From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Agraphobia.
Agoraphobia
Classification and external resources
ICD-10 F40
F40.00 Without panic disorder, F40.01 With panic disorder
ICD-9 300.22 Without panic disorder, 300.21 With panic disorder
MeSH D000379

Agoraphobia (from Greek ἀγορά, "marketplace"; and φόβος/φοβία, -phobia) is an anxiety disorder characterized by anxiety in situations where the sufferer perceives the environment as being difficult to escape or get help. These situations include, but are not limited to, wide-open spaces, as well as uncontrollable social situations such as may be met in shopping malls, airports, and on bridges. Agoraphobia is defined within the DSM-IV TR as a subset of panic disorder, involving the fear of incurring a panic attack in those environments.[1] The sufferer may go to great lengths to avoid those situations, in severe cases becoming unable to leave their home or safe haven.
Although mostly thought to be a fear of public places, it is now believed that agoraphobia develops as a complication of panic attacks.[2] However, there is evidence that the implied one-way causal relationship between spontaneous panic attacks and agoraphobia in DSM-IV may be incorrect.[3] Onset is usually between ages 20 and 40 years and more common in women.[4] Approximately 3.2 million, or about 2.2%, of adults in the US between the ages of 18 and 54, suffer from agoraphobia.[5] Agoraphobia can account for approximately 60% of phobias.[6] Studies have shown two different age groups at first onset: early to mid twenties, and early thirties.[7]
In response to a traumatic event, anxiety may interrupt the formation of memories and disrupt the learning processes, resulting in dissociation. Depersonalization (a feeling of disconnection from one’s self) and derealisation (a feeling of disconnection from one's surroundings) are other dissociative methods of withdrawing from anxiety.[8]
doublev2

Re: Vinnie the.....

Post by doublev2 »

Wow. Nailed it.
Bye Bye
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

I always thought that Vinnie has invented a new mental disorder.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Portillo wrote:I always thought that Vinnie has invented a new mental disorder.
fusion insanity
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

metatron wrote:fusion insanity
That's Holdsworth's music isn't it??? :shock:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

:roll:
Bye Bye
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

metatron wrote:Fusion insanity
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Slayer wrote:Agoraphobia
Agoraphobia
ICD-10 F40
MeSH D000379

Agoraphobia (from Greek ἀγορά, "marketplace"; and φόβος/φοβία, -phobia) is an anxiety disorder characterized by anxiety in situations where the sufferer perceives the environment as being difficult to escape or get help. These situations include, but are not limited to, wide-open spaces, as well as uncontrollable social situations such as may be met in shopping malls, airports, and on bridges. Agoraphobia is defined within the DSM-IV TR as a subset of panic disorder, involving the fear of incurring a panic attack in those environments.[1] The sufferer may go to great lengths to avoid those situations, in severe cases becoming unable to leave their home or safe haven.
Although mostly thought to be a fear of public places, it is now believed that agoraphobia develops as a complication of panic attacks.[2] However, there is evidence that the implied one-way causal relationship between spontaneous panic attacks and agoraphobia in DSM-IV may be incorrect.[3] Onset is usually between ages 20 and 40 years and more common in women.[4] Approximately 3.2 million, or about 2.2%, of adults in the US between the ages of 18 and 54, suffer from agoraphobia.[5] Agoraphobia can account for approximately 60% of phobias.[6] Studies have shown two different age groups at first onset: early to mid twenties, and early thirties.[7]
In response to a traumatic event, anxiety may interrupt the formation of memories and disrupt the learning processes, resulting in dissociation. Depersonalization (a feeling of disconnection from one’s self) and derealisation (a feeling of disconnection from one's surroundings) are other dissociative methods of withdrawing from anxiety.[8]

I used to suffer from this or just plain social anxiety. Learned to get over it...took me several years, but I made it.
metatron

Post by metatron »

[youtube][/youtube]
Make him Stop! He's hurting my head :D
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Holdsworth probably thought this performance sucked too! He's never happy??????

Chad is a very stiff looking drummer as well???
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

shramiac wrote:Holdsworth probably thought this performance sucked too! He's never happy??????

Chad is a very stiff looking drummer as well???
His music SUCKS!!!! Allan plays his best as a guest musician. There he is unbeatable! His TONE is so unbelievable great!

[youtube][/youtube]

Level 42 "Guaranteed" - Killer Album with several Holdsworth solos. Also look after Stanley Clarke "If This Bass Could Only Talk" - what a fucking bunch of cool songs, one with killer Holdsworth solo section...
And on the 8th day god created rock'n roll!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I can not get past the generic drums on that level 42 but hes good for sure.
Bye Bye
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Agoraphobia
ICD-10 F40
MeSH D000379

This sounds like me, too. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Depersonalization and derealization are the worst things I've ever experienced. I would much rather feel anxious than to feel nothing at all.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

KissMyAss wrote:
Agoraphobia
ICD-10 F40
MeSH D000379

Don't you go to your classes?
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Slayer wrote:
KissMyAss wrote:
Agoraphobia
ICD-10 F40
MeSH D000379

Don't you go to your classes?
I'm going to speak with an advisor over the phone today. I am starting in Fall. I tried to start in summer, but there were 0 online classes.

I meet my obligations, and then go back to my safe haven. I'm a recluse...I was diagnosed with social phobia and avoidant personality disorder.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

PinkWiz wrote:Depersonalization and derealization are the worst things I've ever experienced. I would much rather feel anxious than to feel nothing at all.
I'm sad to hear you have to go through that.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

KissMyAss wrote:
PinkWiz wrote:Depersonalization and derealization are the worst things I've ever experienced. I would much rather feel anxious than to feel nothing at all.
I'm sad to hear you have to go through that.

Yeah, it definitely caught me off guard back in 2004 into 2005... worst two years of my life. In that state of mind, it's like looking thru everything and nothing's real... like you're living a dream and everything is scripted (like life's a movie and you're an actor in your own life). As this point, I suppose it has become part of my personality.

Luckily, I searched the internet back then and found others who were going thru the same thing and that helped me deal with it better. Until I went thru it, I could never understand people "going crazy"... DP and DR made me understand it perfectly. :?

Honestly, if Cusano is going thru something like this he would have my complete sympathy.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

PW, Fuck, Sorry to hear that.
In another awkward coincidence, 2004-2005 was the worst year of my life.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

poserboy71 wrote:PW, Fuck, Sorry to hear that.
PB, mental crap or just all around, general suck?

Hope u start feeling better KMA.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

PinkWiz wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:PW, Fuck, Sorry to hear that.
PB, mental crap or just all around, general suck?

Hope u start feeling better KMA.
Divorce... thinking that I was losing my kiddies. As soon as I realized differently, things got better.
It took MANY years ...

KMA, Mind over matter. YOU are strong. REALIZE THAT !!!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS