Brandvold, Lafon, Sommers-Three Sides Of The Coin

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
erg2

Re: Brandvold, Lafon, Sommers-Three Sides Of The Coin

Post by erg2 »

I have listened to all 4 episodes of this group's podcast so far. I like the fact that someone is creating a podcast that discusses KISS but this podcast is weak. My reasons:

1- There is no conflict or differing opinion. They managed to dig up 3 guys that have the exact same opinions down to the minutia on EVERYTHING related to KISS. How can you have a discussion? Everyone hates everything post originals. Everyone loves everything post reunion. Everyone likes the exact same songs. Everyone likes the exact same albums. Everyone likes the exact same producers. It's like listening to Hannity and Hannity...

2- They don't really seem to give a lot of "meat" for their reasons for liking anything. They discuss producers, but not really specifically what was good/bad, successful/unsuccessful. The only thing that even comes close to a critique is saying the drums on DTK are muddy. Brandvoid likes DESTROYER and EZRIN because "...he just likes it better." Wow, that's some amazing insight there.

3- Quality? The guy from Minnesota sounds like he's talking into a tin can on a string. The other guy's mic cuts out every 5th syllable. It's hard to even listen to this podcast from a pure technical standpoint...and I am pretty forgiving of shit quality stuff.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen