A Vinnie Vincent-Related Memory

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
geepee16

A Vinnie Vincent-Related Memory

Post by geepee16 »

Years ago, perhaps in 2001, I wound up with tickets to see the Bangles and an annoying girl-group called Dream. My girlfriend at the time had won the tickets, but I had gotten another set for free with backstage passes from a friend, whose father was the keyboard player for the Bangles (Hilfman).

After the show, I hung out with the Bangles and we later moved on to a classic Atlantic City dive, where we talked and drank until the wee hours. Of course, I had my guitar signed by the band. Anyway, we talked about guitar players that we liked and Vinnie's name came up. Actually, I brought it up because I had been planning on asking about the song he had co-written with Vicky Peterson. She told how easy he was to work with and what a surprise and pleasure it had been to work with him.

For years, I have wondered whom I could share that story with and this seems like the most appropriate.

Aside form being a great experience for me, I remember feeling good about hearing such glowing words about Vinnie. Most Kiss fans (of which I once counted myself a die-hard) have negative perceptions due to the persistent bashing by Paul/Gene over the last 25 years (which appears to have waned). I felt proud to be a fan of his (and still do). An interesting aside is that one of the girls mentioned CC DeVille, about whom many nice things were not said (perhaps that will come as no surprise).

In case you are wondering, no, I cannot find the pictures with the Bangles, though I can at least offer a picture of the guitar they signed for me, which - if you can believe it - I continued to play for a few years with their signatures still on it!

In addition to it here, I can pass on cool mention of Vinnie by Vicki Peterson herself here: https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/the ... nderground
Attachments
IMG_5715.JPG
Kuron

Re: A Vinnie Vincent-Related Memory

Post by Kuron »

Cool guitar and cool story.
Vinnie who?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Cool stuff! 8) 8) 8)

And get an Edge wang back on that 550...STAT! :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Nice to hear man.

Vinnie really could have been one heck of a writer for others, as well as himself. Imagine all the great songs he has inside him.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
geepee16

Post by geepee16 »

shramiac wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:56 pm Cool stuff! 8) 8) 8)

And get an Edge wang back on that 550...STAT! :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow! You recognize that (RG) 550?! I'm impressed!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oh yeah, we saw it was an RG 550, and not in playing condition!!! :)
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I own a couple of JEMs.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

shramiac wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:39 am I own a couple of JEMs.
Yeller ones :lol:

Did I say that I luv yeller guitars?