Michael Wagner

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
poserboy71

Michael Wagner

Post by poserboy71 »

Let's pick our spirits up a bit with possibilities.

A young lady on one of Vinnie's sites is holding a Vinnie blanket in a studio.
The studio belongs to famed producer Michael Wagner.
The studio is in Nashville.

Could it be that VV was working on something at this studio?
Attachments
Screenshot_20190129-042736_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190129-051554_Samsung Internet.jpg
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Michael Wagner

Post by Genebaby »

We can only hope.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

What a man does with a giant cuddly Vinnie blanket in the privacy of his own studio, is his business. I really don't want to know. :shock:
Vinnie who?
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

She's a local singer who is friends with Michael. She's also a Vinnie fan that just lost money on the cancelled shows. End of mystery.
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Chris: If she has a site, share the link. Perhaps some folks will step up and purchase a CD and help ease her financial loss.
Vinnie who?
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Positive thinking. Ya never know!
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Thanks, Chris. I just purchased her two albums off of Amazon. I'm really digging Drifter & Simply Divine.

Hopefully some others will step up and support an indie artist and a fellow Vinnie fan who just got ripped off.
Vinnie who?
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

She's a great singer and better person. I know she'll appreciate it
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Cool.

That’s a lot of gitboxes!

Funny that with all the amps surrounding Michael, the closest one to him is the Kemper amp sim!ulator!!! :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

shramiac wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:13 pm Funny that with all the amps surrounding Michael, the closest one to him is the Kemper amp sim!ulator!!! :lol:

That it is there is an endorsement for Kemper. May have to look into Kemper a bit more.
Vinnie who?
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

He's a big proponent of Kemper and has his own amp modeling. He loves them.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

A certain someone was using that modeling amp programmed with his favorite clean sound a few years ago.
The patch was named,'That Time Of Year'.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Handsome guy? Kinda guy that would get hired for his “Bon Jovi” style looks? ;)

Talk to your bank manager Kuron! They ain’t cheap! Ben Eller (your best bud, Uncle Ben) on YouTube uses one get has great patches that really sound like the amps they’re modelled off. Think the Fractal AxFx is cheaper but it’s still not cheap.

Cheaper options would be the foot units such as the Line 6 Helix, the Boss GT 1000 or the Fractal Ax8! And there’s guys on YouTube with great patch packs for those units too! Glen Delaune for one.

https://www.glenndelaune.com
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

WizKid wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:29 am He's a big proponent of Kemper and has his own amp modeling. He loves them.

The old studio I worked at before moving to TN had a huge wall of amps that I had access to. I am extremely limited to what I have now and for my own use in my studio. I am definitely wanting to go the modeling route due to space limitations and finances. I was really leaning towards a Helix, based on John McFee's words about it. As a huge Doobie Brothers fan his comments carried some weight, as well as reading many reviews and watching many reviews on the Helix.

Kempers always looked a tad complex to me, but if Michael Wagner is using them, then the time spent due to the complexity is far outweighed by the results.

poserboy71 wrote: A certain someone was using that modeling amp programmed with his favorite clean sound a few years ago.
The patch was named,'That Time Of Year'.

Obviously, not Vinnie since he shits all over that album. Out of songs that are officially released on albums by Vinnie, That Time Of Year is my favorite. Killer song and killer tones on that song.

shramiac wrote: Talk to your bank manager Kuron! They ain’t cheap! Ben Eller (your best bud, Uncle Ben) on YouTube uses one get has great patches that really sound like the amps they’re modelled off. Think the Fractal AxFx is cheaper but it’s still not cheap.

Cheaper options would be the foot units such as the Line 6 Helix, the Boss GT 1000 or the Fractal Ax8! And there’s guys on YouTube with great patch packs for those units too! Glen Delaune for one.

Glen is amazing and gives so much back to the communities.

I have not been impressed by the Boss. At least with the Helix, the LT model would meet my needs and save a bit of money. Fractal is what I am seeing used live the most. AmpliFire is another choice.

Finances are super tight right now, and I made some budget choices to work with until I can get some cash loosened up to give something more expensive a try. Hopefully what I bought will allow me to be productive for a few years.
Vinnie who?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I forgot about Positive Grid's Bias as well for a pure PC/Mac plug in. Stevie T uses it as his stock recording amp sim and it is very cheap! Only a couple hundred bucks for the whole thing. The iPhone app was less than $10!

Kuron

Post by Kuron »

shramiac wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:45 am I forgot about Positive Grid's Bias as well for a pure PC/Mac plug in. Stevie T uses it as his stock recording amp sim and it is very cheap! Only a couple hundred bucks for the whole thing.

Thank you, that is one I was not aware of. It is an extremely impressive beastie. I still use a standalone multitrack for recording and only use a computer for mixing & mastering. At some point, I will have to start doing everything on the computer, but it is one of those old-dog-new-tricks kind of things. Way too many years working in a studio with a 16 track 3M M-79 (which I will always prefer over SAW Studio (which was the DAW we used)).
Vinnie who?
QSano

Post by QSano »

shramiac wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:13 pm Cool.

That’s a lot of gitboxes!

Funny that with all the amps surrounding Michael, the closest one to him is the Kemper amp sim!ulator!!! :lol:
Not surprising. A lot of the great tones he got in the 80s/90s were direct. IIRC he got all the Skid Row tones (the black and red record) with MP-1 version 1).