Robert still a possibility

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Genebaby
Site Admin

Robert still a possibility

Post by Genebaby »

Robert has stated that though he is out of the upcoming shows, things could change.

So there is hope, but it seems Vinnie's management, again, is the problem.

http://sleazeroxx.com/robert-fleischman ... astically/
Commander in chief - VVF Army
birnie

Re: Robert still a possibility

Post by birnie »

That was pretty cool.
Nice to know they've spoken after his decision.

Fingers crossed for the future :)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I'd much rather hear Jack and Felix rekindle their musical magic with Vinnie.
Robert is a good guy but the tunes would need reworked almost to the point of not being recognizable. I believe it would take away from the over-the-top charm of the debut album.

I already gave Robert Plant my free pass on that one...
... and he kicked ass !!!!

Now if they reworked and recorded those tunes PLUS...
...that might be what is needed .
Otherwise, respectfully, I believe Robert has got to realize his status as SPECIAL GUEST for a few tunes and not out-price himself from something cool.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
geepee16

Post by geepee16 »

I would be thrilled if Vinnie did an acoustic set only. He does not need a big-name vocalist. A good way to re-enter the stream would be with a simple set up. He doesn't need to come back totally electric and shredding (though I would love to see it). "No cowboys hats...just music," as Buddy Rich once said. Rehearse any singer (even a no-name) with a simple set-up. Let us get those songs in fresh servings now, and they can be re-electrified later. I am not averse to big names and multiple guests, but I think an 'easy-does-it' approach to delivering a solid show is the way to go, especially as we are not that far off now.
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

poserboy71 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:35 pm I'd much rather hear Jack and Felix rekindle their musical magic with Vinnie.
Me, too.

In lieu of that, I would prefer an acoustic set with Vinnie singing.

geepee16 wrote: I would be thrilled if Vinnie did an acoustic set only. He does not need a big-name vocalist.
I do not know anybody who would call Robert Fleischman a big-name vocalist. His tenure with most bands has been very short and most bands have been far more successful without him, than with him. Although I do not care for his singing style with VVI, he is a good singer, good songwriter and a good composer. He also comes off as a really nice and likable guy. He has had a somewhat similar career path as Joe Lynn Turner. My impression of Robert is that he is not afraid to stick up for himself and his refusal to be taken advantage of is the root cause of his short tenures. Nothing but respect to him for that and in that aspect he has been a role model for me (not that I am worthy to be mentioned in the same sentence as Robert).
Vinnie who?
geepee16

Post by geepee16 »

I shouldn't call RF a "big name," but relatively-speaking, it holds because a complete no-name (but capable) vocalist would do the trick. I would hate for the event to run into contractual and money problems. I'll take and relish the vanilla (or, perhaps, Vinnie-la O_o) in its purest form. We have seen or heard Vinnie play with big names and big guitars. The side of him that few know is the one that can dazzle with all the colors of an acoustic guitar and a microphone.

I'm sure it seems like I am running on here, but I just don't want this to fall apart because this guy didn't get the money he wanted or that guy pulled out because of other commitments. In this case, less is more.

No doubt, I am a little nervous as the shows are a little over a month away and there is still more talk about RF not participating than there is about who will be there.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, things are a little too up in the air, but all our fingers are crossed that the shows go ahead, in whatever form possible.

Vinnie just needs to be out there playing, and the rest will follow.
geepee16

Post by geepee16 »

On Carmine Appice's website, the venue for the February shows is listed at "TBA". Here is the link: http://www.carmineappice.net/dates.php
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Gee, you would hope by that he knows the venue by now!!

Possibly needs an update by the webmaster?
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Genebaby wrote: Gee, you would hope by that he knows the venue by now!!
Perhaps there is some unwritten rule that a rock god drummer can't say he is playing in Michael W. Smith's establishment without losing "rock-cred"? :mrgreen:
Vinnie who?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm not sure what that means about Michael's establishment. Is it very un-cool or something like that? :)
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Genebaby wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:07 pm I'm not sure what that means about Michael's establishment. Is it very un-cool or something like that? :)
Michael W. Smith is a CCM artist (amazing voice) which is about as far away from rock/metal as you can get. It being one of the few dry clubs in Nashville certainly doesn't help its "cool" factor. What really kills the cool factor rock-wise is it is aimed at teens and has after school programs and an indoor skate park (latter is cool). Awesome place for teens, not so much for adults, especially if you are seeing a concert there. For adults it is a step above seeing a concert in a church auditorium.

Just would not be my first pick for a full-shred metal concert, especially as suggestive as the lyrics on the first VVI album are.
Vinnie who?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ah, had no idea about all of this. Being dry is an interesting factor, I can't say I've gone to a show like that ever, even though I don't drink when I see a band, I'm there for the performance. Other people have paid to see a band they seem to like, yet leave during the performance to get a drink!

Maybe you're right, and Carmine is not wanting to say where he's playing!
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Genebaby wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:41 am Ah, had no idea about all of this. Being dry is an interesting factor,..
You probably wouldn't unless you lived here, or were a huge Michael W. Smith fan. :mrgreen:

The dry aspect is interesting. I fully support dry clubs and was a regular at a non-alcohol biker bar in St. Pete, FL. This being a Christian owned establishment, I would not expect anything different, especially here in the South. It is just that most acts that play there are Christian bands. *shrugs* Interesting, no matter how you look at it.

This is not a reflection on Vinnie, but raises some questions about the promoter as the room in question at this venue is barely a step above renting a hall at the Holiday Inn. At least the Holiday Inn would allow booze.
Vinnie who?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I guess that's not the reason behind the shows not selling out yet, as they were not selling out in Memphis either.

We just need to get these shows done, so Vinnie can show what he can do, and move forward.

Less than a month to go now!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

A dry venue is fine by me.
Pizza and pop is my speed.

If I want an adult beverage, there are quite a few hunky tonks I can visit afterwards.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

No booze means no people acting like drunken idiots I suppose.
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Genebaby wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:43 am I guess that's not the reason behind the shows not selling out yet, as they were not selling out in Memphis either.
No, nothing to do with it not selling out. Just was speculating as to why Carmine may not be mentioning the venue. It may not be on the level of places he normally plays.

Like you, I do not drink at events (I do not drink at all, for that matter). But, most concerts I go to, a large percentage of the audience seems to enjoy trips to get more booze and then trips to go stand in line for the restroom. I sit my butt in the seat and don't move as I want to see the show, but that apparently makes me the oddball.
Vinnie who?
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:02 pm No booze means no people acting like drunken idiots I suppose.
Sober idiots are not much better. :lol:
Vinnie who?
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

I know there was talk of filming the Graceland shows for a DVD. It would be nice if that was considered for these shows as well.

We will not be going. We already have back to back concerts Feb 8th and 9th in Red Boiling Springs. Thrilled for all of those who will get to see Vinnie.
Vinnie who?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oh yeah, we gotta see some footage. I'll be hanging to see whatever I can get, plus info about it all.

It will be just like Atlanta last January all over again.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Kuron wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:58 pm
AnkhWarrior wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:02 pm No booze means no people acting like drunken idiots I suppose.
Sober idiots are not much better. :lol:
Easier to deal with
September

Post by September »

So this is kind of cool...I asked Derek if the Vinnie show was still happening, and he said that a Vinnie interview, singer announcement and promo are coming out soon, but that he's been dealing with a family emergency...
Screenshot_20190111-213143.png
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Derek needs to find another job.
Excuse after excuse.
It's difficult to believe anything he says anymore.
There is NO excuse to go months with no communication. Very upsetting to those who wanted refunds.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yes! He’s awful.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:01 am Derek needs to find another job.
Excuse after excuse.
There is NO excuse to go months with no communication. Very upsetting to those who wanted refunds.

I could not agree more. He does the same crap with his Story Expos and seems to conduct his personal life in the same manner as well.

https://unicourt.com/case/ca-la1-kaplan ... er-1173300
https://unicourt.com/case/ca-la1-capita ... an-1455411

I will NOT pay to see anybody (no matter how bad I may want to) if Derek is in any way a part of it. I simply can't afford to lose money to a thief. Given that Tennessee is a stand your ground state, Derek may want to think twice, and even thrice, about pulling scams here.

Derek has a lot of excuses. Whether these things that keep happening to him are true or not, is irrelevant. They are still excuses. If you are running a business, excuses are unacceptable. The only thing that is acceptable is delivering what you are supposed to and what you say you are going to do and what you are being paid for.

Derek's behavior and the way he conducts himself shows a complete lack of respect for anybody he does business with and a complete lack of integrity as a man.
Vinnie who?
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Kuron wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:47 am
AnkhWarrior wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:01 am Derek needs to find another job.
Excuse after excuse.

I could not agree more. He does the same crap with his Story Expos and seems to conduct his personal life in the same manner as well.

https://unicourt.com/case/ca-la1-kaplan ... er-1173300
https://unicourt.com/case/ca-la1-capita ... an-1455411

I will NOT pay to see anybody (no matter how bad I may want to) if Derek is in any way a part of it. I simply can't afford to lose money to a thief. Given that Tennessee is a stand your ground state, Derek may want to think twice, and even thrice, about pulling scams here.

Derek has a lot of excuses. Whether these things that keep happening to him are true or not, is irrelevant. They are still excuses. If you are running a business, excuses are unacceptable. The only thing that is acceptable is delivering what you are supposed to and what you say you are going to do and what you are being paid for.

Derek's behavior and the way he conducts himself shows a complete lack of respect for anybody he does business with and a complete lack of integrity as a man.

Those links...wow. Knew he was bad but wasn't aware of all of THAT.

I wish I knew what made VV want to work with him again after the Atlanta Expo. It was a total mess. Didn't get everything we paid for in the VIP package. Everything was rushed. Derek in all honesty didn't seem like a friendly person.

Unorganized. Careless. Claimed that everyone who had purchased the mini guitar in Atlanta was refunded...yet I had to file a claim just to get my money back, along with many others.

Yes, business is business. Life happens but no excuse to have NO communication. He seems to think he can run the whole show by himself. Get a TEAM.

What I find incredibly insulting is that when this was postponed, there was no apology whatsoever.

I still haven't purchased my flight ticket or booked a hotel room until I am 100% certain that this show will happen. I am told that it will indeed happen but with Derek being who he is...not taking chances.
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:08 pmI wish I knew what made VV want to work with him again after the Atlanta Expo. It was a total mess. Didn't get everything we paid for in the VIP package.

This was really bad, as unless money has been refunded to compensate for the items not delivered, it is nothing short of theft. The mini guitars looked awesome and it is my understanding nobody received one?

AnkhWarrior wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:08 pm I still haven't purchased my flight ticket or booked a hotel room until I am 100% certain that this show will happen. I am told that it will indeed happen but with Derek being who he is...not taking chances.

I do not blame you.

What is bad, is Derek's behavior reflects badly on Vinnie and has damaged Vinnie's reputation. Derek is not just hurting the fans, he is hurting the talent.

Whether it be music, wrestling, etc., there are a lot of wannabe promoters who do not know their ass from a hole in the ground. Derek is nothing short of pathetic.

Trust me, I get that "life happens". My life has so much unbelievably bad shit happen in it that I have had friends tell me I exist so others feel better about their lives. And that is not talking about health issues which makes things even worse. Because I have such a tumultuous life, is the sole reason when my studio is up and running, I will not take orders for custom guitars. People who are paying their heard earned money for a custom guitar from me, do not deserve to get strung along by excuse after excuse as to why I need more time and am way behind and can't deliver something when promised. My heart issues or other life issues are not their problem. In the future, I will come up with a "build", build it and when it is done, try and sell it if anybody would be interested in what I chose to build. This would greatly limit the potential for selling a guitar, as well as greatly reduce the price I can sell it for, but it is the only HONEST way to continue doing what I enjoy doing.

Derek has never learned one of the important lessons of childhood: No matter what you do in life, you have to conduct yourself with honesty and integrity. You can't go around ripping people off or short-changing them. People work hard for their money. The irony is people like Derek would be the first to complain if they were being ripped off by somebody else.

Vinnie may not have a lot of choice in who will work with him, which may be why he is back with Derek. Based on two of the people who ran the recent events saying they would not work with Vinnie again, Vinnie or Vinnie's management are burning some bridges, even if it is inadvertent. The problem is, there are not a lot of bridges left leading off the secluded island Vinnie is on. He can't afford to burn anymore bridges if he hopes to find his way off the island.

I am hoping this concert goes off and it is fabulous and I am hoping Vinnie can get some new music out there and even a DVD of this event. This is not the late 80s and the demand for Vinnie is not high. It will NOT be any higher than it is right now while KISS is on their FAREWELL, AGAIN! tour. Vinnie's career may not survive anymore crap caused by Derek.

I just turned 50 on Jan 5th. It warms my heart, @AnkhWarrior to see people your age interested in Vinnie and wanting to see him. IMHO, Vinnie is the most underrated guitarist of my generation with Vito Bratta being second.
Vinnie who?
Spacewig

Post by Spacewig »

Not to be a downer, but I'll be shocked if this show actually happens. With the event about a month away, there has been little or no promotion anywhere...and many details are still unclear. I took advantage of the refund offer after the Memphis shows cancelled. I finally got it after sending Derek three emails. If the Nashville shows fall through, I fear the fans will lose even more of their hard earned money to this joker. We shall see.
BTW, I hope I'm proven wrong!
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Wifey and I are keeping Vinnie in our prayers and praying that everything comes together and the shows go off without any issues.
Vinnie who?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

We all hope it goes off with a bang. All we can do, especially me, is sit back and see what happens.

These shows are important to Vinnie's career, so my fingers are crossed it goes down well.

The rest is up to Vinnie and his team.
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Vinnie Vincent - Live in Nashville - Feb. 8-9, 2019 - With All-Star Band!

Vinnie who?
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

The band is complete. Godspeed Vinnie!!
Vinnie who?