome.
If you brought out the electrics and attempted some runs... cool. We would love to see your collection.
It sucks to see that you cancelled your other appearances (DOTD).

I say this as someone who enjoyed Les Paul live up until a few months before he left us.
He got up on stage and owned it even though he could barely move his fingers (extreme arthritis).
Attitude and charm infused with politically incorrect humor.

I hope you reconsider pricing and the way you want to present your performance.
I also hope you make good on your 2019 boxset promise (about 6 more months).

Transparency over the Rock Star treatment.
All of the guitar heroes of yesteryear make videos where they speak to the camera and play a bit.
I loved the snatch promotion but we just want to see more of a human side . Leave the Rock Star for the stage.
There is no shame in reinvention.

The times have changed and we want you around.
Dino and Dannii are the hardest on you here and even they want to see you succeed.
It's too easy to say ,"Fuck it".
Bye Bye
QSano

Post by QSano »

He can obviously still play, he did the acoustic thing at the first convention and honestly I enjoyed that more than I would a shred fest.

The guy is a brilliant songwriter/composer. Even if he did the Marshall Crenshaw type of thing he did at that I would be happy. I wish him the best and hope he does some stuff but anyone who has played at his level can still play. Chances are his tastes have shifted. He was a great player way before he was a shredder.