How Times Have Changed

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
PyroMessiah

How Times Have Changed

Post by PyroMessiah »

Hey strangers. Thought I'd stop in and share a little something I was thinking about.

This morning while driving to work, I was listening to the radio and "Love Kills" comes on. At one time in my life, I would have been excited to hear anything by Vinnie being played on the radio. But I realized that Vinnie's behavior in recent years has actually made an effect on how I view his music. It didn't seem to have that same fire that it once did, and to be honest, I changed the station after about thirty seconds of it.

In the late 90's when I started the old website, there was a very small community of VV fans. Vinnie was aware of it and didn't do anything crazy to disturb that small group. Over time, that community has grown and grown and continued into the board we're all posting on today. We all heard those whispers and rumors that Vinnie was wierd, but many people dismissed them as being from hateful KISS fans. After his actions in recent years, we know that they aren't just rumors any more.

It's one thing to withdraw from life, quit making music, and leading a normal life. But Vinnie somehow had a thorn up his butt and felt the need to begin attacking and going after his fans. Who in their right mind would actually stoop so low as to attack the very people that can help you have any sort of a career left in the music industry? From my first email from his lawyer to his bizarre actions with the "haters" of this board, it is clear that Vinnie truly does despise the same people that "gave him fame and fortune and everything that goes with it." Does he somehow see us as being responsible for his fall from fame? Surely it couldn't be the face of the guy in the mirror who may have made a few errors along the way of his career.

As most of you know, I jumped ship from most things Vinnie a few years back. But I still enjoyed his music. I mean it's not like I listened to it often, or if at all, but when I did, I was still able to enjoy it. But it's sad how his actions have tarnished how I view his music. I used to be one of his biggest fans, and now could truly give a crap if he ever makes or puts out any sort of new music.

Good job Vinnie. If alienating and pissing off your fans was your intention, you succeeded. Bravo!

(Back to being an occasional lurker....)
Slayer

Re: How Times Have Changed

Post by Slayer »

Pyro,
Great to see evidence of you here again. Few of us frequent this sight anymore just because of Vinnie but more for the global friendships that we have created over nearly 20 years of posting initially because of Vinnie. I really enjoyed your website as well as Roger's before yours and you are prized and welcome here. We hope that you will feel comfortable posting frequently about whatever is on your mind and it never has to be about Vinnie because this board is categorially segmented to where you can chose to participate in new or old music that you like, guitars, comedy or whatever new subject that you choose bring up for the growth and betterment of this board.

Your name is Joe right?

Best wishes, thank you for all your contributions past, present and future because many of us would have never connected if it wasn't for you. That is a good deed that you provided that lasts a lifetime.

BTW - Fuck Vincent Cusano!

Kevin
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Yes, I have experienced the same tarnishing of enjoyment.

The friendships on this forum are incredible. It is something that I never thought would be possible and a big reason why I only visited the older forums. I would go to them hoping some new pictures of Vinnie would be up, some news, ANY NEWS...

The funny thing is, through someone that is rumored to not have his wits, I have been able to keep mine.This place has kept me out of trouble more than once.

I still would like to believe that Vinnie will one day join up and actually share his human side and not come across like he only wants money.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Sad but true posts here. :(

P.S. I'm amazed Love Kills was on the radio. Bet my leftie it's NEVER been played on Oz radio.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Since Vinnie hate us and we just come here to see what the other members are up to, can we rename this board Fans of VV Fans Forum (FOVVFF)?

:arrow: :idea:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie will blame anyone but himself. Fans, ex band members from vvi and kiss, lawyers, record labels, e
Family members, ex partners, fans, guitar makers.. you name it vv blames them. He always has a little group of yes men and women that doesn't last too long before he finds issues with them.
Facinating behavior that in truth people shouldn't waste their time on but its so shocking its almost addictive
Bye Bye
vvjunkie

Post by vvjunkie »

PYRO

Good to hear from you I miss your website. Yeah its true how Vinnie has pissed us off.
If you see me fallen and endless fall
If you hear me calling a never ending call
If you see me bleeding I'm losing control
If you see me dying I'm dying alone.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I agree that knowing what I've learned over the past couple of years about Vinnie forever changes how I ingest the music, but I still believe that there is no other music like the music of VV. It's truly unique sounding, and that's rare. There are LOTS of bands I love with great songs, but are not singularly unique.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

PyroMessiah wrote: This morning while driving to work, I was listening to the radio and "Love Kills" comes on.
Wow - what station was that?
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

Vinnie makes Axl Rose look normal.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I am guessing it was Sirius satellite radio.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The thing with vinnie is he was never very famous but he acts like he was as famous as axel.
Bye Bye
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

doublev2 wrote:The thing with vinnie is he was never very famous but he acts like he was as famous as axel.
True. Axl has sold over 100 million albums. It sort of gives him the right to be a douche. Im not an Axl or GunsnRoses fan by the way.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

To be brutal vinnie was a hired hand in kiss for a year and a half which included one of their worst attended north American tours and put out two solo albums in the peak of the metal/hard rock scene that failed pretty much and didn't go close to gold status.
Bye Bye
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

doublev2 wrote:To be brutal vinnie was a hired hand in kiss for a year and a half which included one of their worst attended north American tours and put out two solo albums in the peak of the metal/hard rock scene that failed pretty much and didn't go close to gold status.
He didnt build on the minor success he got. He could of easily been one of the best guitarists and rock stars of the late 80s and 90s. He was good looking, talented, great musician. He had it all.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah. It seems like he burnt his bridges with the label who didn't really want him to be a success due to his bs.
Bye Bye
PyroMessiah

Post by PyroMessiah »

Howdy all. First off, yes it was satellite radio. They have a "hair metal" station that is one of my weaknesses. Every so often they'll play something off of all ASG.

Second off, thanks for all the kind words. When I walked away, it had NOTHING to do with any of you or any of the other posters to the board. It had one hundred percent to do with Vinnie, his lawyer, and the extremely bad taste left in my mouth of any and all things related to Vinnie. The funny thing, I always had a feeling that there was some truth to the rumors about his personality, but WOW, I never expected them to be anything like what he revealed to the world in recent years. You can only blame others so long. The whole world can't be out to get you. How bad is it when your ex-bandmates write a song about you and your ability to burn bridges.

When I first started the website, I had no idea about making websites. It was a true joy and incredibly fun. While I never met anyone in person, I had the honor of "meeting" (e-mailing, chatting) with some great people over the years. The fans alone were the reason that I kept it going. There were a couple times where I nearly threw in the towel and was convinced by other fans to keep it going. Vinnie HAD some of the greatest fans in the world, and pissed all of them off. Think about it, the man STOLE money from many of to "buy" his boxed set, and still managed to keep many of those fans despite getting nothing in return but empty promises and lies. That says a lot about the fans and how much we enjoyed his music (or maybe just how stupid we were...lol).

For many years, Vinnie remained in some sort of self-imposed hiding from the world. After the box set fiasco, he pretty much went into hiding. It left his fans wondering what he looked like, where he was, what he was doing, etc. All pretty normal things for fans to wonder about. Surely he must have done similar things to musicians he was a fan of too when he was younger. But you know what they say about being careful for what you wish for. Vinnie went and got arrested and exposed his image to the world, and then started "communicating" with his fans and pretty much alienated his last ten fans or so.

Like Portillo said, he just didn't build on the minor sucess that he had. Carefully crafted, he could have still been putting out albums today. Instead of caring about the music, he put the money and his ego first and it backfired miserable. Instead of being a something in the history books of music history, he's nothing but a minor footnote and it's all his own fault.

By the way, getting back to "Love Kills", it still pisses me off that they play the edited version of the song.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Yeah, we all have changed since 1988 but one thing is for sure...we all are still VV fans !!! I do believe there will be a day when you will see and hear for yourself the return of Vinnie Vincent, I too was born in Bridgeport and live in the next town over...I was quite lucky to meet Vinnie and spend some time with him ... I also was a trusted member on his Forum. We exchanged many stories and photos that not too many people could ever know or see...I will soon post some of them for your enjoyment ...You will see where the song "A Million To One" was written and more..... Ed
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Thanks pyro. You can not think of vinnie as a sane logical kind person. He is only happy if he is in control and people are catering to his ego. If you do not do exactly what he expects you are a 'hater'. He is like a weird school playground bully looking for trouble and gullible people.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

So many "what if" situations with Vinnie.

- What if he realized how good he had it in KISS and didn't cause so much trouble? Think of how much better the 80's KISS would've been and how much more successful he would've been.

- What if he hadn't tried to screw over Fleischman like Gene & Paul did to him? The first album would've received proper promotion. We might've gotten videos for BACK ON THE STREETS and maybe another song. It would've gone Gold at least...but maybe platinum.

- What if he hadn't been such an unbearable diva during ASG years? Maybe the label would've been more behind him and the album. Maybe he could've landed another major supporting tour slot. Maybe the album would've sold more. Maybe the guys wouldn't have split from the band.

- What if he hadn't obsessed over the recording of Guitarmageddon? Maybe the album would've been released before the label tanked. Maybe it would've established him as a leading guitar player. Maybe he could've made a twilight career out of making guitar-centric shred albums and doing clinics. Maybe he could be part of those G3 type guitar virtuoso tour packages.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Great posts Pyro and erg2!
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

Pyro, I was wondering what happened to your website when I tried to visit it after the VV forum was taken down by Vincent and saw that it was more or less disabled with the message "PyroMessiah is gone." Did he do anything to you as well?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I don't think vv took pyros board down, his lawyer just contacted him. The same happened to me and I just called him up. The lawyer said that photos of vv''s house had been posted on my board which I told him that was not accurate and he was cool. I also told him that if my board which was being run squeaky clean and positive to vv which both the lawyer and vv confirmed was the case too, but if my board was taken down someone else would open one up.that may not be 100% positive and maybe free like this one. Of course vv eventually didn't listen and closed it and hense he got what I told him may happen.
He tries to scare people by using lawyers to make calls etc.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

doublev2 wrote:He tries to scare people by using lawyers to make calls etc.
Which is a great use of funds by someone trying to declare bankruptcy...
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Vinnie successfully pushed away his pesky fans. He got his wish. To receive you must give. To be trusted, you must trust. To be loved, you must love in return.

Everybody here gave something to him. His ingratitude was shown by snubbing us. He thinks we are essentially bad. He would rather remain silent than give others a chance? Well, that is sad.

I stood up for him. Said, "innocent until proven guilty". I received an e mail demanding $500 for the privilege of talking to him to show for it. Everyone knows his ingratitude for support. Sad. Vinnie doesn't want to give anyone the chance to explain themselves...fine! He needs to give others a chance more than he thinks. Leaving others in the cold is a cold place.

He doesn't want fans bugging him...okay. That's the monkey's paw he wished upon. Not our fault.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
vvjunkie

Post by vvjunkie »

KissMyAss wrote:Vinnie successfully pushed away his pesky fans. He got his wish. To receive you must give. To be trusted, you must trust. To be loved, you must love in return.

Everybody here gave something to him. His ingratitude was shown by snubbing us. He thinks we are essentially bad. He would rather remain silent than give others a chance? Well, that is sad.

I stood up for him. Said, "innocent until proven guilty". I received an e mail demanding $500 for the privilege of talking to him to show for it. Everyone knows his ingratitude for support. Sad. Vinnie doesn't want to give anyone the chance to explain themselves...fine! He needs to give others a chance more than he thinks. Leaving others in the cold is a cold place.

He doesn't want fans bugging him...okay. That's the monkey's paw he wished upon. Not our fault.
Thank you KMA that's exactly what happen and its so sad.
If you see me fallen and endless fall
If you hear me calling a never ending call
If you see me bleeding I'm losing control
If you see me dying I'm dying alone.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Have to agree with this. BUMMER.

NEWBEGINNINGS
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

poserboy71 wrote:Have to agree with this. BUMMER.

Bummer for him, not us. We are not paying the piper. We are compassionate, not blind. He's human, like the rest of us. We are all the same inside. There is always hope.

We are here waiting as friends, once he is willing to accept our good intentions as truth.

He still has a choice. He is the one that disconnected, not us. We have always been there for him. And here we are. We have no reason to regret caring. The regret is his burden.
Last edited by KissMyAss on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

BAM !!!!

[youtube][/youtube]

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Someone with genuine kind thoughts and intentions once said that they thought that they could heal Vinnie with positive energy. Wouldn't it have been a wonderful thing if it could have worked? This kind well intentioned soul went on a quest to get as close to Cusano as possible believing that being in close proximity the positive energy that they were giving off and directing towards him would be stronger and more effective.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions" :wink:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Slayer wrote: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" :wink:
I believe that this is one of the most used phrases in posts at the VVFF.

P.S.---- Dear Angel, WHERE ARE YOU ???? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

NEWBEGINNINGS
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

I am in hell. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Maybe there is some kind of undiagnosable insanity without episodes, voices, hallucinations..or that freaky shit. It's called FOOLISHNESS. Too bad there is no medication to cure it.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Sorry about that...anyway...wtf am I doing here? Vinnie hasn't done anything in 20 years except make headlines for domestic violence. I like the members here...but c'mon....nobody can stand me. :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

From what I hear on the street everyone likes you kma.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Yep- You are cool and welcome. You invoke a spirit that makes people think a lil' extra.

We are all frustrated. We wouldn't tolerate outright hatred towards ANYONE.

NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I hate everybody equally.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Thank you guys. Why are you frustrated? My humor is offensive, not hateful. Unfortunately, hate is serious. It's not truth. It's just a bucket of resentment that smells like cow shit.

Maybe not everyone gets along. I haven't been experiencing that lately of anyone. It takes two to tango, though. Thankfully, the list is short. Otherwise, I'm just being a joker or an ass...sometimes a mixture of both. I have a reason to detest ignorance. If Charles Dickens wouldn't discuss it openly, neither should I. But ignorance...ha...I've been hurt by ignorance. My childhood friend with the same medical condition became an alcoholic. I've experienced the kind of bullying nightmares are made of and stopped crying and started laughing. Told you, I was tough. Life is too short for holding on to the shit that doesn't matter. In no time at all, we are all going to be wearing depends with a few marbles rolling around upstairs. Life gets the last laugh on the eugenicists and ignorant fucks. There's not enough time for ignorance and resentment. Live and let live now is all anyone's got.
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

erg2 wrote: Maybe he could've made a twilight career out of making guitar-centric shred albums and doing clinics. Maybe he could be part of those G3 type guitar virtuoso tour packages.
Even if Vai and Satriani gave Vinnie a chance to join the tour, he would probably ask for a million dollars plus other demands, refuse to sign a contract and then the whole deal falls through.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Like I said, it's a lot of WHAT IFS. If things had gone differently he could be having the same career as those two guys. Not lighting up the charts. Not selling millions of albums. But still playing, still recording, still touring and making a living. A much better living than I'm making doing something he loves.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

...5 albums, released on same day, Porter Wagoner ... REMEMBER ???? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: 8) 8) 8) 8)

Vinnie can still pull this off and OWN those guys. Not too many musicians are capable of the things that Vinnie can do.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Can do or could do?
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Dino,
With your projected internet surfing schedule that you say probably only allows him 4 hours sleep per night (Day) I would say "once could do". I doubt that plays guitar with any frequency anymore as he has obviously lost the passion which is a good part of his lack of motivation to release anything.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah he doesn't sleep much
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I hope he's leaving time for masturbation. That's important in the life of every man.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i thought that was rick who said that. no comment . hehe
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Let's just say that I know he masturbates. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

NEWBEGINNINGS
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

What do you think he's doing on facebook? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: