Question about when VV made phone calls to fans.

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
dega

Post by dega »

It was during the on goings with the box-set. He was making personal phone calls to the people that ordered the Vinnie Vincent Archives. He actually called my house, but I wasn't at home at the time. My ex-wife spoke with Vinnie on the phone. Did anyone else on this forum receive a phone call from Vinnie? If so, what did you guys talk about? Just curious.
doublev2

Re: Question about when VV made phone calls to fans.

Post by doublev2 »

yes him and diane at first called some people here and members from the past on the various boards mentioned it. It started out ok but then they stopped calling and got a little mean as well by the end.

Please tell us your story though.
Bye Bye
dega

Post by dega »

I wish I had a major story to tell about that experience, but unfortunately I don't. I wasn't home. My ex-wife paged me (lol @ pager).....so I went to the nearest pay-phone to call her back (lol again @ pay-phone). I called her and said "What's up?". She responded in a very excited tone, "You'll NEVER guess who just called?" I said, "I dunno, Gene Simmons?" Then I lol'ed. She said (again.....in a very excited tone), "YOU'RE CLOSE!!!!" I actually went silent for a few seconds (thinking WTF?).....then I half assed said, "Vinnie Vincent?" She loudly said, "YES!!!!" She went on to tell me about the phone call. She basically said that a man called and asked for me by name. She told the caller I wasn't currently home and then asked him if she could take a message. He told her......"Well....yeah....um....this is Vinnie Vincent". She immediately said to him (while laughing), "No this isn't". She told me he lol'ed as well and told her, "No, I'm really Vinnie Vincent." He went on to tell her that her initial reaction was common. He also told her "others have thought the same thing". He began to tell her that the reason he was calling me personally was in regards to the box-set. She claims he was very apologetic, but he never made mention to her about shelving the project. I think he was apologizing for the delays.

That was basically it. I never tried to call Metalluna. I don't think she even got a call back number. We didn't have called ID back then. I think he told her he would try to call back at another time.

In retrospect. He sincerely was doing his best. I appreciate him reaching out on a personal level. I had zero issues when I ordered Euphoria. Something happened. Very sad.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

He tried yet his perfectionist ways didn't allow him to complete the transaction with the people who spent their cash on him.

I fully agree that he met a brick wall most likely built by Gene and Paul concerning permission to use some of those songs.
Vinnie could have said that to the fans and it would've been easier to understand. He could have explained it in detail but chose to eventually hide.
He can still tell his story, just as long as it isn't the bullshit fluff that most autobiographies are.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i don't think it had anything to do with Gene and Paul. How would they have known what VV was puttimng out? He just didn't get the money together. He turned nasty to a few fans at the end though, but yeah was trying at first. Also I don't think any demos from Kiss recordings were going to be included. Maybe early versions of stuff which he will have owned. I just don't know what arrangement he had with people like JSS and Goran to be able to release the stuff. But he can not release kiss demos for sure. he never will be able to.
Bye Bye
dega

Post by dega »

doublev2 wrote:i don't think it had anything to do with Gene and Paul. How would they have known what VV was puttimng out? He just didn't get the money together. He turned nasty to a few fans at the end though, but yeah was trying at first. Also I don't think any demos from Kiss recordings were going to be included. Maybe early versions of stuff which he will have owned. I just don't know what arrangement he had with people like JSS and Goran to be able to release the stuff. But he can not release kiss demos for sure. he never will be able to.
I disagree. A good reason why I purchased box-set was because of all the KISS related demos that were listed to be included. I loved Revenge (still one of my all-time favorites) and I was thrilled to hear about the material he was going to include from Creatures, LIU, and Revenge. I posted the paperwork that I received for the Vinnie Vincent Archives on this very forum about 3 years ago. My old user name was dabonadono. Here is the one of the letters I received describing in great detail the music to be included:

Also in regards to doublev making the comment "How would they have known what VV was putting out" (Gene & Paul). I guess that the best answer I can come up with is that I knew about the box-set release through a person that I first spoke with at a Peter Criss show in he early 90's that happened to be a huge VV fan. We used to trade bootlegs back and forth and he had some great VV material. I believe he also worked security for Vinnie Vincent @ a Florida KISS Convention. He told me about it first and then I found out more details on either the internet or from Metulluna catalogs. I'm not 100% positive but I believe VV had a website and he was hyping the box-set online. I might have even seen it in a mailing from Metalluna. I did order the Signed Euphoria CD. I remember that he also had rare KISS pictures (Creatures era) for sale as well. Again......I don't remember how I officially found out about the Archives........but I did know what was supposed to be on it. Somebody obviously went back to Gene and Paul and told them what he was planning on doing. I don't think Vinnie was discreet enough about this. I think that VV being too open and saying too much about the material he was planning on releasing could have ultimately bit him in the ass.

Here are all the letters from the box-set:

http://www.vvforums.com/viewtopic.php?f ... ono#p16114

I think that this topic needs some closure. It has been almost two decades and nobody really knows what exactly happened. The only one who could clear the air about this is VV himself. I was really disappointed about this for many years. Sometimes I would get angry. Now I just want to know why? We all have theories and I believe that all the theories collectively have merit to them.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

So why did he not return money if he is such a nice guy?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Kev can you post that letter you got from him that wasn't cool.

I don't know what planet vv is from thinking he could publish kiss demos
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

1. If he couldn't release why keep all cash?
2. If kiss stopped it why not release without kiss demos?
3. Why the asshole letters?

I will tell you what happened in my opinion. . Same as always . He had grand ideas he couldn't fullfil that he wull have advertised and taken deposits way before he planned it and when fans got mad he pulled it all like he does now with music now and said they only have their selves to blame. He has hundreds of tapes and its a major task goimg through them (he told me its hard to know where to start with them all) and i bet it just got too much for him. Kiss had nothing to do with vs taking fans money and not returning it. You know nothing of how vinous operates if you think that . He doesn't have ethics like most people. The question is why did he spend the money that wasn't his?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Here is a link http://vvforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13& ... kev+letter

all sales final.. even though he had nothing to sell. Such a low life.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He also has tendencies to switch letters in names so he thinks his tracks are covered

http://vvforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2241
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Who pays for recording of demos owns them .
vv putting out kiss demos is like Robert putting out gfh with the copies he has or bobby putting out all vi demos he worked on but obviously a much grander scale. The only demos vv can put out are ones he paid for before he joined kiss or before he presented them to kiss.
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

doublev2 wrote:Kev can you post that letter you got from him that wasn't cool.

I don't know what planet vv is from thinking he could publish kiss demos
I believe that is is posted here some where but if not I will repost.

He was a fucking asshole to us with his "all sales are final and always have been". If all sales are final just give me what we ordered you drag queen thief!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

All sales are final? Nothing was sold, so there should be a refund on that case.

If you are a regular, rational person.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
dega

Post by dega »

Kevin, thank you for posting the letters you received from Metalluna. I truly don't remember ever seeing anything like what was sent to you (20 minute "downloading time" for all graphics, a 900 number, Euphoria rereleased, remixed and remastered with new artwork, VV autobiography). I never wrote letters to Metalluna and I never called. I might have actually thrown away my last letter from Metalluna. It got to the point were I was tired of getting those hand signed letters with updates. It left a pit in my stomach as if I was never going to see this box-set delivered. At first I was fine. I was even sent a letter with 5 guitar picks. Once again, I had zero issues when I ordered Euphoria. Metalluna seemed to be off to a great start and VV really seemed to have a great plan. WTF happened?? I do not believe his intent was to rip people off. I really don't. The last letter that you posted from Metalluna was very interesting. Something very negative was happening and he didn't know how to address it, so he took the defensive route in his writings. He was obviously frustrated beyond a shadow of a doubt. It could be something so humiliating and embarrassing that he was traumatized. I don't get it. I really don't. But in all honesty, I have forgiven him. It may have taken me 15 years or so to feel this way, but there are way bigger fish to fry. Like I told VV on his short lived myspace page via personal message, "Shit happens".
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yes i forgave him but it keeps happening over and over in different ways. Fake dad's , constant promises of music that never happen, booting of 2000 fans off his forum and other crooked things I can not go into .
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Hi Damian,
I think the best thing for people is to read, study and research and then form there own opinion based on what they have learned or experienced.

dega wrote " I do not believe his intent was to rip people off"

I also ordered Euphoria and it was delivered in less than 2 weeks so that was a good experience. Based on Euphoria I at first thought as you did but then consider the following:

* Was the rhythm to Let Freedom Rock Stolen?"
* Did Vinnie sell as Paul Stanley stated a Jackson Rhoads that he had never played to a fan claiming it was his favorite tour guitar for an inflated price much higher than the guitar cost new?
* Did Vinnie steal from Hirsh Gardner?
* Did Vinnie essentially steal the DoubleV Forum and lock out its founder and many of the members here?
* Did Vinnie unethically steal from a European Kiss Expo Promoter?
* Did Vinnie steal the 1st Pear DoubleV Guitar from the luthier?
* Did Vinnie steal the 4 Guitarmagedon Guitars that were shown at the Namm Show from the luthier?
* Did Vinnie fulfill his obligations to Carvin, Ibanez and Washburn for the guitars that they made for him?
* Did even a single copy of the DVD Vinnie's Angels ever exist?
* Is $9,000 to $12,000 a fair price for a DoubleV Guitar?
* Is $75 a fair price for a T-shirt of an artist that has been inactive for the better part of 20 years?
* Could Hirsch Gardner, Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Mark Slaughter, Bobby Rock, Dana Strum, Robert Fleishman, Dino, James and others all be wrong about Vinnie and their experiences with him?

* ETC Many more questions can be raised for consideration

It's true that after over 14 years as a member of Roger's, Joe's, Dino's and now Vic's Forum that I have developed my own opinion.

Best wishes and it will be interesting to hear what you think about some of the questions above. You have been a fan for a long time and many of these accusations I believe that you may have heard about at some point.

Respectfully,

Kev
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Genebaby wrote:All sales are final? Nothing was sold, so there should be a refund on that case.

If you are a regular, rational person.

Sales refers to revenue. A deferred or prepaid order is not revenue, it's unearned revenue, which is a liability account not a revenue account. Liability means something owed. A product, money...I'm pretty sure this violates a Generally Accepted Accounting Principle. The Revenue Recognition Principle states, "revenue is earned by a company when the good is delivered".

Metaluna should've been audited.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

If he referred to deferred orders as sales, chances are he entered "revenue" in his books upon receipt of money..which would violate the Security Exchange Act of 1939. Consumers are protected by the government just like suppliers that sell goods on a credit account or banks that lend money. The business that owes something is always liable.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

non of vv's businesses ever existed. Even Metaluna LLC, all just names. Even when VV goes to court he uses fake business names. Tm1, Tm One, Metaluna, Metaluma, Guitarmagedon Guitars, Vinney Vincent Productions (this may have been real or just a registered office).

This is Metaluna, never a registered company but addressed to possibly a friend/relitive. No companies to audit. He had contracts under the name TM1 and that company doesn't exist and never did, so you could say its a fraud contract.

http://www.advancedbackgroundchecks.com ... o/34926476 check the two companies registered to the address in town that VV has family.

Vigiroda Products, Inc
Metaluna Records Llc
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

dega , listen to the db geek podcasts. Robert Fleischman and many others will back us up. Also Grover Jackson, ex managers, the singer in 3 speed, ex lawyers etc. Plus so many more coming out of wood work. I think only drummer in Treasure and a few people he worked with for a short time as session musicans (inc Carmine Appice) seem to back VV up. Bobby has let some stuff slip but overall he is pretty cool about vv but did say a fight between VV and him started the decline of VVI. Also Mark and Dana other than the tune on the Slaughter album have been actually pretty nice about VV.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

also THE GTR COMPANY that was vv's label that put out Speedball Jamm also not a company just a name http://www.kiss-related-recordings.nl/v ... dball.html

unless he owns a furniture company in Waltham MA http://www.thegtrcompany.com/
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Raneri, Gregory
The GTR Company
ATTN THEGTRCOMPANY.COM

That's the design thing but Cusano owns :

Gtrcompany Vertigo
PO Box 156
Brentwood, TN 37024
Website gtrcompany.com
GTRCOMPANY.COM
Email :
music@gtrcompany.com
Other Company Data :

but ...furnitures too

http://tn.bizdirlib.com/business_direct ... ny-vertigo
http://industry.bizdirlib.com/sic57/node/192181
http://industry.bizdirlib.com/sic57/node/193441
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vertigo is the name he used to register domain names with. Everything he did was under dianes name until they split.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yes good find. Gtr music and furniture. By definitely has a non registered faux furniture business.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

[youtube][/youtube]
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

http://www.tradesparq.com/Customs/11276 ... inia-Lynne

he has a lot of stuff. i guess he maybe making a good living out of it.
Bye Bye
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

"The fields are damaged by weeds, mankind is damaged by want: therefore a gift is bestowed upon those who are free from want, brings great reward" - The Dhammapada.

[youtube][/youtube]
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

The fact remains that prepaid orders are liabilities whether legal or non formal until the goods are delivered. He owes his fans a box set or $150.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

doublev2 wrote:also THE GTR COMPANY that was vv's label that put out Speedball Jamm also not a company just a name http://www.kiss-related-recordings.nl/v ... dball.html

unless he owns a furniture company in Waltham MA http://www.thegtrcompany.com/
Point taken. His records are basement projects with phony record labels designed to make them appear professional. He creates managers and secretaries for the same reason. Although, it's unfortunate someone with such talent isn't satisfied being earnest. I don't understand why he feels the need to put on airs as though he needs more.

None should allow resentment in their hearts. Trust is earned and serenity is built. Every day. By loving all humankind. Bill Hicks restores my faith in humanity. :D

[youtube][/youtube]

And of course John Lennon..

[youtube][/youtube]
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

All warping of humanist ideals will soon be forgotten in the peace zone :D