that metal show

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion

that metal show

Post by 1031 »

Just watched the latest "That Metal Show " it had LA guns and Ratts drummer at the end they were discussing Kiss and there best album from 80 on. When they talked about creatures they danced around Vinnie and would not say his name, they mentioned every guitarist on the covers of the album but would not say Vinnies name. It was kinda like they were scared to ....
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: that metal show

Post by Genebaby »

Hmm, thanks, will have to check this one out.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Eddie Trunk is scared of Gene and Paul because he wants them to appear on his show so bad... SO no mention of Cusano.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'd rather see Vinnie on it.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Maybe because vv was not a member of kiss for creatures and was involved in 1/3 of the record.
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

That' just silly skirting around saying Vinnie Vinnie. Forgot all his faults, which he has many ( & could be all fixed up over night by having himself a manager, that he would listen to) he was a huge talent. Unique guitarist & amazing song writer. May be a shit of a human being, but that's his problem. Beyond ripping people off, being shifty & dishonest. He is his own worst enemy. He is the one who needs to live with that, day in, day out. That must suck. And it would suck even more for VV, if people on ' that metal show' had said that he ' was' great & he had heard it. Image that cross to bear. People say your great & had talent & you (vv) do nothing with it. Mmmh reminds me of a certain forum.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

An episode with Vinnie Vincent on The Eddie Trunk show would most certainly be his highest ranking or rated show ever...I'm sure if that was to ever happen, Gene & Paul would never do anything with Eddie again....I say no big lose, a show with Vinnie would be a dream come true !!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

What are the chances Gene or Paul would go on? Slim I think. A lot slimmer than Gene anyway!

Vinnie would suit them down to the T.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ed contacted vv just after his guitar release. It was going to happen but didn't
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Again vv will be talking fee.
If he did do it most of us could write what he would say anyway. Vv doesn't like interviews as anyone who was on the dv board will tell you. One questsion he doesn't like however nice it is and you are toast.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

BigEd wrote:An episode with Vinnie Vincent on The Eddie Trunk show would most certainly be his highest ranking or rated show ever...I'm sure if that was to ever happen, Gene & Paul would never do anything with Eddie again....I say no big lose, a show with Vinnie would be a dream come true !!!
This.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS

Post by 1031 »

They did a where are they now section, during the domestic assault case. It was basically as if Vinnie wrote the text. "the charges against him were completely dropped" etc. So I don't think its that they are afraid of Gene. Its kind of like they were hosed by Vinnie or just didn't want a call from a lawyer.

I dont believe Vinnie will ever speak in public again,.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i agree with Ed, it would be great but i also agree with 1031 he will never apear in public or conduct an interview again. But Ed did contact VV.
Bye Bye
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Yes it's true that I had a numerous detailed contact with Vinnie, I truly felt the time had come and Vinnie was ready to take that "Big Step" and conquer the world....Man you could just feel and taste it but things just didn't work out right.... :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ed I meant Eddie sorry.. yes I know you did also. Eddie trunk contacted vv too.
Bye Bye
mfoster

Post by mfoster »

Steve Stevens ripped it up...great player
Stand up and be counted
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I didn't think they skirted saying Vinnie's name. As noted above, they did mention him on their "where are they now" segment just a year ago. I think they were trying to keep it as a discussion focused on which 80s album was the best. When they were talking about the CREATURES covers, I think he was trying to get out of that topic and back to the main topic.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yes . Trunk supposedly was in contact with vinnie of fake middle man/women.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

doublev2 wrote:Yes . Trunk supposedly was in contact with vinnie of fake middle man/women.
huh?
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Sorry should be 'or' not 'of'.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

THAT makes a LOT more sense...
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Sorry to hijack the thread but, they just showed the Adrian Smith ep of TMS in Oz last week. The whole show was with him and it was pretty good too. Except.....Michael Schenker was the guest muso for the show and he was TERRIBLE!!!!!!! Really sloppy and played the same thing in every ad break outro!!!! Truly awful! And he looks too skinny as well! Sick? Or drugs?
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

BigEd wrote:Yes it's true that I had a numerous detailed contact with Vinnie, I truly felt the time had come and Vinnie was ready to take that "Big Step" and conquer the world....Man you could just feel and taste it but things just didn't work out right.... :(
I'm sorry Big Ed. I love VV, but he needs to treat his fans better. If he wants to make it, he needs to learn teamwork. I worked for a small business development center. It was my job to assist small businesses. It's a pleasure. I'm a believer in Austrian economics, and it's all about small privately owned businesses. Anytime he wants free advice about running a small business, I'd be happy to give it. Especially if there is no threat of having a door slammed in my face for saying something he might not want to hear. You need to control costs. You are limited by the customer's willingness to pay a price (equillibrium). Normal concepts. There are plenty of fans with something to offer, willing to assist him out of his financial struggles. Building walls isn't going to help his situation.

Little steps work better than big steps. Healing from pain is the first step he needs to take. There are more people that want to help Vinnie than he thinks.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Kma, you miss the point . vv will tell you how to run a business not you help him. His mental state is that of gaddafi or any totalitarian government. He nay be friendly occasionally on the surface but he would be highly offended by what you say by helping him run a business . Vv dorsnt have a business by the way.
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

Like many others here....They. Me, have tried to offer real help to VV. He doesn't want it. Like I've said b4 & I'll say again, it is his loss at the end of the day. Loss for all of us too cause we don't get to hear any new music, but not by our hand. All VV's doing. VV lives by the moto bite the hand that feeds you.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah dannii... but in his mind he is the hand that feeds everyone.
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev2 wrote:Yeah dannii... but in his mind he is the hand that feeds everyone.
HA!
he wishes
erg2

Post by erg2 »

From what I have read, Vinnie SO believes in his divinely-appointed ability to write and play music that he should be given everything that he can imagine is due to him. And that others should be grateful for the privilege. It's really like the Pharisees...sits on a throne most of the time doing nothing while a gaggle of hangers-on shower him with praise and anyone even suggesting things are not perfect are executed.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You got it Erg2, thats exactly how it is with Vinnie.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

thats perfectly put. he wants to be back paid for his talent alone.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

he believes he saved kiss and needs paying for it.
Bye Bye