Robben Ford on I Still Love you ???

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Streetbeat

Robben Ford on I Still Love you ???

Post by Streetbeat »

Being this a Vinnie Song , how come Robben Ford play lead on that tune ?
i wonder what Vinnie thought of Kiss playing this on Unplugged !
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

He thought about his royalty check.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Vinnie Vincent "Revenge" Sessions , "Guitars

Post by Streetbeat »

Has any of you heard Unholy , I Just wanna and Heart of Chrome
demos with Vinnie on Lead ?

Did you guys know that the Revenge title was Vinnie's idea ?
Kiss was tempted to use "Guitars from Hell" as well

I guess KISS is always HOT for Vinnie's ideas !!!

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I remember that. I wouldn't have called Revenge Guitars From Hell, it doesn't quite fit that title. Good record though, it was an exciting time when it was coming out and got released.

See Vinnie, fans like it when things are released.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

and yes , he saved KISS twice , 1982 and 1992
Vinnie seems to be the fuel that ignites KISS in that MEAN mode !!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

As much as I love pretty much all of Kiss for various reasons, they were at their best when teamed up with the Vmeister....
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Genebaby wrote:As much as I love pretty much all of Kiss for various reasons, they were at their best when teamed up with the Vmeister....
No doubt about it

Vinnie is KISS race fuel
doublev

Post by doublev »

No question Vinnie was the best for kiss. If he still writes like he used to he was one of the best rock writers of all time in my opinion as well as being one of the most intriguing players.
doublev

Post by doublev »

too bad things didn't work out after the 90s. I still have no idea why he didn't write for other bands. I can think of many big bands that would have certainly benefited from his writing... David Lee Roth, Whitesnake, Alice Cooper, Ozzy for starters. I still think Vinnie would have been a perfect match for Coverdale's vocals.
doublev

Post by doublev »

at least we all know just how talented v was and thats based on not much material. I hope vinnie sees that we just admire his skills. even if most of us seem to be his enemies, he should take comfort that we all know he was the best at what he did and not many people know that. too bad we all can not join vinnie in a private forum and find some common ground so we can all fully support him once more. Most of us defended him tooth and nail and its such a shame something got broken. It would be especially of interest to vinnie to get his best fans back on side.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I still can't figure out if Vinnie thinks too much of himself or too little. :? :? :?

Even a anal perfectionist like Eric Johnson finally said FUCK IT and had to start releasing product.He just started enjoying his playing more as did his audience. The perfectionist angle is BORING. Loosen up.

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The ball is and has always been in Vinnie's court.

HE IS A FUCKING BALL HOG !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vinnie , Come out and PLAAAAYYYYY !

VINNIE , COME OUT AND PLAAAAYYYYY !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

as for Robben Ford, I think that Vinnie only played on Gene's tunes.. I think Paul used other players. Don't forget Vinnie wasn't in the band then, and from what I hear Gene was the guy pushing for Vinnie. It seems as if Gene was closer to Vinnie during Creatures and maybe Paul got a little closer during Lick it up, but with the Exciter thing it seems like Paul still wanted to make sure Vinnie was put in his place. I suppose you can see both Kiss and Vinnie's sides of the stories. Unless you were their its really impossible to know what the hell happened. Its clear Kiss were struggling and somehow Vinnie's tune Lick it up saved them. A guy that played with him in high school said that most of the Lick it up tune was Vinnie's and he had written elements when he was very young, not sure how true it was.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Paul really does seem to be a prissy bitch behind the scenes. It's either his way or he won't do it. Paul's jealousy seems to be easily triggered.

A friend of mine was Kiss' tour manager about 6 or 7 years ago and supposedly fucked one of Paul's groupies. Paul was a whining baby and there seems to still exist resentment from Paul at my friend for this. Paul holds grudges for a long time it seems.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

bryan adams will tell you. Kiss basically took your tunes and added their names to them as songwriting credits even if they had nothing to do with them. They basically said take it or leave it. but if you join a band like that you just have to shut up and get on with it and hope that the longer you are in the band the more say you would have.

Lots has been said about Eric Carr, but his family actually said Eric was replaced while he was sick (and not too sick), he was even asking around if any bands wanted a new drummer. Not many people know that but I really think he was fired in some way after hot in the shade. I know he nearly left the band over 'little ceaser' because they were not going to put it on the album and they promised him one song on the record. I also have an interview when Eric in a small way bad mouthed Kiss.. I know Gene said he never said anything bad but he did open his mouth once at least.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

We have heard so much RUMOR of the Eric ordeal that it becomes fact when you read between the lines of what Paul and Gene tell the media.

Eric got fucked.Like I've said before, I believe that Eric and Vinnie's sense of humor were similar. Eric was just more apt to cower to P&G . Vinnie stood up to them. Gene probably respected that at the time where Paul acts like a bitch and whines to Gene in order to get his way.

No wonder Gene was ABSENT from Kiss for many years after Vinnie's departure and only showed a renewed interest when Vinnie returned for "Revenge".

NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

would be cool to read that interview
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

poserboy71 wrote:We have heard so much RUMOR of the Eric ordeal that it becomes fact when you read between the lines of what Paul and Gene tell the media.

Eric got fucked.Like I've said before, I believe that Eric and Vinnie's sense of humor were similar. Eric was just more apt to cower to P&G . Vinnie stood up to them. Gene probably respected that at the time where Paul acts like a bitch and whines to Gene in order to get his way.

No wonder Gene was ABSENT from Kiss for many years after Vinnie's departure and only showed a renewed interest when Vinnie returned for "Revenge"
You have a big BIG point there , that's totally true !!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Also- I never understood what Kiss' Revenge was for or aimed at.They always fucked themselves by following trends.

Vinnie using that as an album title makes perfect sense. Kiss fucked him.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

i am one of the few that didn't care for 'revenge' Unholy and hearts of chrome are the only two tunes i liked.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Vinnie could have aimed that title at the Invasion clan and Sewitt as well.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Batman

Post by Batman »

Actually, I don't think there are any Revenge demos featuring Vinnie on lead. There was some sort of portrait interview with Vinnie around that time. Vinnie said that Gene wanted him to play on the demos, but he refused. Or something like that...
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

if Vinnie wrote Unholy , im sure that at one point there are some rough ideas with him on guitar
doublev

Post by doublev »

I used to believe v got fucked by kiss but now I don't. Sorry . Like Grover said, I think if v hated waited and payed the game things woud have worked out. I guess v didn't get paid well which he should have been.
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

doublev wrote:bryan adams will tell you. Kiss basically took your tunes and added their names to them as songwriting credits even if they had nothing to do with them. They basically said take it or leave it. but if you join a band like that you just have to shut up and get on with it and hope that the longer you are in the band the more say you would have.

Lots has been said about Eric Carr, but his family actually said Eric was replaced while he was sick (and not too sick), he was even asking around if any bands wanted a new drummer. Not many people know that but I really think he was fired in some way after hot in the shade. I know he nearly left the band over 'little ceaser' because they were not going to put it on the album and they promised him one song on the record. I also have an interview when Eric in a small way bad mouthed Kiss.. I know Gene said he never said anything bad but he did open his mouth once at least.
I believe that ace has said on many occasions that when eric was in the hospital gene an paul pulled his medical insurance so they wouldnt have to pay out the money....thats sad
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I'll dig out an "Australian Kiss Crazy Knights" fanclub newsletter that printed a letter from Eric's family asking Gene to release Eric's "Rockheads" stuff back to them and I'll post it. This was back in 96' and I still have no idea if he ever gave it back to them?
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(