Vinnie selling a guitar

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Genebaby
Site Admin

Vinnie selling a guitar

Post by Genebaby »

I am looking for more info but a guy from NY on the Jackson/Charvel forum spoke up about his experience trying to buy a guitar from Vinnie. This was after I posted there about the possible VVV being at the upcoming NAMM show and explaining that he may want a lot of $$$ for it as Vinnie likes to price things high.

This is what he said:
You ain't kidding..About 6 or 7 years ago I had heard through a mutual friend / aquaintence he was in need of money & looking to sell the pink formerly gold RR which at the time I thought could afford something like that so I tried to buy it. I think the 2nd communication I received was along the lines of " Mr Cusano asked me to inform you come up with $30,000 cash or bank check or you can fuck yourself" lol With an attitude like that its kind of hard to get anything accomplished.

I was never even the slightest VV fan.. but I do like RR's a whole lot...
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Re: Vinnie selling a guitar

Post by Slayer »

That's sadly how Mr. Cusano has treated most of us
doublev

Post by doublev »

It's possible it was a fraud. I think tommy who was an old time vv fan got roped into something similar. He believed he was talking directly with vinnie. But it also could be true. Who knows. What do people think the value of vinnie vv model Jackson/carvin and ibanez would be.

I would think the Jackson 10k upwards maybe.
Carvin maybe 5k and maybe also the ibanez. Maybe the washburn is less collectible . Anyone care to make an educated guess?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It's too hard to quantify i think. His Jacksons are the most valuable as they are the ones he's most associated with and did a lot of pics with. The Carvin was there towards the end and comes in second. The others are hardly seen with him so come in last.

They are all cool to the Vinnie collector but who knows what they are worth. On the open market you will get Jackson collectors who do not care for Vinnie at all that will want the Jacksons. This happened to me in the 90's.

The same might happen for the others. Ibanez, Washburn and Carvin collectors might have an interest only as a very rare guitar from their favourite brand.

The best way to find out is put it on Ebay and see what happens. Let the market decide.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I agree with Vic for the most part.

At most it is a $2,000.00- $2,500.00 U.S. guitar. I don't care who made it or if Jesus played it. Anything more and please include a ticket for a kiss . If you're gonna fuck me ,at least kiss me.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

i think the jackson could reach 10k on a really good day maybe 15k but I have no idea who would pay that much, on a normal day maybe 5k would be about right, but again if someone who is a fan has that much money.

the Ibanez may be of more interest to Ibanez collectors as with the Carvin.. but I could only see 3 to 4k each.

personally I would take the Washburn as it seems to have better fret access and the neck looks damn good. But you would have to have more money than sense to pay more than 4k for it and all I could pay is 3k.

I bet Drew knows more about this stuff and the current market.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Fuck the current market. Fuck the old market. It's all based in greed instead of QUALITY AT A FAIR PRICE.
That way of thinking is partly what is wrong with the world and why most companies have gone to shit. That is why people can no longer have careers like our parents did.

Any company or private citizen can make a solid instrument for pennies on the dollar. Anyone that pays these ridiculous prices for guitars has way too much fucking money. I never understood the vintage guitar market . I never understood how companies get away with these stupid "RELIC" series.

A good guitarist can make cardboard sound good. If you want a 59' or a 60' Les Paul,a 60's Strat, get the diagram and have the fucking thing built.

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:Fuck the current market. Fuck the old market. It's all based in greed instead of QUALITY AT A FAIR PRICE.
That way of thinking is partly what is wrong with the world and why most companies have gone to shit. That is why people can no longer have careers like our parents did.

Any company or private citizen can make a solid instrument for pennies on the dollar. Anyone that pays these ridiculous prices for guitars has way too much fucking money. I never understood the vintage guitar market . I never understood how companies get away with these stupid "RELIC" series.

A good guitarist can make cardboard sound good. If you want a 59' or a 60' Les Paul,a 60's Strat, get the diagram and have the fucking thing built.
Totally agree. Just saw Steve Stevens playing a p!nk Hello Kitty Squire & said that it was a great guitar to play. Really is up to the player. It's not like the manufacturers of guitars are reinventing the wheel. All they have to do is get some half decent materials & wha-la...a great guitar. I go this bolt on, TTM Superstrat, two humbuckers & a Floyd from China...$220, (that's including the shipping). Vic saw it. It's not the most awesome guitar, needs a little work on adjusting the action, but for $220 it's a ball tearing shred machine. It's very much like an Ibanez....$220 to my doorstep.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i saw Steve Stevens with the Hamer Virtuoso live at a guitar store in 1989 I think. He used an octave pedal and the 36 fret.. my ears and brain have not been the same since.. i was one of the fools that bought one at the store that day.. but made good money.. i think they were $800 or $900 and I sold it for 3k. what an asshole i am. shit!!
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev wrote:i saw Steve Stevens with the Hamer Virtuoso live at a guitar store in 1989 I think. He used an octave pedal and the 36 fret.. my ears and brain have not been the same since.. i was one of the fools that bought one at the store that day.. but made good money.. i think they were $800 or $900 and I sold it for 3k. what an asshole i am. shit!!
Good on you Dino. A profit as at least $2100. If they are willing to pay up...Good luck to them. More power to u.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i gave the cash to my dad as he paid for it and he fell on hard times. but i think he spent it on a young girl who fucked off after a few weeks.. lol
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev wrote:i gave the cash to my dad as he paid for it and he fell on hard times. but i think he spent it on a young girl who fucked off after a few weeks.. lol
Shit happens...what can you do. Had a friend I use to work with who paid 8k to get his 18yo Girl friend a tit job...She left him weeks later. People are people. Nothin surprises me anymore.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Both situations being well worth it. If they have some good video ,there is money to be made. :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

metatron wrote:
doublev wrote:i gave the cash to my dad as he paid for it and he fell on hard times. but i think he spent it on a young girl who fucked off after a few weeks.. lol
Shit happens...what can you do. Had a friend I use to work with who paid 8k to get his 18yo Girl friend a tit job...She left him weeks later. People are people. Nothin surprises me anymore.

Hope they pop!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(