Was Vinnie in fact lefthanded?

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

As I wrote in another topic, I don't know too much about the last years and unhappy things in vinnie's life. But, the more often I read different topics in here I wonder, if Vinnie perhaps in fact is LEFTHANDED.
I do have much experience with that: In my job as a guitar teacher I am confronted with that nearly every day (my lefty students have to play lefthanded, if someone is'nt shure of himself he has to got tested), for myself, I am right handed, my wonderful daughter Stella is lefthanded, her mother is born lefthanded and was "brain breaked" and forced to write with the right hand in school. this caused very heavy problems, psychologically, emotionally and others.
In fact, persons who where "brain breaked" in many cases always live in fight with themselves, with others, sometimes with the whole world. And, In their views, THE WORLD IS WRONG!!!
Sounds a little bit like what I read in here about Vinnie...
I'm happy to receive your comments and helping links to get more information. :)
thanks a lot! cheers...
And on the 8th day god created rock'n roll!
metatron

Re: Was Vinnie in fact lefthanded?

Post by metatron »

Is preforming a "brain break" similar to MK-ULTRA :?:
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.

Post by 1031 »

I started out left handed but was forced to learn right handed young, I remember having to squeeze a tennis ball for hours on end and constantly being corrected at the dinner table. It was thought to be a real stigma to be left handed, or at least my mom did. i doubt that it contributed to my bipolar and have quite good moral compass,but did make feel different when I was young. I dont think much about it now.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Don't know? Seemed work out ok for Gary Moore! Though alcohol eventually got him. Phil Mickelson is a righty but plays golf left handed.
Weirder is that I know two guys who do everything right handed but write left handed???
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

metatron wrote:Is preforming a "brain break" similar to MK-ULTRA :?:
I'm sorry for my bad English: what is MK-Ultra???
mrblitz

Post by mrblitz »

mk-ultra = c.i.a. 'mind control' program from the 1960s
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

My buddy Jim (lead singer of Salty Dog) had a band called MK-Ultra. :D
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
vvjunkie

Post by vvjunkie »

When I was in the 3rd grade I broke my right arm and had to learn to write left handed.
If you see me fallen and endless fall
If you hear me calling a never ending call
If you see me bleeding I'm losing control
If you see me dying I'm dying alone.
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

shramiac wrote:Don't know? Seemed work out ok for Gary Moore! Though alcohol eventually got him. Phil Mickelson is a righty but plays golf left handed.
Weirder is that I know two guys who do everything right handed but write left handed???
Yes I know that. Similar to Ritchie Blackmore, Mark Knopfler, Steve Morse and othters. Dave Wakeling is in fact right handed but plays lefty...
in very rare cases, people, who are in fact right handed, are forced (sometimes by themselfes in the kindergarten or 1st & 2nd class), to write left! ( for example, when the right arm was broken, or the kid has on its right side a very dominating left handed child)
To all people in here who are interested in that item, go here: http://www.lefthandedguitarists.com/
"uncommon sound" is a massive book on this, very good written, brrilliant recherches...

the worst case of all: danny gatton, the "best unknown guitar player" of all time, played right handed, was in fact lefty, shot himself...
but that is going too far for here.
most guitar teachers ask the wrong question: Is it possible for a lefty, to play right handed? Yes, of course, it is. But, like sayed: its the WRONG question. you have to ask: "does playing guitar or writing with the NOT DOMINANT hand affect your brain and personality? Yes!! It does!!! In some cases more, in some cases less.
But, back to MY QUESTION? Does anybody in here have any informations if vinnie was in fact lefty???
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

1031 wrote:I started out left handed but was forced to learn right handed young, I remember having to squeeze a tennis ball for hours on end and constantly being corrected at the dinner table. It was thought to be a real stigma to be left handed, or at least my mom did. i doubt that it contributed to my bipolar and have quite good moral compass,but did make feel different when I was young. I dont think much about it now.
hi, sorry for my bad English, i did'nt understand, what is "bipolar" meant...

and, please, let me say with all respect: not thinking about it, is the worst thing to do...
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Manic Deppressive Disorder
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Spoiled Brat Disorder
metatron

Post by metatron »

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/39092/how-did-sinister-the-latin-word-for-left-handed-get-its-current-meaning wrote:Historically, the left side, and subsequently left-handedness, was considered negative in many cultures. The Latin word sinistra originally meant "left" but took on meanings of "evil" or "unlucky" by the Classical Latin era, and this double meaning survives in European derivatives of Latin, and in the English word "sinister".

Meanings gradually developed from use of these terms in the ancient languages. In many modern European languages, including English, the word for the direction "right" (destra)
also means "correct" or "proper", and also stands for authority and justice. In most Slavic languages the root prav is used in words carrying meanings of correctness or justice.

So, if you were left-handed or sinister, you were associated with evil. In time, sinister itself meant evil and threatening. EtymOnline said that sinister attained this meaning in the early 15th century. The OED supports this, writing that the first uses of sinister to mean malicious were:
1474 Rolls of Parl. VI. 110/1 Contynuyn in habundaunce of goodes and havour, to their sinister pleasure.

1477 Earl Rivers tr. Dictes or Sayengis Philosophhres (Caxton) (1877) lf. 7, Leste ye be let or withdrawen ther fro by eny sinistre or euil temptacion
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.

Post by 1031 »

heavystef wrote:
1031 wrote:I started out left handed but was forced to learn right handed young, I remember having to squeeze a tennis ball for hours on end and constantly being corrected at the dinner table. It was thought to be a real stigma to be left handed, or at least my mom did. i doubt that it contributed to my bipolar and have quite good moral compass,but did make feel different when I was young. I dont think much about it now.

and, please, let me say with all respect: not thinking about it, is the worst thing to do...
No worries here, I have worked all that stuff out, I had a great support system and good doctors a steady diet of anti psychotic meds. Life is good.
Thanks for the concern though, there are a lot of people who never get help and live life miserably.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

1031 wrote:
heavystef wrote:

No worries here, I have worked all that stuff out, I had a great support system and good doctors a steady diet of anti psychotic meds. Life is good.
Thanks for the concern though, there are a lot of people who never get help and live life miserably.
So, all the best for you! But, maybe, "re - schooling" (the german word is: "Rückschulung") your left hand (what is similar to your right side of the brain) may help a lot!
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

Back to Vinnie: I did some researches, he wrote with the right hand, the autographs loocked typically right handed, but that does'nt mean too much.
Does anybody have the phone number of little Vinnie's parents??? Or Paul's??? Gene?? :cry: :cry: :oops: :|
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Slayer wrote:Manic Deppressive Disorder
His meds aren't working!
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

Who's? Vinnies? :mrgreen:
metatron

Post by metatron »

First you need to sit on your left hand for a while (to deaden it)
Then you can use it for....well, for what ever you wish to do with it. And then it will feel like someone else is doing this, ah...what 'ever you wish to do' thing for you. Easy VV, Easy.

******Brought to you by the self preservation society of Australia.
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

please, stay serious... :evil: :wink:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

sorry no idea what you are talking about. I do think vv can play well with both hands.
Bye Bye
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

I'm not talking about his playing... :wink:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

He is wondering if Vinnie's personality "issues" are to due to being forced to become right handed.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Angelo_Batio wrote:Batio is ambidextrous, a skill he taught himself. This enables him to play two guitars at the same time either in synchronization or using separate harmonies. This includes playing completely different parts at once, as shown while playing his famous Double-Guitar. Though naturally left-handed, he plays as right-handed when playing one guitar. Batio invented and often demonstrates the "Over-Under" technique,[11] which involves flipping his fretting hand over and under the neck rapidly, playing the guitar both regularly and like a piano

Michael Angelo Batio, one of the coolest, most humble, kind hearted , down to earth people I have had the pleasure of meeting (on several occasions). He was forced to play Right handed as a child & he talks about it in his clinics. No fractured personality, No personality issues, No out of control egomaniac-isms. No stealing from fans. No mental issues. Just laser guided guitar pyrotechnics at warp speed.

I say Vinnie's had mental issues & they got amplified by being in KISS & then re-amplified by being kicked out of KISS.
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

playing different thinks with both hands is someting every piano player does. did you ever seen someone playing church organ? different voices in every hand and every feet... I spent lots of time sitting to my father's feet watching him play. really impressive memories, that will last forever...
i know, michael angelo is REALLY impressive, I saw him once, but don't remember where it was. maybe at the musikmesse frankfurt... was great! if he feels comfortable with what he's doing, it's good for him. but in fact i know a lot of people, who don't feel good with that... :(