VVI in Iceland and Kiss World

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Detroit

VVI in Iceland and Kiss World

Post by Detroit »

Remember this? I zoomed Kiss FAQ and found the following:

"I still have somewhere a newspaper article of Vinnie Vincent Invasion success in Iceland. The [first] album sold something like 20 000 units in country that had at the time something like 200 000 people. Every 10th citicen had the Vinnie Vincent Invasion album :D They even declared one day of the year to be "Vinnie Vincent Day".

Pretty cool? So there is a newspaper article, but could this be really true? Talking about mass hysteria:) WTF was wrong with those good old islanders :)

Second thing. There was also a message that Kiss World merchandise (including VV lithos) are still on sail in Melbourne in one shop. Does anyone here know about this?
Only the truth can set you free
poserboy71

Re: VVI in Iceland and Kiss World

Post by poserboy71 »

Yep, The Aussie chapter of the VVFF will help you with your question soon. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It's not true .
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

There was Kissworld stuff available last year, a few of us got the lithographs thanks to a great VVFF guy.

Paul told us about it here and bought some stuff on our behalf.

I'm not sure if the shop is still going.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I mean the 1 in 4 in icrlsnd and the vinnie Vincent day etc.
Bye Bye
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

Genebaby wrote:There was Kissworld stuff available last year, a few of us got the lithographs thanks to a great VVFF guy.

Paul told us about it here and bought some stuff on our behalf.

I'm not sure if the shop is still going.
I know. We are talking about the good doctor:) Very nice person. I also bought my Vv litho from him. So that guy (FAQ guy) says: "Some of the stuff is still for sale at a retail shop just out of Melbourne". I assume he knows what he's talking about if he just bought somethig Kiss/Vinnie related from that shop. I asked more info but thus far no answer. Let's wait.
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

doublev2 wrote:I mean the 1 in 4 in icrlsnd and the vinnie Vincent day etc.
Like I said, the paper is there alright. Please let me try to find out what the F it was all about:) I my self do not belief this and if VV board do not know about this, then most likely it's BS. Let me try to find out.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Detroit, you rock (city)! Would be good to know if some of it is still around. The price was not enticing enough on the other pictures at the time. I was like, it's only Vinnie Vincent, he doesn't have that many fans to justify the price.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Like to see it but I think the paper is faked. One of those things you.can change to anyone's names for a birthday present .
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It would be cool to see incase I am wrong. I had an Icelandic girlfriend in the 90s, (ouch still feel the physical pain of that one) and I went to iceland and I didn't meet anyone who knew about vvi. But that said it was about 7 years after the first vvi album came out.
Bye Bye