Bands that were fans of Vinnie Vincent

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Monkey

Bands that were fans of Vinnie Vincent

Post by Monkey »

I always thought it was pretty cool that Adrian Smith (one of the lead guitarists for Iron Maiden) wore a VV shirt for his profile pictures added to their "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" album booklet.

Anyone here know of any other "celebrity" VV fans, or places where VV shows up where one wouldn't expect?
doublev

Post by doublev »

the iron maiden drummer at the time of the vvi record.

jim gillette of nitro

i never heard of another 80s band talking about vvi

i think drummer Frankie Banali who I think was in WASP and LA Guns.

by the way who is that guy on facebook who claims to be vv and has all those celebs buying into it? he should be stopped. I saw that Frankie Banali and a whole bunch of 80s rock starts had bought into it.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Yngwie Malmsteen's drummer from around 2002 was a big fan. not sure if he is still playing with Yngwie.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

frankie was in quiet riot , yngwie 2002 ?? might have been patrick johansen
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

chris bickley wrote:frankie was in quiet riot , yngwie 2002 ?? might have been patrick johansen
Frank did play with WASP. Not sure for how long but he is in the Real Me video.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

sorry i never was a frankie fan
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I worked for Quiet Riot. Kevin was a flower. Frankie knew where his bread was buttered and was a flower by proxy.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

L.A. Guns were fans. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:L.A. Guns were fans. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
as seen in the New York best seller 'How to make friends & influence people' by VV.
AKA - Rip & Tear baby, Rip & Tear
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev

Post by doublev »

I take it that you are joking about LA Guns. They had a big fight with Vinnie and Bobby in Detroit in 1988 and Traci took the fight to the magazines.

I saw Banali on the last Chris Holmes tour, was it mean man or something.

I like his drum collection but as a player he is ok to me.

Yes. I think Patrick was the drummer that loves VV.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Dino, look at the emoticons after the comment!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

yes, i got confused with those deceptive faces.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote:L.A. Guns were fans. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I actually wrote an abusive letter to Ibanez after my Jem started to rust after a couple of weeks (guess I just have bad sweat) & my request for a "custom" RG which looked like the one Petrucci then used (features, not paint job) and they'd sent me a piss poor reply to my original letter. I slagged them for having advertising featuring guys like Tracii Guns who claimed "Ibanez has been with me all these years" and then later in the same mag state, "I recorded the album with my 59' Les Paul and 62' Strat"!!? I hated those guys that scabbed guitars off every manufacturer! Oooppps better no say anymore about those kind of guys! :wink:
Plus LA Guns sucked bigtime!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev

Post by doublev »

yes, very few told the truth. they just took the free guitars or payment even if they didn't use the guitars. I suppose you can see they may need the cash but its not honest to the fans. Maybe its a lesson to fans. Buy what you like and not what you think your heros use.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

on my end i use what ever i can get to work for the song , how ever live i use the stuff that supports me. like zion, bulletproof and (soon) .. monster .. i can see certain guysing using other guitars because of a certain sound there looking for maybe for a specific song. like a strat or tele , but that dosnt mean anything the most of the record should be what you normally use. strange i tell ya
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

I remember Alehi Laiho from children of bodom mentioning vinni in an interview i read once....
metatron

Post by metatron »

saintandsinner wrote:I remember Alehi Laiho from children of bodom mentioning vinni in an interview i read once....
Alexi Laiho likes his Pink guitars & straps,
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

John 5 from Marilyn Manson/ Rob Zombie fame is a Vinnie fan.

NEWBEGINNINGS
ankh

Post by ankh »

lars ulrich from metallica was big fan of first record.......according ti Vhinie(it's not a typo)
doublev

Post by doublev »

it was his girlfriend . his girlfriend used to listen to the record all the time. i wasn't sure if lars himself liked it.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Good memory Dino, I have a faded memory of that.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
DirtyRhythm

Post by DirtyRhythm »

poserboy71 wrote:John 5 from Marilyn Manson/ Rob Zombie fame is a Vinnie fan.
Yeah, I remember an article where he talked about how much he loved the first Invasion disc.
Nuke It, Nuke It...start over again
sandra_41

Post by sandra_41 »

Martin Sweet from Crashdiet is a big fan of VV :P
Batman

Post by Batman »

sandra_41 wrote:Martin Sweet from Crashdiet is a big fan of VV :P
Of course, he's a fan of 80s KISS as well. So much for Generation Wild being a rip off of Thrills in the night...well well.

Abbath from the Norwegian black metal band Immortal is a big VV fan.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Heard there is a Metal doco & Abbath talks about..Don't know what the doco is called....sorry.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Batman wrote:Image[/url]

Arrggh! Chase the virgin through the forrest, chanting prayers for the dark lord. Catch the virgin and smother her with my "muffin top"! Yyeeearrgh!
metatron

Post by metatron »

What is the story with Death metal, Black metal bands & their logos. Never can read what the fuck it says. Do you need to fuck a goats head first before trying to read it or what :?: :shock:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I've always thought the same thing. I would think the first rule of advertising is making your product visible and the logo recognizable.

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:I've always thought the same thing. I would think the first rule of advertising is making your product visible and the logo recognizable.
That's why as much as they sh!t me these days. KISS got the best logo.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

True about the Kiss logo. Also ,Cheap Trick's logo is brilliant for having the band name multiple times within the logo. :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
Batman

Post by Batman »

I remember an interview with the black metal band Satyricon and they were asked why they changed their logo. The reply was "Cause kids these days can't read"

I love black metal, death metal however...sucks.
KISS is the ultimate logo. Led Zeppelin is also very good...really cool font. Why can't you get that font in Word or Pages ????? :evil: