Through Vinnie's eyes

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
poserboy71

Through Vinnie's eyes

Post by poserboy71 »

This is a saying that was recently brought to my attention by another fan. He said:

...I can define Vinnie like this :
" We don’t see the things the way they are. We see things the way WE are."

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
My revised :wink: response to that:

That is very appropriate. I notice that even though a few of us show our frustration, we are all still here at the VVFF ROOTING for Vinnie to come back. Our belief in human nature helps us stick around and hope that he is just like us: compassionate. We still honor him. We see things through our frustrated eyes yet are more than willing to accept him if he would just come back. Some of us would wipe the slate so clean as to not even want an explanation from him: just come back and play.
We are frustrated yet loving people .

It seems as if Vinnie wants to use the excuse that we are all traitors and horrible people that have disrupted his comeback with our curiosities. I wonder if Vinnie ever wondered how Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Chet Atkins, among others, lived their lives? I'm sure he has read a book or two , watched movies, copped licks, and had a more than general interest in those people. Maybe after becoming so fluent on the instrument, Vinnie forgot what it is to be a fan.
Vinnie is a frustrated person that has the attitude of "Do it to them before they can do it to me."
Being a fan of the man and nothing more, makes me want to pursue the answers to what has given Vinnie this outlook when there are so many people that care about him. Are we really the things that are troubling this man?

Rumors, looks ,preferences,etc, don't matter to the fans that have stayed the course.

We want that overpowering attitude of the music that Vinnie delivered with ease. The music that empowered a lot of us to put the cock in our walk and attack the day. The jealousy that we felt at wishing to have his capabilities.The inspiration to pick up the guitar. The fun in air-guitaring in the mirror. We want THOSE feelings back. Vinnie , You took that with you when you abandoned us. That's not fair.
Sure we could search for a new guitar hero but it wouldn't be the same because no one is at your level.
You hit us at our core.

It is time to become a fan again and enjoy sharing your music.

FUCK ME FOR GIVING A SHIT. :? :? :?
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
wolfgang161272

Re: Through Vinnie's eyes

Post by wolfgang161272 »

That's the way what Rick wrote....

We all want our guitar hero back

Amen
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Another well written post Rick. You put into words what a lot of us are feeling but cannot articulate.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Genebaby wrote:Another well written post Rick. You put into words what a lot of us are feeling but cannot articulate.
...or can't write it because it's a foreign language :cry:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Not true Wolfie, I know what you mean but I, and many others I'm sure, love your posts.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Yes, love Wolfgang.
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

Trying to see through Vinnie's eyes, does he want to come back at all? What does he want?

I share the sentiments in this thread, but perhaps if he wants to come back the best thing he can do is to stop anguishing over the likes of this (and the other) forum and just get on with it. He will probably face far greater obstacles than he may perceive from our small band of merry men/women, from people who may not care nearly as much. If he can't embrace us maybe he should just forget (as opposed to ignore) us for the time being, find people he feels he can trust to help him and go for it. We'll still be around.

Or perhaps he feels he won't be happy until he feels he has stamped us all out, who knows?

It is very frustrating. I've long tried to resign myself to not hearing anything more musically or otherwise from the Vincent camp, even though I don't think it will ever happen, just to avoid disappointment; but it is hard.

Holding onto a vain hope that he will come back is better than having no hope at all, and obviously we still have and can appreciate what he has already given, he can't take that away.

(Oh my god, Thursday night blues or what?)
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:My revised :wink: response to that:
Some of us would wipe the slate so clean as to not even want an explanation from him: just come back and play.We are frustrated yet loving people .
It seems as if Vinnie wants to use the excuse that we are all traitors and horrible people that have disrupted his comeback with our curiosities. your music.
FUCK ME FOR GIVING A SHIT. :? :? :?
Vinnie wants an excuse to hate us, so it Exonerates him for ripping his fans off. 'See guys you are bad...you deserved me ripping you off on those box sets...it's all your fault I'm no releasing any new music out...bad fans, bad...you must be punished'. Vinnie stop pushing us down so you can raise your self up. The fans. Yes fuck me indeed for giving a sh!t
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Lord Vinnie has crossed to the dark side, but, like Luke, we can see the good in him.

Hopefully it won't be only at the end that things change.
warmachine:D

Post by warmachine:D »

This really frustrates me. I wish he would just TELL US what he wants. I wonder why he acts like this. Do you think he wants us to forget about him?
1SG of the VVFF Army
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

Trying to arrive at what you want by identifying and dwelling on everything you don't want is a classic way to get nowhere, and find blame with everything and everybody along the way. It's also a symptom of denial when someone has not had the light bulb moment to realise they can get there faster and not drag everyone else down by focussing on a positive goal. And something I've seen in depressed people...
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Good observation Agent SD. Something as relatively simple as depression has I think been overlooked by most of us.

We think 'what would Vinnie have to be depressed about, he's got more than moist of us'.

Famous or not, depression can affect you, witness Paul Hester a few years ago at this time of year even.

I don't understand it myself but is someone like Paul can succumb, anyone can.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i don't want to sound like a shrink but human minds always want to get depressed. the law of life is what goes up must come down and that applies to being happy and sad, unless you can follow some of the great gurus who opt not to get too excited when things go well so they don't have to fall as hard when things go badly. The higher the highs.. .the lower the lows..

sorry if i sound a little flowery.
doublev

Post by doublev »

as for vinnie.. he obviously is a good guy like pretty much everyone. its just the way we handle ourselves that can help us or screw us.

shit.. whats with me today!!!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Honestly, last night while watching The Grinch I was thinking about Jim Carrey's depression that he suffers from and how it has affected the relationships in his life.
He makes something like 20 MILLION dollars for each film he stars in. He dates beautiful women, has incredible talent,etc... A luxurious world is at his fingertips YET...

Again, Not to say Vinnie suffers from this but SOMETHING has got to give here.

NEWBEGINNINGS
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

metatron wrote:'See guys you are bad...you deserved me ripping you off on those box sets...it's all your fault I'm no releasing any new music out...bad fans, bad...you must be punished'.
This has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read, I must have missed this quote, did VV really write that?
He really is very bitter and twisted about whatever it is he is bitter and twisted about, for whatever reason. How sad.
I don't know about punishing us, he is actually punishing himself isn't he?
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams

syncophile42 wrote: This has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read, I must have missed this quote, did VV really write that?
Oh nonono. I think he meant, like, that's what Vinnie is saying to himself.
1SG of the VVFF Army

Even though that would be great to even hear from him at all, about now.
1SG of the VVFF Army
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

Oh ok.
But if that is along the lines of what he feels, it's very sad, he's beating himself up.

It's very hard to help someone who doesn't want help (for whatever reason).
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The last word from Vinnie (look under the SuzieQ post) is that he still had faith that the stuff would come out .
We've heard in the Fall of 2010/2011. He has about a month or so left to fulfill that.

Let's see if anything happens at NAMM. I see that as being too expensive though.

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

[
warmachine:D wrote:
syncophile42 wrote: This has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read, I must have missed this quote, did VV really write that?
Spot on WarMachine ...you r a very clever little cookie. Very impressed.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

metatron wrote:[
warmachine:D wrote:
Spot on WarMachine ...you r a very clever little cookie. Very impressed.

Sorry Dannii, I was being a bit thick there, I thought that you were quoting Mr V and my comment was about the 'quote itself not your post.

Cheers, Colin

That I thought he may say something like that is a bit shit though.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Colin, He has said it to us with his actions.

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:Colin, He has said it to us with his actions.
Yer, he's pretty much given us, his fans, the middle finger salute several times over. Oh yer by the way V, U have a good Christmas. Ha!
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

poserboy71 wrote:Colin, He has said it to us with his actions.
I know but I can't believe he's that malicious, I really think there must be more to it than meets the eye.

Perhaps I'm not as clued up with all that has been going on as some, or maybe have too much faith in people in general, but that's the only conclusion I can come up with.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

You must be a good person , you still believe , you are still innocent
if more people would be like you , this world would be a better place
peace
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I think everyone here is guilty of blind faith in Vinnie. That's a good thing !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

poserboy71 wrote:I think everyone here is guilty of blind faith in Vinnie. That's a good thing !!!
Why do you feel that is a good thing? :|
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

If my outlook on life was based on some people's actions ,I would wish to be blind.

Be kind, attract kindness.Give a smile ,Get a smile in return. If they don't smile back, YOU'RE still smiling.

Be an asshole, attract other assholes.

I've been at that point in my life where I pursued sympathy and I learned that you only attract people with worse stories. I prefer to try to not bitch anymore and JUST SMILE and enjoy life. I want to attract the good from everyone I come in contact with.

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Like I tell people, I was raised Catholic but now I worship at the alter of the Church of Earl Hickey! Do good things and good things happen, do bad things and your life will suck!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

shramiac wrote: Do good things and good things happen, do bad things and your life will suck!
That's a law , that's why im good
its like a boomerang , you shall receive