Invitation to Vinnie

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
poserboy71

Invitation to Vinnie

Post by poserboy71 »

How about we extend an invitation to Vinnie to join this PUBLIC forum along with a set of guidelines we will operate under?

Or we can offer to make the forum PRIVATE in order to build up his trust and not air dirty laundry to all of the haters?

ANY THOUGHTS OR SUGGESTIONS?

SHOULD I JUST GO AND FUCK MYSELF? :shock:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Re: Invitation to Vinnie

Post by Streetbeat »

Would be real cool, but i don't think its gonna happen, he got his forum
and he closed it down.
metatron

Post by metatron »

I think there is more chance of you fucking yourself (Hey they don't call Poserboy...Long John Silver for nothin' :D ) than V doing the above.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Worth a shot. Let's come up with some guidelines for the PUBLIC forum that we would extend Vinnie an invitation to.
*** first offense banned from the forum-Vinnie cannot ban anyone only Vic or Dino- Vinnie CAN however make suggestions (Dino and Vic acting as mediators) and Vinnie will be the ONLY person to re-admit those who have been banned.***

***NO***
1.) No talk of wigs , sexuality, members of Kiss or Slaughter (except Eric Carr).
2.) Absolutely NO talk of his wife, Diane , his ex-wife ,or his family.
3.) No discussion of his house.
4.) No talk of trademarks or who may hold them for him.

***YES***
!)Talk about music, technique, guitars, image,equipment,songs he has written,etc...

Basically -BABY STEPS- Keep things light and he may come around. We all know he is reading this right now. Be respectful and let's brainstorm.

NEWBEGINNINGS
warmachine:D

Post by warmachine:D »

poserboy71 wrote:Worth a shot. Let's come up with some guidelines for the PUBLIC forum that we would extend Vinnie an invitation to.
*** first offense banned from the forum-Vinnie cannot ban anyone only Vic or Dino- Vinnie CAN however make suggestions (Dino and Vic acting as mediators) and Vinnie will be the ONLY person to re-admit those who have been banned.***

***NO***
1.) No talk of wigs , sexuality, members of Kiss or Slaughter (except Eric Carr).
2.) Absolutely NO talk of his wife, Diane , his ex-wife ,or his family.
3.) No discussion of his house.
4.) No talk of trademarks or who may hold them for him.

***YES***
!)Talk about music, technique, guitars, image,equipment,songs he has written,etc...
This sounds reasonable, but I highly doubt we're ever going to hear from him..
1SG of the VVFF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

NO TO ALL OF THE ABOVE. FUCK HIM. HIS GOT A SITE HE STOLE FROM DINO TO DO ALL THAT. NO! It's our way or the high way. We are not the problem. We are the solution. And I don't want to do a bait & switch on him either. Full transparency. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. We need to all be on the same playing field. It's not 1982 anymore. Tuff love time is NOW!
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Hey :D that's only my option by the way. Don't mean to sound mean, but....
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I can understand where you are coming from Dannii. I am just all for trying something different.

Stupidity is derived from doing the same thing over and over and hoping for different results. I don't want to keep chasing my own tail anymore.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Sorry Rick, but Sammy and Dannii have got the idea. To do as you suggested is a lot like going back to what happened at DoubleV.

No talk of Kiss or Slaughter etc was extremely frustrating to me and is when the ideas for this forum was born.

We are free to speak about all things Vinnie here, and so is Vinnie too.

It is a public forum for people to check out what's going on and maybe decide to join in.

In time this will hopefully be the place for Vinnie info on the web, much as DoubleV was before Vinnie began censoring the life out of it. That was no way to run a forum.

Before he closed it down it was full of us and a few others posting fake crap as we were not allowed to speak our minds. Yet Spyder-Vinnie wanted us to all have fun and for it to be a happy place. It wasn't.

As we have seen from his tenure in Kiss, Vinnie is very strong willed and it's his way or the highway. The same goes here, Vinnie is very welcome to join but any bad, racist behaviour will get his ass banned.
Commander in chief - VVF Army

Genebaby wrote: Vinnie is very welcome to join but any bad, racist behaviour will get his ass banned.
He said something racist before???
1SG of the VVFF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

At the DoubleV forum, posting as SuzieQ, his anger at Gene and Paul was shining through and he made some inappropriate comments. SuzieQ"s hatred for Gene and Paul was only matched by 'her' love of Vinnie, ha ha.

Problems began when Dino wanted to ban her due to her racist comments. He did not know at the time it was Vinnie.

That's pretty childish. Why does/did Vinnie even do things like that? Like signing up for an account and acting as someone else, hiding from us?
He is one very interesting person. I learn new things about him all the time- good, and unfortunately bad :/
1SG of the VVFF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Nobody understands why he chose to use fake accounts rather than sign in as himself and say Hi to us all.

For years we wondered if Vinnie watched us on the forums. We got our answer, big time!

This is all in the earliest posts here, which is when we were working this stuff out. Have a dig if you haven't already.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

poserboy71 wrote:How about we extend an invitation to Vinnie to join this PUBLIC forum along with a set of guidelines we will operate under?

Or we can offer to make the forum PRIVATE in order to build up his trust and not air dirty laundry to all of the haters?

ANY THOUGHTS OR SUGGESTIONS?

SHOULD I JUST GO AND FUCK MYSELF? :shock:
Vinnie is welcome here to speak his mind, defend himself/herself and ignore what is appropriate. It's not go fuck Poser it's fuck Vinnie if he can't play by the same rules or lack there of as everyone else. I think that you are very well intended but I don't agree with this one. Vinnie needs tough love.
doublev

Post by doublev »

no way is vv going to join an online forum. it wouldn't be too much fun anyway, i agree with slayer.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Look Guys. I think (for the most part...cause it is not an easy thing to do. Vic manages this site brilliantly) Teej & I have even been cained for going off the richer scale. I not saying that I admit to doing any wrong, as I am one for free speech, & I believe you should be able to voice your opinion & defend yourself. (In saying this, opinion are like arseholes, everyone has one & for the most part they all stink!....[said in the Dave Chappelle 'Black White Supremist' character]... ). So it's all fair game, an even playing field for all. I really don't think if Vinnie joined we'd be talking about wigs & wives. We'd be talking about whammys instead.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

We could develop a PRIVATE section for Vinnie and us to express our racism in peace. . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Read my initial post again and get back to me again . :wink: :wink: :wink:

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:We could develop a PRIVATE section for Vinnie and us to express our racism in peace. . :lol: :lol: :lol:
Read my initial post again and get back to me again . :wink: :wink: :wink:
If you have hate it your heart...let it out. :D :lol: :D
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

My friend and I quote that almost daily !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

i wouldn't be asking about whammys.. i wouldn't be asking anything, in fact I wonder why I bother. I am here because of my friends here. I actually was just here to defend myself but because I am not being attacked from spyder/susie vinnie anymore I really have nothing to say, I know most people would love to speak and be friends with vinnie, but I no longer would care for that. But its easy to say that for me.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I see what you mean now Rick. A Private section, only Visible to Vinnie and a select group could be set up. The board software can do this.

If Vinnie is game, I am too.
doublev

Post by doublev »

anything involving vinnie is on his terms and you can only ask questions he lets you ask, infact he will not do interviews anyway. the only way to speak to vinnie would have been through an alias like spyder or suzie but that didn't last long.

the strange thing is i am sure he would love to answer tech questions.. he was happy with freddy and all are work on the equiptment section of the old board.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:I see what you mean now Rick. A Private section, only Visible to Vinnie and a select group could be set up. The board software can do this.

If Vinnie is game, I am too.
The thing is ,it would really have to be a secret society where the people on the inside NEVER tell anyone who is on the inside.If Vinnie agreed to this then someone gave out info that he gave us ,he would leave immediately.

Vic, Would YOU send the invite?

NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

would be cool

Its interesting the fact that if ...Vinnie would kept releasing records in the past
maybe no one would care about him now , like most of the 80s rockers.
But his out of the public choice is what attract fans the most !
He created this ,ironically he is staying on the spotlight because he tries to run away from it
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I disagree. This really isn't a game of cat and mouse. We are fans that have remained loyal since FIRST listen. For some of us, that is close to 30 years. Some of you , maybe a year. The fact that Vinnie stays away does not draw me near. It is actually having the opposite effect. I have spent a majority of my time on here trying to dispel the drama and hatred that surround Vinnie and trying to come up with SOLUTIONS to the seclusion. He obviously has thought of coming back.He wants to BUT feels threatened.
The fact that he feels that way is warranted whether we mean it or not. WE have to make this place comfortable enough for the person that we are trying to honor.

The thing is, if Vinnie kept releasing music , this forum would be huge.His music (past , present, and future) would still be appreciated.

As far as saying that Vinnie is staying in the spotlight, well, how great is a spotlight from a toy flashlight that is low on batteries? We have to recharge this place and make it "Vinnie ready".

For example, when Dino came to my house in October, I cleaned the house a bit, ran the sweeper, sprayed some air freshener,etc. There is a time and a PLACE for negativity and this PUBLIC forum isn't it.

If we can't make a Vinnie approved section on here and at least invite him ,then what does that say about us?
I want my guests to feel comfortable. If they are turned off or sickened by other things that I do, I will do those things IN A DIFFERENT "PRIVATE" ROOM.

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote: For example, when Dino came to my house in October, I cleaned the house a bit, ran the sweeper, sprayed some air freshener,etc. There is a time and a PLACE for negativity and this PUBLIC forum isn't it.

I want my guests to feel comfortable. If they are turned off or sickened by other things that I do, I will do those things IN A DIFFERENT "PRIVATE" ROOM.
I wondered where you hid all the bodies!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

But seriously, you've made a lot of valid points about welcoming Vinnie here! We all want that!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, we've invited Vinnie, let's see what he does. The ball is in his court.