Facts

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Brainsaw

Facts

Post by Brainsaw »

I keep seeing lies now that "Boyz" wasn''t ever in rotation on MTV. Ok, we can shut down that lie

http://books.google.com/books?id=ICUEAA ... TV&f=false

And remember, when they are busted on that lie about it not being in rotation, you can pretty much dismiss all the other false claims about radio play, promotion etc.

The single that went out to radio "Ashes To Ashes"
ttp://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4771352993203573&pid=15.1

As previously stated many times, "Ashes To Ashes" was in rotation on 65 AOR stations.
Also, I even gave a list of the stations that had the song in rotation back in May 1988 (forgot which week)

"Ashes" (Radio edit)? What?! The song on the radio was the same one on the album. That was the problem. That's one reason Vinnie was pissed. The record label didn't put out the versions he wanted. And that's why Vinnie was talking about releasing the album with a new cover and the "guitars back on there" including the version of "Ashes" with the 1 1/2 minute long solo.

Be nice if people paid attention......
shramiac

Re: Facts

Post by shramiac »

Cool!

Second link doesn't work though dude!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

shramiac wrote:Cool!

Second link doesn't work though dude!

Sorry, the "h" got left off at the beginning when I was pasting the link in:

The single that went out to radio "Ashes To Ashes"
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.47713529 ... 3&pid=15.1

The "Sneak Peak Medley" was played some (mostly when the guys did call ins...things like that but it was never "added".
5minLuvKills

Post by 5minLuvKills »

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS
Rock and Roll is my RELIGION and my LAW
erg2

Post by erg2 »

@5min- he really believes it. Nobody is saying it wasn't "in rotation", just not in "heavy rotation".
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

5minLuvKills wrote:BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS
Nice tribute to the Brainsaw song!

Like Boyz Are Gonna Rock in medium rotation on MTV?

http://books.google.com/books?id=tyQEAA ... TV&f=false

Of course, to the haters.... it wasn't hardly ever played. Just like "Ashes" on radio Just like "That Time Of Year" or "Love Kils".

Remember....those kids memories trump reality =) If they hardly saw it on MTV, then it doesn't matter how big it was in the rotation. Because they might have seen MTV one hour a day. Who cares what was going on the other 23 ;).
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

erg2 wrote:@5min- he really believes it. Nobody is saying it wasn't "in rotation", just not in "heavy rotation".
You give love a bad name--played to death on Mtv

Welcome to the Jungle---Good song, but yes, played to death on mtv

Boyz are gonna rock---not overplayed on Mtv.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Remember, your memories aren't real

It's all an ILLUSION :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.

Post by 1031 »

Brainsaw wrote:I keep seeing lies now that "Boyz" wasn''t ever in rotation on MTV. Ok, we can shut down that lie
Can you please show where some said that Boys are gonna rock never made it to rotation? I believe all that was said was that it made it to active rotation but never heavy.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

1031 wrote:
Brainsaw wrote:I keep seeing lies now that "Boyz" wasn''t ever in rotation on MTV. Ok, we can shut down that lie
Can you please show where some said that Boys are gonna rock never made it to rotation? I believe all that was said was that it made it to active rotation but never heavy.

Who do you think would have said it? The master king of false information on this board!

The same one who has told falsehoods about:
ASG sales figures
Ashes To Ashes not being played on radio and was never added (even though 65 A&R stations were playing it)
That Time Of Year was supposedly only played 2 or 3 times
Love Kills supposedly only played a few times.

The lies about the Nightmare box set. And even though you give the answer-- still more wrong b.s. Once the song is included in the movie its done. Set price. That doesn't change. But if you want to include the whole music video as an extra on it. That changes things. Why WKRP left off so much music now. They only bought the music rights for that for like 5 airings. Now if they want to include it--that's why they were getting hit with $20,000 for one song. Or $5000 for another. No telling how much Vinnie was hitting them up for to include the whole "Love Kills" song w/ video in the bonus section.

And it's also funny how nobody knew VVI and he didn't have much of a fan base yet, New Line came to him. Why wasn't it included in the movie more. Vinnie never wrote a new song and then they just decided on throwing "Love KIlls" on the movie about 6 weeks until the movie came out.

But even though "Boyz" was in rotation on MTV..... you can guess who made the claim it wasn't! The same person peddling so much b.s.

doublev2 wrote:Sorry boyz got some mtv play but not in rotation. Give me a break. It was still only very occasionally played on mtv.

So remember this and apply it to every other claim he's made about airplay, magazine coverage etc.

NOT TRUE AT ALL!
5minLuvKills

Post by 5minLuvKills »

Just to humor you let's assume you are right.

...so what? You have been getting worked up over the last month or so over nothin... at best you are right and VVI was popular when they were an active band...they certinly aren't popular now. And there are bands that when they were active most people didn't know who they were that have gone on to achieve popularity they never had when they were still together. One that comes to mind is The Velvet Underground. And there are also bands that were popular at the time they were together that practically no one listens to now (see Winger...better yet see Creed...they were HUGE now no one listens to them). So what does all this prove? Ab-so-fuckin-lute-ly nothin!

Time is the ultimate judge. Of course VV hasn't done himself any favors by basically crawling under a rock for the past 25 years...
erg2

Post by erg2 »

If it's on the internet, it must be true.
VVI was huge and all his videos were on heavy rotation on MTV.

Vinnie was SO successful with the VVI that he retired early and now lives in a palatial estate in the south of France off of his residuals. Oh wait, he has applied for bankruptcy multiple times and lives as a recluse at the end of a dirt road in hick town in TN. (And that's meant as no disrespect to hick towns, as I grew up in a hick town in central Illinois.)
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies

Post by 1031 »

BS please if you could explain why, you get so worked up ? I am a fan of lots of bands and even have bit of memorabilia from different ones, and have even spent quite a bit of time learning to play songs from a favorites. But I have never went to the point of extracting every detail of a band or artist collecting every single snip it of information and memorizing it, putting it in boxes. Are you living by proxy though this person ? Why does the possibility of any information that contradicts your view seem to threaten you ? Its not your life, or legacy its someone else who lived that. Also if you could give me a thought of while you seem to have a coypus amount of information and opinions on a lot of Vinnies life yet you choose to ignore large parts of it. Would that not also be part of the information gathering process you hold so close and admire and protect, would that not also be part of the legacy ?

I am just trying to understand the fan that YOU are. maybe you can give us a bit of insight in to this obviously very important part of your life.

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

BS, Do you pee standing up or sitting down ?

When I'm indoors, I try to sit as much as possible. I usually enjoying hanging wang outdoors though.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ibam saying it was not in rotation as well as all asg songs. Sorry not in rotation. I listened out for vvi on radio and never heard it in the 80s.. even on specislist metal stations .
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

doublev2 wrote:Ibam saying it was not in rotation as well as all asg songs. Sorry not in rotation. I listened out for vvi on radio and never heard it in the 80s.. even on specislist metal stations .
I know KSHE was not playing it rotation it was may be played once every two weeks if ever.

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

maybe once per radio station listed by brainsaw but i doubt that. the radio stations vv did publicity for YES but on rotation.. no way jose.
Bye Bye
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

1031 wrote:
doublev2 wrote:Ibam saying it was not in rotation as well as all asg songs. Sorry not in rotation. I listened out for vvi on radio and never heard it in the 80s.. even on specislist metal stations .
I know KSHE was not playing it rotation it was may be played once every two weeks if ever.

I don't know if KSHE added it or not. I don't have the sheets with me.

But it was added in rotation on 65 AOR stations.

It's funny because where "Ashes" was charting had been posted Dec 8 in the Decibel Podcast thread. Even after that, we heard for weeks and weeks, Ashes was never played on radio etc. Now all those false claims that person has made just keeps falling apart.

But I will again post what was posted back Dec 8:

CONCRETE MARKETING 6-20-ii (page 5)
VINNIE VINCENT INVASION - All Systems Go
Vinnie used to play with that famous 1970's band who wore makeup, but has moved on to form his own Invasion. At 64 in Billboard, 14 in the Concrete scan, 69 in Album Network sales and 9 in Hard Metal chart.

The title track "Ashes To Ashes" is 78 in AN Power Cuts, 75 in FMOB Hot Trax and 77 in the Hard 100. The next track coming is "That Time Of Year". The big production makes this a guitar players favorite overdub of the year.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

boy you convinced me with that.
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

The problem I have with Concrete marketing is they were in the biz of promotion of albums and bands so your not going to get a true record of what happens only the rosy promotion part. They were working for Chrysalis if I remember right.

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

brainsaw where is gonnarock?
Bye Bye
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

What does that have to do with the radio playlists?

Interesting info from Concrete that Ace's first two albums combined sold 600,000 units.

But back to radio Concrete had nothing to do with it. Chryalis received National Rock Radio Tracking reports (an exclusive service of The Album Network).

KSHE was in the Upper Midwest (Carol Glaser handled that area). The Upper Midwest was the worst area for airplay (other than Canada and the Northeast (Long Island, Dover, Asbury Park , Poughkeepsie, Wildwood).

In the May 17th report, its hard to tell about the nation by KSHE (St. Louis). It was either "Top 5 Request Phones) or Consulted By Polleck Media.

Again May 17th chart for Ashes To Ashes Radio play
Stations reporting 42

Heavy Rotation 3
Medium 16
Light 21

The week before Ashes was on 33 reporting stations.

It was performing best in the West and the South
5minLuvKills

Post by 5minLuvKills »

I'm pretty sure the first Frehley's Comet album went Gold...and I can say that with as much validity as you (BS) can since you cite nothing to back up your claim. That being said the VVI albums are WAAAAAAAY better than the Frehley's Comet albums are in terms of quality and that's all I care about.
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

5minLuvKills wrote:I'm pretty sure the first Frehley's Comet album went Gold...and I can say that with as much validity as you (BS) can since you cite nothing to back up your claim. That being said the VVI albums are WAAAAAAAY better than the Frehley's Comet albums are in terms of quality and that's all I care about.

No it didn't. It may have shipped enough to but the RIAA didn't audit it and give present them an award.

And if we go with what Concrete Marketing says, the first two combined sold 600,000 (FC and Second Sighting).

Of course, Invasion was on Billboard 29 weeks to Frehleys Comets 25.
5minLuvKills

Post by 5minLuvKills »

Brainsaw wrote:
5minLuvKills wrote:I'm pretty sure the first Frehley's Comet album went Gold...and I can say that with as much validity as you (BS) can since you cite nothing to back up your claim. That being said the VVI albums are WAAAAAAAY better than the Frehley's Comet albums are in terms of quality and that's all I care about.

No it didn't. It may have shipped enough to but the RIAA didn't audit it and give present them an award.

And if we go with what Concrete Marketing says, the first two combined sold 600,000 (FC and Second Sighting).

Of course, Invasion was on Billboard 29 weeks to Frehleys Comets 25.

Of course I wrote the main riffs for Not For The Innocent and Cold Gin and they were stolen from me...don't believe me? I don't blame you, I have no proof to back it up.

If you don't wanna prove it that's fine as well like I said I don't really care what the sales were.
Last edited by 5minLuvKills on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

brainsaw is busted
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

once lived a women named riverlioness who turned into kiss my ass.
and once lived venice angel who turned into gonnarock and then into brainsaw.

they both got together and planned some fun

on the vvforums board

sorry about the bad poem!!
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

one of you busted the other but who???
Bye Bye
5minLuvKills

Post by 5minLuvKills »

all I know is I'm the one who told Paul to rap the verses in All Hell's Breaking Loose :D
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yeah, i remember he said if I rap we take 25% off of Vinnie's salary. :D
Bye Bye
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

doublev2 wrote:once lived a women named riverlioness who turned into kiss my ass.
and once lived venice angel who turned into gonnarock and then into brainsaw.

they both got together and planned some fun

on the vvforums board

sorry about the bad poem!!
Brainsaw is no gonnarock :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post by 1031 »

Brainsaw wrote:What does that have to do with the radio playlists?

Interesting info from Concrete that Ace's first two albums combined sold 600,000 units.

But back to radio Concrete had nothing to do with it. Chryalis received National Rock Radio Tracking reports (an exclusive service of The Album Network).

KSHE was in the Upper Midwest (Carol Glaser handled that area). The Upper Midwest was the worst area for airplay (other than Canada and the Northeast (Long Island, Dover, Asbury Park , Poughkeepsie, Wildwood).

In the May 17th report, its hard to tell about the nation by KSHE (St. Louis). It was either "Top 5 Request Phones) or Consulted By Polleck Media.

Stations reporting 42

Heavy Rotation 3
Medium 16
Light 21

You sighted Concrete marketing as a source, and there BIZ is to push bands this included air play and record store product placement..... they are "SALES MARKETING" . Its there job to tell you how great something is.

So from your own stats, at its hight it was not being played in the center of the US half the stations played it in light rotation these could be as little as once a week, most of the stations playing it in medium rotation were west coast stations and only made it heavy rotation on 3 stations more than likely ZROCK that had very little coverage at the time. Also where are the stats for how long this lasted .. what a week ?
This is not the stats of a popular artist at his apex .

Gonna rock, I am still waiting on the questions I asked you. what makes a person a VLAR fan.

Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

1031 wrote:
Brainsaw wrote:What does that have to do with the radio playlists?

Stations reporting 42

Heavy Rotation 3
Medium 16
Light 21

So from your own stats, at its hight it was not being played in the center of the US half the stations played it in light rotation these could be as little as once a week, most of the stations playing it in medium rotation were west coast stations and only made it heavy rotation on 3 stations more than likely ZROCK that had very little coverage at the time. Also where are the stats for how long this lasted .. what a week ?
This is not the stats of a popular artist at his apex .

That wasn't at its height. That was only the 3rd week it had been out. Obviously it wasn't at it's height because at its height it was at 65 stations.

My goodness, I've never seen so many morons.....who claim....I don't care....I'm shutting up and then just keep on and on and on!

The chart play and where it was later was given. It was mostly intended for the Z Rock stations etc. There's about 20 different regions on the sheet.

Of course the radio airplay only came about because a FLAT OUT LIAR claimed it was never played on radio. Because they hate VVI and its success.

They hate that it flew off the shelves and re-orders poured in...just like with Invasion.

We've had you make the claims Invasion was only on the charts for 16 weeks. FALSE.
You acted like the tours didn't make a difference for Invasion on the charts. FALSE
You acted like Invasion wasn't talked about -- even though Billboard said they were making waves.

Even though Invasion and ASG got mostly good to great reviews ---you tried to dismiss that.

Vinnie getting the Nightmare song.... of course after Dokken...they'd go to a band that didn't do anything in your opinion.

Funny how KISS fans have believed 35-40 years of b.s. and lies.... can't handle the truth and facts.

Post by 1031 »

Gonnarock, you have a overly slanted view of the Invasion's real success on national level because you are obsessed and desperate to get close to Vinnie. I really don't care, I just like agitating wing nut VBLAR's. Plus I know this is all you really have in life and feed on so, I am just doing my part of filling you with happiness.

Feeding time: Still waiting on links to playlist's from stations and billboard chart proof... from billboard

Gonnarock, I do have a question is this mission on direction of Vinnie, a collaboration between you and KMY or desperate attempt to get in Vinnies good graces again.... Hey what happened with your website love fest attempts ?

Hey gotta go you will have to make it though the holidays with out a regular feeding, so ration accordingly

Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

1031 wrote:Gonnarock, you have a overly slanted view of the Invasion's real success on national level because you are obsessed and desperate to get close to Vinnie. I really don't care,
Of course you don't and then you'll come back and lie about VVI only spending 16 weeks on the charts instead of 29 because you just love lying.

And I'm only telling the truth and facts and if you were any kind of Vinnie fan at all, you'd know he doesn't like ASG and he wants to downplay its success. But, hey, that would help ruin your lies...

Desperate to get close to Vinnie-- yeah. LOL You're jealousy is shining through.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

This debate over album sales is just getting quite nauseating...it's like watching a tennis match and coming home with a sore neck !!! Who really cares at this point what the Invasion did or didn't do, the main concern should be what can "WE" do as Fans of Vinnie, to get him to make an appearance or release some music... I just watched 60 Minutes and there was a story on a guy named "Rodriguez", he was a guitar playing artist...kinda like Dylan and was famous at one time but after his 2 albums flopped he disappeared for close to 40 years only to be found living like a homeless person in Detroit. He has since been re-discovered and now is performing again to sold-out crowds...He is now 70 years old but his career has been re-born and his life is better than it ever was before !!! It's time to ROCK Vinnie, let the World see you again !!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Good one ed. It doesnt matter.
I hope we all including me can just stop arguing.
Brainsaw please lets just move on. I agree to stop arguing but we all need to.
Bye Bye
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

BigEd wrote:This debate over album sales is just getting quite nauseating...it's like watching a tennis match and coming home with a sore neck !!! Who really cares at this point what the Invasion did or didn't do, the main concern should be what can "WE" do as Fans of Vinnie, to get him to make an appearance or release some music...!

Good point and I don't know the answer to that.

Maybe start a KICKSTARTER project. Raise $200,000 or more. Pay off the "back money" Vinnie owes to KISS and with the rest.... go towards finishing GUITARMAGEDDON etc. Heck, he might want to go back and re-record the whole damn thing again.

I would be fine with that. Bring Bobby in on drums. And find a great singer who would tour to support the album. And pay for a great music video. Better kick that kickstarter up to $250K or $300K =).

and then might as well raise the money to pay off the "Archives" people as well. Granted, you really wouldn't have to deal with that but... why have a bunch of people complaining when the new album comes out?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Very good idea. Vinnie should do a kickstarter project. Vinnie sign up to kickstarter.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Brainsaw wrote:
1031 wrote:Gonnarock, you have a overly slanted view of the Invasion's real success on national level because you are obsessed and desperate to get close to Vinnie. I really don't care,
Of course you don't and then you'll come back and lie about VVI only spending 16 weeks on the charts instead of 29 because you just love lying.

And I'm only telling the truth and facts and if you were any kind of Vinnie fan at all, you'd know he doesn't like ASG and he wants to downplay its success. But, hey, that would help ruin your lies...

Desperate to get close to Vinnie-- yeah. LOL You're jealousy is shining through.
So, Does this mean that Brainsaw is actually GonnaRock? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS

Post by 1031 »

poserboy71 wrote:
Brainsaw wrote:

Yep...

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Let's get everything straight just for shits and giggles. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think that I know the answer but let's get the consensus.

Brainsaw ,who was Gonnarock ,who was...

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

poserboy71 wrote:

Who the hell is GonnaRock?

But yeah, I'm him, I'm Vinnie.... I'm whomever you want to say I am.

Funny, because when I first posted here--I clearly stated that I had looked in on the forum from time to time but had never posted.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Angel. You made some major errors
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

1031 wrote:BS please if you could explain why, you get so worked up ? I am a fan of lots of bands and even have bit of memorabilia from different ones, and have even spent quite a bit of time learning to play songs from a favorites. But I have never went to the point of extracting every detail of a band or artist collecting every single snip it of information and memorizing it, putting it in boxes. Are you living by proxy though this person ? Why does the possibility of any information that contradicts your view seem to threaten you ? Its not your life, or legacy its someone else who lived that. Also if you could give me a thought of while you seem to have a coypus amount of information and opinions on a lot of Vinnies life yet you choose to ignore large parts of it. Would that not also be part of the information gathering process you hold so close and admire and protect, would that not also be part of the legacy ?

I am just trying to understand the fan that YOU are. maybe you can give us a bit of insight in to this obviously very important part of your life.
Actually, I'd LOVE to hear VINNIE'S ANGEL'S/GONNAROCK'S/BRAINSAW'S/ASS PIMPLE'S response to this.

doublev2 wrote:Very good idea. Vinnie should do a kickstarter project. Vinnie sign up to kickstarter.
I'm not "kickstarting" anything until Vinnie either repays the $120 for my boxset investment OR he sends me the equivalent of the music I was promised. He can PM me anytime and I will set up a place he can drop-box the mp3 files. I give my word the files shant be shared.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

poserboy71 wrote:Let's get everything straight just for shits and giggles. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think that I know the answer but let's get the consensus.

Brainsaw ,who was Gonnarock ,who was...

No, its Brainsaw who is actually Vinnie.....that's the claim around here... remember.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:Angel. You made some major errors
Agreed. :D :wink:

NEWBEGINNINGS