Andrea Nix interview

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
doublev2

Andrea Nix interview

Post by doublev2 »

This is the infamous Andrea Nix interview that has long gone from the internet. I found it on a polish site and had it google translated back into English. At the time I didn't believe Andrea but it seems to be true (unless she is vinnie herself). If anyone can track Andrea down please invite her here.
REMEMBER THIS IS TRANSLATED FROM POLISH SO ITS A LITTLE OFF>
Vinnie Vincent, probably the most elusive member of KISS, was suspiciously quiet for the last six years. Since I issued the "EP" in 1996, promised two full-length releases, box set, a disc of ballads, the album of KISS songs (composed by him and recorded according to his original vision), re-recorded second album, Vinnie Vincent Invasion - "All Systems Go" ( with vocalist Robert Fleishman) and canceled tour of KISS expo in Europe. In 2002, the record company has released GTR 'Speedball Jamm "session recorded an album with Vinnie'ego trial and that was it.

In late 2002, I managed to get e-mail to Vinnie'ego and began to correspond with him. After several messages, he said that he remembered me from the KISS Expo in Buffalo in 1994 and interviewed for KISS Underground fanzine. Vinnie agreed to a proposal to do an interview for the site and asked to send questions. I sent them, and then I waited a long time to reply. Finally, in early 2003, Vinnie wrote that he had finished responding, but I would like to know if I will not have anything against it, if you will authorize the material. At the end of January, replied that there was no problem and since then we lost contact.

I discussed this matter with several other people who also corresponded with him and we all agreed that for some time now Vinnie does not respond to e-mails. Vinnie made it clear, there is / was ready to return in light of the light rock and roll. But his recent disappearance caused the clouds of doubt began to cover the upcoming comeback. Fortunately, our correspondent online - Andrea Nix, still talking with him online. Vinnie showed her some of her thoughts and feelings about music career and plans for the near future. And even though our interview is in limbo, below you will find some news from the "Pyro Messiah."

The KISS Underground: It's been over six years since fans could hear Vinnie'ego Vincent, how are you doing?

Vinnie Vincent: At the moment I'm working on new material. Then I released 'Speedball Jamm', and this is not the end. I would really like in the near future to move the road and touring again.
The KISS Underground: Some people think they have gone into retirement. What do you think?

Vinnie Vincent: So far, no retirement plan, but I remember that I have 50 years! Now I would like to write a book. Currently working on a similar material to debut and the Invasion "EP" in 1996.
The KISS Underground: This material is published under the name "Vinnie Vincent" or "Vinnie Vincent Invasion"?

Vinnie Vincent: we'll issue a new album under the name of Vinnie Vincent Invasion. Also planning to launch a collection of ballads. I hope you will choose the perfect composition of the team, I really am working very hard to find it. I want people to whom I could trust.
The KISS Underground: With the exception of KISS has always been the only guitarist in the band, in which you played. Would you like to work with a second guitarist?

Vinnie Vincent: I told you, I think the addition of rhythm guitarist. I held the hearing.
The KISS Underground: The music scene has changed little since his last published a puck, in my opinion not for the better. What do you think about the current climate prevailing in the music?

Vinnie Vincent: I agree with you about today's music. Lack of style and emotion. I mean grunge. Well, that was the nail in the coffin of many glam / hair metal bands of the 80s, grunge does not interest me. I miss terribly osiemdziesiątymi years, it was truly a great decade for music.
The KISS Underground: Although long występowałeś not on stage, KISS fans still remember about you and often talk about you KISSONLINE discussion forum. Some people even write that you prefer in the team instead of Tommy Thayer even Bruce Kulick. Have you read this before?

Vinnie Vincent: I read on a forum selection KISSONLINE guitarist in Melbourne. It promises to be a great concert and I'm sure there will be lots of fun, a real departure, for sure will give rocking! I do not know if Gene and Paul are reading this forum, I guess. I'm very flattered that the fans will of me than Tommy and Bruce Kulick Tayera. I'm very touched.
The KISS Underground: Any successor to the Ace was compared. How do you feel when someone tells you that you're better than Ace Frehley'a?

Vinnie Vincent: I do not think I was a better guitarist than Ace. Frankly I think we are quite different. Both we contributed something to the sound of his KISS. I think a great guitarist Ace, and the four original members of this magic is not to play.
The KISS Underground: Can you share with us your memories of the best years of a career in KISS and Vinnie Vincent Invasion?

Vinnie Vincent: I remember shooting the video for "Lick It Up" was fun, although I have heard from many fans that looked horribly. But it once was, now I really like to go back to those times. As for Vinnie Vincent Invasion, I remember a program Headbangers Ball, we played well, it was a departure! I miss at that gig, I would like to still continue, they were great times. I remember a video recording to "Boyz Are Gonna Rock", it was and always will be one of my favorite songs, especially played live. We shot him in Compton, California. It was the second week in a band Mark Slaughter, and since we moved next to the road. I really liked Annie Kadrovich did our hair and makeup Sally. Not ended before the second night, they were great times.
The KISS Underground: When fans see Vinnie'ego Vincent again?

Vinnie Vincent: Soon I'll be back doing what I love. Only this is a very slow process, it took me six years. I want to do the dragon entrance, to pursue a career, have a team with which I could record some 10 albums, a longtime plan. It would be great to go on tour with the band such as Britny Fox, I like their songs, have a great sound and great looks. I think I'm associated with the name of the Invasion and fans of the band will tell your friends about us and thus we get the new. I can not wait until we will issue a new album.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Re: Andrea Nix interview

Post by doublev2 »

the rhythm guitarist thing just doesn't make sense but I don't know. It came from the AOL instant messenger . Also back then he was faking accounts too so I am told. He got caught out. But I really thought it was just a a faker anyway.
Bye Bye
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

I really like this if it really is a real interview with Vinnie. He has talked a lot about recording an album of Ballads, I would love it. And if he wrote a book, that would be great too, especially at this time.

Vinnie, if you released a book right now, at this time it would be a very successful time since Ace has released his book, Peter will someday release his. The climate is right for KISS autobiographies to happen. :D
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I've always thought it was fake... can't see Vinnie wanting a rhythm guitarist, calling Bruce and Tommy by name (he's always referred to anyone who took his place as the replacement guitarists) or wanting to tour with Britny Fox (who didn't even exist at that point).

But who knows, we are talking about Vinnie here...
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It seems fake but recent things have come to light that make me believe she was speaking to vinnie. However dome.parts of the interview may not be correct.
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

Sounds like Vinnie, I am going do this just wait it takes time... ten years later... hey just wait I am going to do this. I just hope he is more diligent about taking the trash out..
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

naming the photographer and a few other things are so specific i am thinking it is real.
Bye Bye
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

When did this interview took place (supposing it's real)?
Only the truth can set you free
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Around 2003 when vv was speaking to a few of us by aol ..(see that post for details),. The guy who put out speedball jamm and got vv the kiss expo gigs confirmed the email was vinnie.
I didn't believe her at the time but I do now. Andrea also said vinnie had fake aliases on aol that she caught him out a few times... Just like he does today with spyder, Suzie, rain, riverlioness, Andy broom etc.
A few members here can back this all up.
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

It is from January-February 2003. He refers to Tommy Thayer having the gig in Melbourne and that it will be a rocking concert...so it is pre February 28th 2003, the Kiss Symphony concert was 28/2/03, I remember well as I was there as it was my 28th Birthday present...
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building