vinnie in kiss

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
doublev2

vinnie in kiss

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnies first show in kiss Dec 29 1982 in bismark and last show march 17 1984 in Indiana . Vinnie was a member of kiss for just over a year. He did a lot in that time.
Bye Bye
eddiepagechicago

Re: vinnie in kiss

Post by eddiepagechicago »

AMEN!!!
Rise All Creatures...Hail To The Beast...
Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

eddiepagechicago wrote:AMEN!!!

I concur!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

He started to command my musical taste.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
eddiepagechicago

It is the main underlying reason why pussboy paul and slutgreed gene wanted him out.

Vinnie crushed their egos way too much. gene and paul were seasoned veterans in the rock industry, but here this guy comes in out of no where and writes and plays with major persona...just as good as them. Don't get me wrong, Eric Carr was just as good too, but he was always a caged up / beaten up fox by the dynamic duo (yes, paul is boy wonder).

See, gene thinks he's brilliant, and paul thinks everyone loves him...All the fabricated brilliance and love and all the money in the world will never allow those two joker boys to write a stellar album ever again.

Growing up as a kid, I loved KISS...my first concert was seeing KISS as a child in 1978 at the Chicago Stadium.
I absolutely loathe them now...can you guys tell??? HA

I guarantee you, the new album will completely suck ass!!! But I'm sure you guys will give them your hard earned money...for a pile of crap. Man, they have been dishing out piles of crap since...hmmm, after Anamalize.

Ah, now let's turn up some COTN / LIU / VVI - T I M E L E S S...
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

eddiepagechicago wrote:It is the main underlying reason why pussboy paul and slutgreed gene wanted him out.

Vinnie crushed their egos way too much. gene and paul were seasoned veterans in the rock industry, but here this guy comes in out of no where and writes and plays with major persona...just as good as them. Don't get me wrong, Eric Carr was just as good too, but he was always a caged up / beaten up fox by the dynamic duo (yes, paul is boy wonder).

See, gene thinks he's brilliant, and paul thinks everyone loves him...All the fabricated brilliance and love and all the money in the world will never allow those two joker boys to write a stellar album ever again.

Growing up as a kid, I loved KISS...my first concert was seeing KISS as a child in 1978 at the Chicago Stadium.
I absolutely loathe them now...can you guys tell??? HA

I guarantee you, the new album will completely suck ass!!! But I'm sure you guys will give them your hard earned money...for a pile of crap. Man, they have been dishing out piles of crap since...hmmm, after Anamalize.

Ah, now let's turn up some COTN / LIU / VVI - T I M E L E S S...
Sure wish I could give Vinnie some hard earned money but instead all we get are promises of remixes and alternate cuts from 20 years ago. I'd love a new Vinnie album; I just have little hope we'll ever get one.

As for KISS, regardless of what they did/didn't do to Vinnie, I will remain a fan. If I was to stop being a fan of a rock star due to their ego/ethics, I'd have very few folks that I could support in this industry.

That's the sad thing. Many of us are baffled at Vinnie's history of (alleged) shenanigans yet I think about 98% of us would purchase new product if he would put it out.

But I guess we're still labeled as "Haters" since we're curios about things. So be it.
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

One needs to be able to separate the artist from the person. When I listen to music, I don't think "what they do" or "what that person playing guitars did", I just think "Wow that sounds neat."

The main difference with KISS, you can at least like the music (or not) even if you dislike them as persons. Vinnie? Can't because he has yet to produce anything since the 90s.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, I've had times I've been really pissed off or disappointed with something Gene and Paul have done but in the end playing their albums still rocks.

I wish there was more of Vinnie's to play but considering how he operates I think we are lucky to have what we do.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

WizKid wrote:
Sure wish I could give Vinnie some hard earned money but instead all we get are promises of remixes and alternate cuts from 20 years ago. I'd love a new Vinnie album; I just have little hope we'll ever get one.

As for KISS, regardless of what they did/didn't do to Vinnie, I will remain a fan. If I was to stop being a fan of a rock star due to their ego/ethics, I'd have very few folks that I could support in this industry.

That's the sad thing. Many of us are baffled at Vinnie's history of (alleged) shenanigans yet I think about 98% of us would purchase new product if he would put it out.

But I guess we're still labeled as "Haters" since we're curios about things. So be it.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Paul and gene created kiss, they earned the rite to do what they want. Do you think bill gates hires talented programmers and then fires them? It's not about vinnie saving kiss and them being jerks. If warrior had been a big band fronted by vinnie and he hired some talent you can sure as hell know they would be caged up.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The guy who built my house doesn't own it.
Bye Bye
eddiepagechicago

doublev2 wrote:The guy who built my house doesn't own it.

He would if you didn't pay him for his work...Which is what genie and paulie exactly did...
'Hey Vinnie, write some killer stuff for us, and then we'll dick ya right after'

You boyz just don't wanna face up to it, do ya?

My whole argument from the beginning of with all of you is just that...

Little tid bit hypothetical stories about 'your house' or 'Bill Gates' is pompous at minimum and meaningless at best.

What matters here is this...Vinnie never got what was coming to him because gene and paul think they are untouchable. Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised that some of their behavior / attitude towards Vinnie was spurred on by how genie and paulie were treated by ace and peter prior to Vinnie joining.

Now go on and buy the new Kiss album and crank it out in the 'house you built and paid for'.

NO ONE, NO ONE EARNS THE RIGHT TO RIP SOMEONE OFF...I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHO YOU ARE.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

For the record, I haven't bought a Kiss album since Alive 3!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

eddiepagechicago wrote:
doublev2 wrote:The guy who built my house doesn't own it.

He would if you didn't pay him for his work...
No it wouldn't. Law doesn't work that way.

Your whole argument is invalid by one single fact: Vinnie got paid for the songs he wrote. The fact he got greedy (and batshit insane), started demanding outright stupid stuff that HE WOULD NEVER GET later on is another story altogether.

The story that has Vinnie were he is right now: on the shitter.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Last kiss record I bought ... Hot in the shade.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

eddiepagechicago wrote: Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised that some of their behavior / attitude towards Vinnie was spurred on by how genie and paulie were treated by ace and peter prior to Vinnie joining.

NO ONE, NO ONE EARNS THE RIGHT TO RIP SOMEONE OFF...I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHO YOU ARE.
The same could also be said about Vinnie's treatment of other people after G&P fucked him.

Also Eddie, You have valid points but please stop with the snide personal jabs. You come off as very "Spyder-ish".
Peace bro.

One more thing--- On your Youtube page, you have killer tracks of great playing yet you don't show your face. Why is that ??? :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
eddiepagechicago

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!

Hope you're enjoying time off listening to COTN / LIU / VVI
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Eddie after vinnie booting you twice from the dv you still sound like you are trying to get back into the dv. You have that 'dv' tone again. Good luck. Funny he humiliates you and you want to go back for more.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Actually you were booted 3 times from the dv . Good job of turning a blind eye.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

You and levay could get work as vvs security guards for sure.
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

No Dino I think Levay would be better suited as Vinnies "Fluffer" :shock:
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Nasty!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

But why Shram? :D maybe you're right, Levay is probably over qualified for that role...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

oh man. not getting involved in this.

Eddie. I understand what you say. I don't want to make fun, I just find it interesting that you get booted 3 times and you still stand up for him. Sorry if I was a little out of line with the security guard thing.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Eddie, All the best to you as well even though you did deserve what Dino just put on your plate.
PEACE !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Guys please note that I only referred to LEVAY & not Eddie...Eddie is a contributing member of VVff and Levay is just a....cockAroach....

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Brooklyn_Born wrote:Guys please note that I only referred to LEVAY & not Eddie...Eddie is a contributing member of VVff and Levay is just a....cockAroach....
I'm cool with Eddie because he contributes here. I'm cool with Levay as well just because I understand where he is at.

NEWBEGINNINGS
eddiepagechicago

I LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS AND GALS...

If it weren't for all of you, I wouldn't have a place to call home and talk about Vinnie.

Vinnie made Kiss very cool when he stepped in...I admire that.

If I couldn't take it from any of you, then I shouldn't be dishing it out.

Hope all of you have a wonderful holiday weekend!!!!

P.S. gene and paul still suck donkey ballz.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

eddie. cool. thanks for being here.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks Eddie. I just wish Vinnie would get off his ass and have something to sell at a regular price like G&P do.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i wish vinnie would make friends with us. Put out the painfully long awaited GFH and put out examples of work he has done since GFH. The Box set archives have no meaning to me. They are bonus tracks. The real thing is GFH and the stuff since.
Why can he not be amicable at least. None of us were assholes to him until after we got the boot and most of us went back for more with a good attitude.
I also wish Vinnie stopped the stupid little 'gold members' club. He has a lot of people wanting to join his forum that he doesn't realise that if he doesn't let them in they all think he's a jerk.
If only he could just not get angry and offended so easily and stopped trying to over price himself all would be so much better for him.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

the problem is he will never learn from his mistakes because he doesn't think he's made any. If he was man enough to just be re-born and do things in a sweat honest fashion and just BE EASY! Everyone would be winners. He digs a bigger hole each year and I don't know why.
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Nice words Dino..

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i try. lol. thanks brooklyn.
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

You're a better man than Vinnie to still be a fan after what he did to you...I'd be proud to call you a friend...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I was a huge fan. Now I am hear to see what the hell is going on. I can not believe all the stories I heard even in the 80s are true. I don't think I can ever respect this guy anymore. Even his music has been tainted quite a lot for me.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I HATEHATEHATEHATEso much that I let Vinnie rob me of the enjoyment of his art.

FUCK HIM

NEWBEGINNINGS
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

eddiepagechicago wrote: Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised that some of their behavior / attitude towards Vinnie was spurred on by how genie and paulie were treated by ace and peter prior to Vinnie joining.

Erm... Vinnie ripped plenty of people off after AND before either Gene and/or Paul got involved with him. Just saying.
Follow me on Twitter
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thankfully I still love the music as much as always.
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

Genebaby wrote:Thankfully I still love the music as much as always.
Me too. :) His music does bring a smile to my face that is very hard to shake off.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

"genie and paulie?"
hmmmm, guess i was wrong... eddiepage isn't vinnie... he's peter criss!
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

PinkWiz wrote:"genie and paulie?"
hmmmm, guess i was wrong... eddiepage isn't vinnie... he's peter criss!
Listening to Eric Carr, of all things!
Follow me on Twitter
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

YES, Gene & Paul most likely knowingly gave Vinnie a rotten deal. Did they take advantage of their power and position? YES. Was it ethical? NO. Was it illegal? NO. Several courts/judges have already ruled on this.

HOWEVER, unless Vinnie was a minor OR mentally incompetent at the time, HE signed and agreed to that deal. It sucks, but he was a man of almost 30 at the time. He was a MAN. And I say a MAN lives up to his agreement, even if it were a shitty one.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Amen erg2. Now I'm sure someone will insert the "Vinnie isn't a man, he's been trying for years to be a lady" joke here. :shock: :shock: :shock:

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

its simple. Kiss look for a cheap member as they are going through rough times and have 4 owners (inc Peter and Ace). They can not pay a lot of money. most likely why Eddie Van Halen didn't join.
Kiss made Vinnie (you could argue they ruined him too). Vinnie had a great back bone to make his own solo career (if not have joined Kiss no way would vv have a solo career or not if or when Warrior made it). He went on to get such a bad reputation that he lost his solo career and everything. Then even though Kiss gave him a bad deal or didnt pay him before (if what vv says is true ) he decided to work with them again. Once bitten..twice shy. Then he spends the rest of his days suing kiss and doing nothing because no one will give him a penny to make anymore work. If Kiss screwed him as in the early 80s why go back? and why not get a kick ass lawyer check your contract over? ... Its simple, you work for kiss for scraps or you don't.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

doublev2 wrote:Its simple, you work for kiss for scraps or you don't.
Exactly, but I would also add that the "scraps" included:
- WAY more money than I ever made in a year and THAT was back in 1981...not what he SHOULD'VE made, but more than you or I make even today
- getting paid those "scraps" to do what you love
- doing what you love in front of a couple of thousand people a night
- royalties for the rest of your life...shitty royalties, but still money nonetheless
- getting your name known in the business, nationally and internationally so that you can do something after
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah. Vinnie didn't do badly.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Free travel all over the world and fans screening your name too.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

All from a guy sleeping on sofas , working in a guitar store and writing for happy days and sessioning on unreleased disco songs at the time. He should have been in shock of what happened regardless of pay.
Bye Bye