Time is ticking...tic toc tic toc

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
fullshredd

Time is ticking...tic toc tic toc

Post by fullshredd »

Does VV still play? Does he write music for himself? For others? What does he do to occupy his day? Where is he getting income to support himself? Does he still see his family? Does he still see his daughters on a regular basis? Are they on this board? Are other close members to VV's camp on this board?

The guitar sales were a non-event. The shirts were a non-event. There is no new music. The royalties from other works? Who knows what that's worth, especially if there are creditors on VV's back. I hope that he's still making music and plans on coming out of the woodwork soon like Jake did because time is ticking. Les lived to be in his mid-90's - he was lucky...he stayed active. He performed. He lived and shredded until his final days. We all know there have been a few negative things that have happened to VV recently, and being a public figure (albeit a hidden one) must make it that much harder for him. I would never want to pry into his world as these are private issues. I can just stay positive for him and hope that he can rise above what life has dealt him. And when "life's" issues confront him, he can't control it. None of us can. But he CAN control how he deals with it. He can either get dragged through the doorway kicking and screaming or he can walk through with his head held high and deal with it. It's his choice. What he does have is his health (we hope), support from his family, a loyal fanbase who would support him, and a positive platform with which to launch his career again if he so chooses (Ed T.) amongst others. Most every part of producing music, be it solo or with other artists, is done within the comfort and confines of one's own home/studio today. It wouldn't be hard to find someone to back him to get his works released. He needs is a good manager and a good label with great support, and all that comes with it, i.e. marketing/merchandising, bookings, web presence, etc. It CAN be done but it starts with VV. What I've never heard him say publically is why he won't put out any new music. If he was putting out new music and was on the scene, things would fall into place; positive things. Again, I don't know what he's doing so much of this novella is speculation. Hopefully, again he rises from the ashes for us.

So much talent...

tic toc
imaginos

Re: Time is ticking...tic toc tic toc

Post by imaginos »

Yes, nobody lives forever and Vinnie is way too talented not to release anything.
I really hope Vinnie would release something before it's too late.
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

imaginos wrote:Yes, nobody lives forever and Vinnie is way too talented not to release anything.
I really hope Vinnie would release something before it's too late.
Yes, I didn't want to come off sounding macabre, but inspirational...hopefully :D
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

my feeling is he doesn't write for anyone else. he has tried to sell songs with his lawyer in nashville and as recently as a few years ago but nothing comes of it as he wants to much money and will not give them copies of the songs, they have to listen only, my feeling is these tunes are old and he has not been writing for at least 15 years. If you read the kiss interview he says he would have quit guitar if he had stayed in kiss so my guess is some truth in it. I think he quits when he feels people are not buying in or saying the words he wants to hear.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

don't forget his late ex wife also said Kenny Chesney was going to record one of his songs. not sure how true or acuarate that was. but his lawyer used to speak to tommy and he used to go in to nashville with vv at arranged events to sell music but they went into rooms to play. no tapes
Bye Bye
imaginos

Post by imaginos »

doublev2 wrote:don't forget his late ex wife also said Kenny Chesney was going to record one of his songs. not sure how true or acuarate that was. but his lawyer used to speak to tommy and he used to go in to nashville with vv at arranged events to sell music but they went into rooms to play. no tapes
That could be true.
Vinnie played various type of music before Kiss and I think he could write great country music if he wants.
Vinnie's problem is NOT a lack of talent but a lack of strong motivation, IMHO.
If he is motivated enough, he could write and release great music even now, I believe.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Yep, VV could really put the C in Cuntry

I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Will the real Vinnie Vincent please stand up ?!

If Vinnie doesn't show himself by the end of Summer, I am going to start doing shows in his makeup and disgracing his legacy with my classic style of slop.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Qpr68

Post by Qpr68 »

Very cool pic
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Qpr68 wrote:Very cool pic
Credit to Dannii for putting the makeup on an existing photo. 8) 8) 8) 8)

NEWBEGINNINGS
birnie

Post by birnie »

Nice work!

Do I see cassettes on the back shelf ???
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I believe those are computer games. I was at my buddy, BatJay's house, when I snapped the photo from his computer.

NEWBEGINNINGS