[youtube][/youtube]
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Re: 3 Sides ... Vinnie T-shirt edition

Post by shramiac »

F*#kin poser....................boy! :D
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
youngnwasted

Post by youngnwasted »

poserboy71 wrote:James made me famous at the 42:52 mark !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]
Haha, you're welcome. I was just thinking out loud.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

James,

You have a rational perspective on things. At 37:20, thank you for representing us all. You were very respectful, yet honest. Anyone in your position would do as you did. It was very wise to shy away from certain business practices. I agree that you don't deserve to take any heat, or any blame.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
dega

Post by dega »

I really enjoyed listening to this. Very cool. I just wanted to add something about what was mentioned on the show about how Vinnie decided not to use a certain shirt design because people were making fun of it (the glam shirt as it was referred to). Doesn't he realize how much flack Gene and Paul receive on a daily basis about the current line up of KISS?? It hasn't really hurt their success by any means. I'm sure he is well aware of all the shit talking that goes on about ALL national bands on the internet. He should be flattered that he still has a hard core following by his fans. He simply cannot judge his fans response to new merchandise when he is charging way too much for a new t-shirt. Maybe he could approach the pricing as follows: unsigned for $25 and signed for $50. I mean, this is not as difficult as he is making it to be. In my opinion, he played his NAMM card incorrectly. He should drop the prices of his guitars (by thousands) and put out a more affordable line of V guitars. If he offered a guitar that LOOKED cosmetically like something he once had, it would be cool just for the display factor. I personally could care a less if the guitar sounded like shit because I could never play like him anyway. As for his recordings, I think he should bite the bullet and throw some "Official" free-bees online. He could have free download links to some of the music that was to be included on the box-set. Write an apology about it never being released and thank all the "investors" who contributed. Put around 50 songs online for free forever. It could be his way of saying I'm sorry and thank you at the same time. Work on putting new material online. If he didn't care about his Vinnie Vincent persona, he would never even think twice about lurking the internet and reading comments about himself. He also wouldn't offer new guitars and t-shirts and post things on youtube if he didn't want to publically come back as Vinnie Vincent. He wants to be back in the spotlight but he is going about it entirely wrong. Everyone has personal problems and family issues. That is life. We all have our crosses to carry. Vinnie needs to do what he does best (making music) and he should stay away from all the B.S. To quote Frank Zappa, "Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar!!"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well written but you are making the assumption that Vinnie thinks like a regular person, which he doesn't.

His actions over the time have shown this. He harshly deleted large sections of the previous message board, which was devastating to the fans on there at the time.

He hates this place because he can't control and censor it too. He doesn't get that nobody can control everything.

Even official boards of bands are not full of glowing reviews and ass kissing like he craves.

Look at how much shit Metallica copped for Napster. You need a thick skin to be in the spotlight. Sometimes it seems Vinnie has no skin at all with the way he reacts and behaves.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
dega

Post by dega »

He definitely has a different vision than the norm, but no one can argue the fact that he truly wants to reappear as the persona of Vinnie Vincent. There is no "I" in team. He needs people to help him because clearly he cannot expose himself correctly on his own. He was a part of KISS. That sealed the deal for him for the rest of his career. Nobody can ever take that away from him. They are and have been a successful band for many years. He worked hard for them and he should reap all the benefits from being involved with them. Maybe he didn't receive the financial compensation he believes that he deserves from KISS, but he should use that whole experience to his advantage. What is the purpose of copyrighting the Ankh and Fox make-up if you are not going to do anything with it. Does he receive any kind of royalties from KISS when they use his images on KISS related releases? Maybe he just needs to sit in a room all by himself all day and smoke pot. He could be on some weird prescription meds. that mess with his decision making and moods.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

There have been numerous people here who have offered help to Vinnie including myself, if he wasn't so stubborn and learned to trust, I/We would be on a plane asap to Tennessee....We all want him to "Return" to the world of Rock & Roll and see him smile once again. But until he does that, all we can do is sit back and pray !!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

BigEd wrote:There have been numerous people here who have offered help to Vinnie including myself, if he wasn't so stubborn and learned to trust, I/We would be on a plane asap to Tennessee....We all want him to "Return" to the world of Rock & Roll and see him smile once again. But until he does that, all we can do is sit back and pray !!!
Well said.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

dega wrote:He definitely has a different vision than the norm, but no one can argue the fact that he truly wants to reappear as the persona of Vinnie Vincent. There is no "I" in team. He needs people to help him because clearly he cannot expose himself correctly on his own. He was a part of KISS. That sealed the deal for him for the rest of his career. Nobody can ever take that away from him. They are and have been a successful band for many years. He worked hard for them and he should reap all the benefits from being involved with them. Maybe he didn't receive the financial compensation he believes that he deserves from KISS, but he should use that whole experience to his advantage. What is the purpose of copyrighting the Ankh and Fox make-up if you are not going to do anything with it. Does he receive any kind of royalties from KISS when they use his images on KISS related releases? Maybe he just needs to sit in a room all by himself all day and smoke pot. He could be on some weird prescription meds. that mess with his decision making and moods.
It is super accurate that Vinnie cannot "expose" himself correctly on his own. Until he finally did resurface on Dino's board he had been laying low and that was better for him as opposed to what has happened since.

His reputation wasn't great but it has only gotten many times worse since then.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Genebaby wrote:
dega wrote:He definitely has a different vision than the norm, but no one can argue the fact that he truly wants to reappear as the persona of Vinnie Vincent. There is no "I" in team. He needs people to help him because clearly he cannot expose himself correctly on his own. He was a part of KISS. That sealed the deal for him for the rest of his career. Nobody can ever take that away from him. They are and have been a successful band for many years. He worked hard for them and he should reap all the benefits from being involved with them. Maybe he didn't receive the financial compensation he believes that he deserves from KISS, but he should use that whole experience to his advantage. What is the purpose of copyrighting the Ankh and Fox make-up if you are not going to do anything with it. Does he receive any kind of royalties from KISS when they use his images on KISS related releases? Maybe he just needs to sit in a room all by himself all day and smoke pot. He could be on some weird prescription meds. that mess with his decision making and moods.
It is super accurate that Vinnie cannot "expose" himself correctly on his own. Until he finally did resurface on Dino's board he had been laying low and that was better for him as opposed to what has happened since.

His reputation wasn't great but it has only gotten many times worse since then.
Vic,
Looking back I don't know if Vinnie was really laying low any much more than now. How many aliases has he had over the years? I believe that we interacted with Vinnie without realizing it on Roger's original board and then later on Joe's Board and obviously Dino's. What is the oldest alias that we suspect, Andrea Nix from Pyromessiah? I believe that there were others earlier on and that Vinnie has been with us and very frustrated since the late 1990's or 2000's using one alias or another.

For everyone's consideration

Kev
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

True Kev, I keep forgetting about that. We used to wonder if Vinnie read the other boards and whether he would make his presence known.

He was around, but not as himself. When he did emerge as himself the damage he did was great.
dega

Post by dega »

BigEd wrote:There have been numerous people here who have offered help to Vinnie including myself, if he wasn't so stubborn and learned to trust, I/We would be on a plane asap to Tennessee....We all want him to "Return" to the world of Rock & Roll and see him smile once again. But until he does that, all we can do is sit back and pray !!!
No disrespect yourself or anyone that has offered to help Vinnie, but maybe the idea of fans willing to jump on a plane to help him out might purely creep him out. This is a man that did have national recognition in his past workings and has done things that many aspiring musicians could only dream of. If he wanted to make a move he could. He could call Eddie Trunk tomorrow and appear on That Metal Show. Eddie would have him on in a heartbeat. Ted Nugent's appearance last weekend on That Metal Show was very entertaining. Great energy that night. Do the people from the VV fan forums that offered to help VV have any credentials in the music industry? What kinda of "plan" was somebody going to bring to the table that would of made him say, "Hi it's me, come to Tennessee."
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Damian,
Much respect to you BUT for you to come in and out of the forum and ask such a thing is absurd.
If you would frequent this forum, you would know who is WHO and who does WHAT.
You would've seen how many times Vinnie has poked his head into OUR world and tried to screw people over with inferior product at high prices or even incredible product (Palecki Guitars) at prices that you would need to remortgage your house for.

If Vinnie is freaked out about it then he just needs to go the fuck away and quit the teasing.
People who fuck with other people need to constantly look over their shoulders.
He has earned his paranoia !!!!

There is immeasurable talent at this forum that still works in the entertainment industry and that can pull strings with successful people in the industry that are still working.

Vinnie has famously destroyed most of his relationships and contacts and he obviously isn't capable of making rational business decisions.
Vinnie doesn't understand the practice of keeping costs low, prices reasonable, and having a high profit.
He always forgets something in the MIDDLE :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: therefore leaving him with not only no profit but NO SALES.

He needs to concentrate on music and ONLY music. Who better to help him than the ones who actually care about his career and are still affected in a good way ( regardless of his TWATery) by it ?

Look at the music on the two VVI albums... NOW look at those shitty album covers... get my drift ?

It's nothing new. That about sums Vinnie up... ... NOTHING NEW. :| :| :| :|

Other than us, he is out of options.

Again RESPECT,
Rick

NEWBEGINNINGS
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Even if "WE" didn't have any experience.... The fact that were willing to help our friend after all we've been through, speaks for itself !!!
dega

Post by dega »

poserboy71 wrote:Damian,
Much respect to you BUT for you to come in and out of the forum and ask such a thing is absurd.
If you would frequent this forum, you would know who is WHO and who does WHAT.
You would've seen how many times Vinnie has poked his head into OUR world and tried to screw people over with inferior product at high prices or even incredible product (Palecki Guitars) at prices that you would need to remortgage your house for.

If Vinnie is freaked out about it then he just needs to go the fuck away and quit the teasing.
People who fuck with other people need to constantly look over their shoulders.
He has earned his paranoia !!!!

There is immeasurable talent at this forum that still works in the entertainment industry and that can pull strings with successful people in the industry that are still working.

Vinnie has famously destroyed most of his relationships and contacts and he obviously isn't capable of making rational business decisions.
Vinnie doesn't understand the practice of keeping costs low, prices reasonable, and having a high profit.
He always forgets something in the MIDDLE :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: therefore leaving him with not only no profit but NO SALES.

He needs to concentrate on music and ONLY music. Who better to help him than the ones who actually care about his career and are still affected in a good way ( regardless of his TWATery) by it ?

Look at the music on the two VVI albums... NOW look at those shitty album covers... get my drift ?

It's nothing new. That about sums Vinnie up... ... NOTHING NEW. :| :| :| :|

Other than us, he is out of options.

Again RESPECT,
Rick
I must apologize if I offended you or anyone else here. I appreciate the fact that people on here genuinely want to see him excel at what he does best. It seems as if there is a love/hate thing going on at times. I really do not have a clue to "who is who" and who has done what. This stuff seems pretty deep and personal. I spoke with a guitar builder (Ed Roman) a few years back and he told me that he didn't have a very positive experience working with VV, but he did tell me that he thought he was a very talented player and that he personally liked his make-up persona the best out of all members of KISS. Clearly he has mislead people on this forum. I like how he plays guitar and I think he is a very good song writer. I was a little upset when he released Speedball Jamm and never tried to make amends or issue a statement about the box set. I was a member of the pyro messiah site and also the VVforum that doublev used to run. Maybe it bothers him that people are so inquisitive about his personal life. Again Rick, I wasn't trying to upset anyone here. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't a fan of his work. It just doesn't make any sense to me at all.
dega

Post by dega »

BigEd wrote:Even if "WE" didn't have any experience.... The fact that were willing to help our friend after all we've been through, speaks for itself !!!
I wasn't trying to knock everyone's credentials, I was doing my best to logically figure out why he hasn't surfaced since the 90's.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Damian, I apologize if I came off as attacking. That wasn't the intention,
All is good and you do pose a good angle to how Vinnie might be thinking.

He trusted other people before and was let down.
The difference is those people were getting paid and if they weren't getting paid, they wouldn't do it any longer.

We offer our time and services because of the love and respect we STILL hold for his playing and music.
We can DEVELOP respect for the man again if he would open himself to it.

Respect

NEWBEGINNINGS
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

I was putting my Commercial property up as collateral and asking my Dressed in Black Italian friends for $$$$ to allow Vinnie to take a step back to greatness !!! The thought of going for a boat ride with size 13 cement boots did cross mind....
dega

Post by dega »

poserboy71 wrote:Damian, I apologize if I came off as attacking. That wasn't the intention,
All is good and you do pose a good angle to how Vinnie might be thinking.

He trusted other people before and was let down.
The difference is those people were getting paid and if they weren't getting paid, they wouldn't do it any longer.

We offer our time and services because of the love and respect we STILL hold for his playing and music.
We can DEVELOP respect for the man again if he would open himself to it.

Respect
You didn't come across to me as aggressive or "attacking", but I felt that you were a little defensive. It just didn't make sense to me at all. I really feel for all the people on this forum that tried to reach out to Vinnie and offer him help and then unfortunately got burned in the process. It is interesting about how you stated "he trusted other people before and was let down." Then in the next sentence you stated that "The difference is those people were getting paid and if they weren't getting paid, they wouldn't do it any longer." It would appear that he didn't hold up his end of the deal (making payments) and they did the smart thing by no longer dealing with him. I don't see how that would be considered a "let down". Again, I know nothing about the behind the scenes interactions, but if he isn't doing good business, then why should people go out on a limb for the man? People have families and bills to pay. What would give him or anyone in this world the right to do that to somebody? He doesn't even have good social graces. No apologies or explanations for past mishaps. The words "I'm sorry" have a greater impact on people then he realizes. I think he should give each and everyone of you who did their best to help him one of his $12,000 guitars. Sounds to me like you guys have earned it.
dega

Post by dega »

BigEd wrote:I was putting my Commercial property up as collateral and asking my Dressed in Black Italian friends for $$$$ to allow Vinnie to take a step back to greatness !!! The thought of going for a boat ride with size 13 cement boots did cross mind....
WOW!!!
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

This was for a one night concert.... "The Return of Vinnie Vincent" in his home town of "Bridgeport CT" 1,400 seat venue that would have probably been sold-out !!!
dega

Post by dega »

BigEd wrote:This was for a one night concert.... "The Return of Vinnie Vincent" in his home town of "Bridgeport CT" 1,400 seat venue that would have probably been sold-out !!!
Very interesting. Is there a thread on this forum about it? I would like to hear more about this. How long ago was this event supposed to take place and what exactly happened?
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

No big threads but look under "Close but no cigar" Concert was to potentially take place 2 yrs ago ???
That's if we all agreed on things....I didn't want a dime, just cover my costs and the rest would have been Vinnie's, Hopefully word would spread and maybe a mini tour may have had a possibility.....
dega

Post by dega »

BigEd wrote:No big threads but look under "Close but no cigar" Concert was to potentially take place 2 yrs ago ???
That's if we all agreed on things....I didn't want a dime, just cover my costs and the rest would have been Vinnie's, Hopefully word would spread and maybe a mini tour may have had a possibility.....
Thanks BigEd. I found the thread you were talking about: http://www.vvforums.com/viewtopic.php?f ... gar#p80434

Did you ever get the chance to inquire as to who his current band members were at that time? It seems so odd to me that he hasn't performed with a live band since VVI (not counting the KISS Conventions) and he was asking for $70,000. I found it interesting that when he played during the KISS Conventions that he didn't play any guitar solos. I wonder if that would have cost the promoters extra? I even question to whether or not his guitar was actually plugged in while he was playing those Conventions.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

dega wrote:
BigEd wrote:No big threads but look under "Close but no cigar" Concert was to potentially take place 2 yrs ago ???
Thanks BigEd. I found the thread you were talking about: http://www.vvforums.com/viewtopic.php?f ... gar#p80434

Did you ever get the chance to inquire as to who his current band members were at that time? It seems so odd to me that he hasn't performed with a live band since VVI (not counting the KISS Conventions) and he was asking for $70,000. I found it interesting that when he played during the KISS Conventions that he didn't play any guitar solos. I wonder if that would have cost the promoters extra? I even question to whether or not his guitar was actually plugged in while he was playing those Conventions.
I like you could never ever hear a note that Vinnie was playing. I too believe that he stood on stage and essentially played air guitar at those conventions. That's a real shame but an illustration of the mental health issues that were already developing then. It is questionable whether he can even still play?
FISHEYEDFOOL

Post by FISHEYEDFOOL »

the owner at a music store in downtown Nashville 8 or 9 years ago said he heard Vinnie accidently shot himself with a gun while cleaning it. leaving him unable to play because of nerve damage.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Fishy can you get that guy interviewed or confirm report ?
Bye Bye
FISHEYEDFOOL

Post by FISHEYEDFOOL »

he was peter criss' tour mgr in 1980 or 81-82.or so he clamed. he also is the owner of rock block guitars. they are the ones that laughed when I ask if Vinnie Vincent was in town or if they knew of him. said, you mean the guy in kiss that had a sex change? lol. I said ok, I haven't heard that one but wow! they also said he used to be seen at the mall a lot dressed as a woman and riding around with a woman in a red convertible car. oh my, Vinnie boy. all this was years ago. just funny what people really think and say.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

How true the story is, I guess we will never really know....but I did read somewhere a while back on the Internet that Diane did allegedly own a Chrysler Sebring Convertible. I guess some neighborhood kids had slashed her top and It went to court. Vinnie was allegedly seen in a disguise in the rear row of the court house.
Does anybody remember hearing this or have that article at there disposal ?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yes i remember. And a police report.
Either vv is in his 86 glam look which obviously looks like drag or his is in disguise or he does cross dress. I suppose not too important. Either way it's fine.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

BigEd wrote:How true the story is, I guess we will never really know....but I did read somewhere a while back on the Internet that Diane did allegedly own a Chrysler Sebring Convertible. I guess some neighborhood kids had slashed her top and It went to court. Vinnie was allegedly seen in a disguise in the rear row of the court house.
Does anybody remember hearing this or have that article at there disposal ?
It was the kids next door. :wink: TRUE

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

dega wrote:
You didn't come across to me as aggressive or "attacking", but I felt that you were a little defensive. It just didn't make sense to me at all. I really feel for all the people on this forum that tried to reach out to Vinnie and offer him help and then unfortunately got burned in the process. It is interesting about how you stated "he trusted other people before and was let down." Then in the next sentence you stated that "The difference is those people were getting paid and if they weren't getting paid, they wouldn't do it any longer." It would appear that he didn't hold up his end of the deal (making payments) and they did the smart thing by no longer dealing with him. I don't see how that would be considered a "let down". Again, I know nothing about the behind the scenes interactions, but if he isn't doing good business, then why should people go out on a limb for the man? People have families and bills to pay. What would give him or anyone in this world the right to do that to somebody? He doesn't even have good social graces. No apologies or explanations for past mishaps. The words "I'm sorry" have a greater impact on people then he realizes. I think he should give each and everyone of you who did their best to help him one of his $12,000 guitars. Sounds to me like you guys have earned it.
My point was that the people only cared about themselves (even Vinnie ) at the time. All of that selfishness destroyed an incredible musician.
The difference between us and those people is our absolute love and respect that we still hold onto regarding Vinnie and his music.
The people that are regulars here are truly a family of sorts. There is an incredible TRUST , RESPECT, LOVE, and FRIENDSHIP that exists on these pages. People have traveled many miles to hang out with other forum members, have called from across the WORLD to check in with each other, have had each others backs during difficult times, etc...
I wouldn't expect those people to work for free. It is a business.

We have OFFERED to do so because it is a crime that he has kept quiet for this long and Vinnie ,as well as those who care, deserve to smile because of his music once again.

Thinking about someone being alone and possibly dealing with many years of sadness isn't comforting to anyone here. There is still a desire amongst many of us here to lend him a hand.
Sure we are fans but this runs a bit deeper . Again, It has been displayed amongst forum members so why would we turn our back on Vinnie?

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

F*ck yeah! Good one Dannii!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
dega

Post by dega »

poserboy71 wrote:
dega wrote:
My point was that the people only cared about themselves (even Vinnie ) at the time. All of that selfishness destroyed an incredible musician.
The difference between us and those people is our absolute love and respect that we still hold onto regarding Vinnie and his music.
The people that are regulars here are truly a family of sorts. There is an incredible TRUST , RESPECT, LOVE, and FRIENDSHIP that exists on these pages. People have traveled many miles to hang out with other forum members, have called from across the WORLD to check in with each other, have had each others backs during difficult times, etc...
I wouldn't expect those people to work for free. It is a business.

We have OFFERED to do so because it is a crime that he has kept quiet for this long and Vinnie ,as well as those who care, deserve to smile because of his music once again.

Thinking about someone being alone and possibly dealing with many years of sadness isn't comforting to anyone here. There is still a desire amongst many of us here to lend him a hand.
Sure we are fans but this runs a bit deeper . Again, It has been displayed amongst forum members so why would we turn our back on Vinnie?
That is really cool. It sounds to me like there are a lot of good people on this forum with great intentions. I hope that one day he will reach out to everyone again and give it a go.