doublev2

Re: Thoughts on this?

Post by doublev2 »

interesting. either a fake or vv was involved
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

How would Vinnie have known them...and don't you think Vinnie could've achieved a better overall studio sound than that?
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

have not listened. its weird but I suppose possible. As Exec Producer I am sure if he was involved he was just giving these guys a leg up and letting them use his name to get a deal or something.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

based on this http://www.bsnpubs.com/ohio/fraternity.html i would say its fake as it seems the label finished in the 70s. still checking.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

actually it was around in the 80s. http://rubbercityreview.com/2010/01/lon ... y-records/
Shad O’Shea became part of the Fraternity legend by buying the label from Harry Carlson for $25,000 back in 1975. “You don’t buy a legend for $1.98,” he added.

Shad O'Shea
A former top-rated DJ in the Sixties, O’Shea recorded a number of novelty singles on the Fraternity label under such dubious nom de plumes as Gonzales Bonaparte, Hy Bush and the Wild Cranberries, and Shad O’Shea and the McHamburger Helpers – local vanity projects that help keep the label alive until it faded away in the 1980s. He also ran his own independent studio in the Cincinnati area and recorded artists for a number of other labels.
O’Shea felt it was his responsibility to put some life back into pop music. “Rock and roll today is no fun,” he said back in 1982, when various hair bands were taking themselves way too seriously on the fledgling MTV network. “It’s overproduced and too sophisticated – people just don’t get excited and stomp their feet anymore. I’ll take those old records any day. They were fun, invigorating, innocuous and, above all, exciting.”
The success of King and Fraternity records was directly based on that excitement, which is undeniable when you listen to the singles cut in Cincinnati by Lonnie Mack, Bobby Bare, Little Willie John, James Brown and many others.
One thing i can not stand is when journalists call music a 'vanity' project. Vanity is what makes music and art!! Fuck them. Sorry.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

maybe this guy knows
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

He IS a secret agent for the U.S. and graduated from the prestigious School of Hard Knocks...
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

maybe another Vinnie Vincent , just like Jumpin Gene Simmons
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »