Any reason why vinnie was thrown under the bus here?

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
AceAlive1

Any reason why vinnie was thrown under the bus here?

Post by AceAlive1 »

[youtube][/youtube]

start at 2:45.....

why bruce had this to say about vinnie is beyond me........vinnie could have easily said 'i wrote it, its my stuff. period'

but he took the high road and said " WE worked on it as to include everyone" and bruce just went nuts on him there and people some how think its funny? :roll: :roll:

its a damn solo, chill out bruce
Brainsaw

Re: Any reason why vinnie was thrown under the bus here?

Post by Brainsaw »

I'd say jealousy on Bruce's part.

He looks at what Vinnie did with KISS and then he looks at what he did.

Vinnie comes in and has 5 of his songs recorded for Creatures.
Vinnie has 8 of his songs used for LIU.

KISS was playing the hell out of I Love It Loud, I Still Love You, Lick It Up etc in concert during the Bruce years.

None of the songs Bruce wrote were made the regular concert setlist for any period of time. A few played here and there but they weren't staples.

He had to put up with hearing VInnie saved KISS.

He had to put up with COTN and LIU were great albums. Asylum-Hits were just a throw away period.

All Music was right about Animalize: With two strong albums back to back (Creatures of the Night and Lick It Up), Kiss fans were confident that the band's next album would be just as good. Although 1984's Animalize was a big hit (eventually going double platinum), it was the beginning of the band's second unfocused period.

From All Music--this pretty much sums up Bruce's time there:
Hence, Hot in the Shade is a slight improvement over its flat predecessors (Asylum, Crazy Nights) -- but not by much. The songwriting is still unfocused

And how would you like to be Kulick and read this:

Again, never ones to ignore lucrative business opportunities, Simmons and Stanley swallowed their pride and rejoined forces with former bandmate Vinnie Vincent. Together, they co-wrote Revenge's three centerpieces -- "Unholy," "I Just Wanna," and "Heart of Chrome." Bringing Vincent back to the Kiss fold ultimately proves to be the album's coup de grâce. Some of the cuts are excellent, delivered with conviction and panache, but for all the hype, the album is also tainted with filler. (All Music)

Bruce was in the band all those years...but he has nothing to show for it other than he would do anything to stay there. Heck, Bruce even let them cut his salary in 1/2 and took it. The guy lacked having any balls or pride. And what did he get for his loyalty? He got fired and replaced by Thayer. Thayer probably made more in 8-10 concerts than Bruce made in a year.

Also funny how Bruce acts like Vinnie wasn't doing a solo on the demos etc during the writing process and the demoing of the song.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

No jealousy . Please stop this .
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

the answer is quite simple.Bruce has always been very proud about his solo on that song,and he mentioned how Steve vai complimented on one of the notes he played.So, when Vinnie stated-it seems- that that was his solo and not Bruce's,Bruce didn't take that too gracefully.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

ankh wrote:the answer is quite simple.Bruce has always been very proud about his solo on that song,and he mentioned how Steve vai complimented on one of the notes he played.So, when Vinnie stated-it seems- that that was his solo and not Bruce's,Bruce didn't take that too gracefully.

It seems like Bruce is claiming that Vinnie claimed that he played the solo on "Unholy" when Vinnie went out of his way to say the solo on the album is not his.

http://kulick.net/revenge/#unholy

Of course, Bruce doesn't say how much of Vinnie's solo he copied from the demos ;).

Also interesting how Kulick doesn't even mention Vinnie on : http://kulick.net/revenge/#heartofchrome or I Just Wanna http://kulick.net/revenge/#ijustwanna

And isn't in curious....Bruce was in KISS all those years and the 1 compliment he gets on a solo it was a song Vinnie wrote and played on the demos etc . Amazing. What a damn coincidence!

Vinnie said that Gene handed him the guitar and wanted him to play on the album I wish Vinnie had taken him up on it. I also wish they would have used the other songs they recorded for the album that were Vinnies instead of Kulick filler like "Tough Love" and some of the other garbage that made it on there.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Oh please
Bye Bye
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

Brainsaw wrote:
ankh wrote:the answer is quite simple.Bruce has always been very proud about his solo on that song,and he mentioned how Steve vai complimented on one of the notes he played.So, when Vinnie stated-it seems- that that was his solo and not Bruce's,Bruce didn't take that too gracefully.

It seems like Bruce is claiming that Vinnie claimed that he played the solo on "Unholy" when Vinnie went out of his way to say the solo on the album is not his.

http://kulick.net/revenge/#unholy

Of course, Bruce doesn't say how much of Vinnie's solo he copied from the demos ;).

Also interesting how Kulick doesn't even mention Vinnie on : http://kulick.net/revenge/#heartofchrome or I Just Wanna http://kulick.net/revenge/#ijustwanna

And isn't in curious....Bruce was in KISS all those years and the 1 compliment he gets on a solo it was a song Vinnie wrote and played on the demos etc . Amazing. What a damn coincidence!

Vinnie said that Gene handed him the guitar and wanted him to play on the album I wish Vinnie had taken him up on it. I also wish they would have used the other songs they recorded for the album that were Vinnies instead of Kulick filler like "Tough Love" and some of the other garbage that made it on there.

i wonder if he would have played the solo would he have been back in kiss again. woulda been kick ass.

leads me to another question....what would the reunion have looked like? vinnie instead of ace?
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

When I saw that video ages ago, I was more worried at the shenanigans that Vinnie was doing to the fans. Which was mentioned by Paul I think.
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

Portillo wrote:When I saw that video ages ago, I was more worried at the shenanigans that Vinnie was doing to the fans. Which was mentioned by Paul I think.

you mean selling a glorified picture book for THOUSANDS isnt worse? (monster)

or kissology dvds that were cut all to hell?
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

I dont know about that. But the selling guitars thing that Vinnie was doing sounds pretty silly.
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

AceAlive1 wrote:
Portillo wrote:When I saw that video ages ago, I was more worried at the shenanigans that Vinnie was doing to the fans. Which was mentioned by Paul I think.

I'd think what they did to Eric Carr was the lowest of the low...
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

Portillo wrote:I dont know about that. But the selling guitars thing that Vinnie was doing sounds pretty silly.

Ace was doing that in the early 90's.

And when does Paul claim Vinnie did this in 1984? Because-- if not during that time period...then of course, it had nothing to do with the question at hand.
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

Brainsaw wrote:
AceAlive1 wrote:

very true....no one better mention another word about ethics. its bullshit since they've thrown anything and everything at us at super high prices and people buy it becauses its got a kiss logo on it......yet they fault vinnie for selling a guitar to a fan..... mountain? meet mole hill.
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

AceAlive1 wrote:
Brainsaw wrote:
AceAlive1 wrote:

very true....no one better mention another word about ethics. its bullshit since they've thrown anything and everything at us at super high prices and people buy it becauses its got a kiss logo on it......yet they fault vinnie for selling a guitar to a fan..... mountain? meet mole hill.

And again, I'd love to know what year they are claiming that happened? 83-84 or sometime in the 90's? And if they claim, its in the 90's and that's why they "fired him" from Revenge does that mean he was a KISS member again?? ;)
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

Brainsaw wrote:
AceAlive1 wrote:
Brainsaw wrote:
AceAlive1 wrote:

And again, I'd love to know what year they are claiming that happened? 83-84 or sometime in the 90's? And if they claim, its in the 90's and that's why they "fired him" from Revenge does that mean he was a KISS member again?? ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: