The CRITICS Corner of the VVFF- Invasion All Systems GO

Post by poserboy71 »

Discuss each song. Bonus songs. ETC...
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I'm not a big fan of Mark Slaughter. I think that it's mostly because I've never heard a live performance where he sounded good. He sounds good to sometimes great on a studio recording but is generally awful on a live performance, at least the one that I have heard.

Ashes to Ashes - is a great song but I prefer the original solo that Vinnie intended to be in the song rather than the solo that ended up on the album. This my favorite song on this album
Dirty Rhythm - I don't care for this song
Love Kills - is a great ballad
Naughty Naughty - I don't care for this song
Burn - Great guitar work on this song
Let Freedom Rock - It's ok and is one of the easier Vinnie Songs to play not recorded with Kiss
That Time of Year - This is a great song and ballad and is Mark Slaughter at his very best
Heavy Pettin - This song is ok
Ecstasy - I don't care for this song - it's kind of a gay anthem
Deeper and Deeper - This song is ok
Breakout - I like this song
Meltdown = Great drum solo
I'm Pretty Shot - I like this a lot even though it's a little sloppy in places it's very real sounding and unpretentious

I rate this 3 out of 5 stars mostly because of Mark Slaughter
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

Mark Slaughter and Robert F sound very similar to me, like they do the whiny Robert Plant thing but little other styles in their arsenal. I prefer the songs on ASG, more variety than Invasion.
teej

Post by teej »

In general too much cheese and shitty as fuck production .. sounds like the guitars were compressed to death. .dotn like Slaughter at all .. but there were some great tunes .. the rockers .. didnt like the ballad stuff .. just limp wristed after first cd .. breakout was incredible but you had to strain to hear the amazing solo .. it was always way down in the mix .. total BS from either the 'band' .. record co .. or both ..
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
doublev

Post by doublev »

Slaughter was one band I could not stomach. That ballad hit they had was just sick.
ASG I loved when it came out but its a little 'Return of the Jedi' and Mark is an Ewok. Its still great however.