VikingVVFan

Vinnie on Talking Metal Podcast

Post by VikingVVFan »

Vinnie on Talking Metal, another good podcast:

http://bravewords.com/news/former-kiss- ... me-of-hype
tukoztukoz

Re: Vinnie on Talking Metal Podcast

Post by tukoztukoz »

This tends to make me believe he still can shred!!!!
say two sky two say fare
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i hope he can !!!
If he does that will leave a big question mark for me...
How come he stopped and by consquence denying his fans and himself the beauty sound of his talent?
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Yes, strange...
I like when he goes with unexpected or weird thoughts like the drummer/drum machine thing. Amazing! Who else could say that?
My regret is that he didn't do more podcasts before conventions, just to keep the mystery a bit longer. He ´s also more natural on podcasts. But I guess he needs the contact with his fans , so that' s fine
say two sky two say fare
VikingVVFan

Post by VikingVVFan »

I don't care if he can "shred" as long as he can play and write catchy kickass heavy tunes. If he can shred it's just a bonus.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Agreed!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Awalkergtr

Post by Awalkergtr »

This was a killer interview!!! I can appreciate the honesty in Recording and producing fresh and new music. It truly is very expensive to make something that you are not only proud of but that is polished. I have done quite a bit of recording myself over the years and at $45-$60/hr if you’re lucky.....for an amateur like myself at this point, $400-$600 a song is a ton of money. That’s when you try to keep the time limit at 3 to 4 hours a song and you’re never quite satisfied with it. iTunes are a tough sell, band camp is ok.....eh. Boston used to be one of the rock ‘n’ roll mecca’s of the world. There are not many places left to play and make money anymore. No places to crank up and go “full shredd” haha!!! So yeah, Something as big as Vinnie’s caliber??? Tons of time and money. I personally think that there will be a market for it, and if there were any damn record labels left they would be nuts not to make the initial investment. Guys like Ace are still putting out albums so....
Home recording is a whole other thing. If you are super computer savvy and recording\engineering savvy, you can produce and record decent stuff. Decent is the key here. I’m thinking that Vinnie doesn’t want to settle for “decent”.
Last edited by Awalkergtr on Thu May 03, 2018 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Awalkergtr

Post by Awalkergtr »

And holy S.....iPhone talk-text on iPhone really sucks!!!!!!!