Vinnie gets boned AGAIN

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
poserboy71

Vinnie gets boned AGAIN

Post by poserboy71 »

More C.O.T.N. merchandise with NO Vinnie.

THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Re: Vinnie gets boned AGAIN

Post by doublev2 »

Because vv won't let them use his image.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Partially correct. They wouldn't use it if they could.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

True. It's mutual.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

If you were running a business and someone kept suing you, wouldn't you go out of your way to NOT have any products that generated revenue for that douche?
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Actually, I would buy his makeup from Les Kero and put out a bunch of stuff that he couldn't get any money from.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This is not super cool from Kiss in my opinion but I can see what they are doing. They are using Tommy and Eric Singer, the current band.

I would rather have a Creatures shirt with Vinnie or Ace on it, as well as Eric Carr.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

What a disgrace to Eric Carr & Vinnie ... shame on you Kiss !
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Jeff, vv owns both make up. I am sure the fee would be way more than kiss could make to use the images.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

People tend to forget vv was a session musician on creatures, like robben Ford.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev2 wrote:People tend to forget vv was a session musician on creatures, like robben Ford.
Yep! That is true!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I'm just as guilty in thinking that Vinnie's face should've been on Creatures instead of Ace's, but as pointed out above, Vinnie was a session guy who helped write 3 songs and played on a couple. So they just as well have put Robben Ford's, Bob Kulick's or Steve Ferris' face on the cover (even though Vinnie's role was a bit more than those guys, still he was just a session guy). Vinnie only became official when the tour started, so KISS did the right thing by creating a new Creatures pic for the tourbook, t-shirts, etc. featuring "The Wiz."
jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

Yes, he was only a session player however, he did do the tour and was on shirts back then ! Im sure there will come a day when Gene & Paul w/ give in as Im sure they will want the rights and try to buy them. Its Vinnie who wont make sense of it and loose as he always does by not accepting the proposition ! He couldn't adjust to $2000 a week w/ Kiss so, cant see him accepting what could possibly be a great deal for the rights. Eric Carr's family must really hate Vinnie for owning the rights to Erics make-up and Im not totally sure this is true as I heard it was some other guy but, if he does own the rights, he is a scum bag !!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

That's how you do it JJ !!! :D :D :D :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

Thx Pb
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Hugs all round!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

It's kindda sad when the only thing stopping KISS from releasing both The Wiz and The Fox merch is Vinnie himself.

Then again, maybe eventually Les Kero will grow annoyed of his antics, give up, and just sell them/make a contract again with KISS so they can finally use both images.

We can only hope...
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie seems like he would rather dangle the music in our faces than actually put it out. If he puts it out its a loss of power to him. The only hope is someone other than vinnie owns vinnies stuff. Why a musician would choose not to have their music heard is beyond me.
The tracks that we have not heard are out there . A guy in England has the whole guitarmageddon recordings because he was at the studio at the time and a couple others too. They are keeping them out of respect but one day they will get out with or without vinnie.
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I hope so we are sick & tired of waiting...
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

Dangle the music ? I think the question is ... is there any new music ? If its just old recordings that he didn't put out in the first place for what ever reason , it's not really " new " music. No-one wants to work w/ him so, I think its fare to say it's NOT going to be "new" music !!!!
erg2

Post by erg2 »

When it's just an idea, it still has the possibility of being HUGE. As soon as you actually do it, you can fail.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

jesternjeff wrote:Dangle the music ? I think the question is ... is there any new music ? If its just old recordings that he didn't put out in the first place for what ever reason , it's not really " new " music. No-one wants to work w/ him so, I think its fare to say it's NOT going to be "new" music !!!!
I think by "new music" that means releasing giving his old tunes (like Guitarmageddon) a studio-quality release. Mind you, we know he surely has the masters (since that's from where the Euphoria LP came from: remixed Guitarmageddon sessions), so this could eventually happen one day or the other.

If you ask me, though, Les Kero is the guy who's going to do it. Vinnie? Not gonna' happen.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Don't get me wrong, but Les Kero, don't seem to me like a real R n' R guy. I don't think he'd gives two shit about the guitars or music. I think he only put that stuff under his name as a favour to his daughter firstly, then Vinnie (when....he was his son-in-law).
As far as new music, I tend to agree with jesternjeff.
There is no new music. Just old stuff we may have not hear yet or that is of better sonic quality. Do you really think Vinnie would have maintained his amps & outboard gear all these years :?: Would Vinnie have any recording equipment at home :?: ( :idea: Remembering the guy is a recluse). I think not.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Well, I do believe he has recording equipment s birdie told me but i doubt he uses it .
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

All analog & outdated

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
metatron

Post by metatron »

Hey man, analog rules. What does digital what to be when it grows up? Analog. What do your eyes & ears work on? Analog. Nothing bets, say a Neve or SSL desk & two inch tape on a Studer A827 24 track, or an an Otari MTR-90 II. Digital fucked up a lot of recording. If I had money I'd have all high end analog equipment & high end digital like Pro-tools to then edit the analog tracks on. I listen to how every Dick & Harry suddenly becoming an overnight producer or audio engineer & they were producing crap. Shitty arrangements, shitty over the top hot(really loud recording with no dynamic range) tracks. The one thing people should have been educated about digital was you had a lot of dynamic range, so why record everything single thing really hot. Just people being wanker & wanting the loudest record. Too much wacker Testosterone & no class. And the other thing Good digital co$ts money. You need good DAC's (digital to analog coverts). That stuff found in your average PC is crap. Sorry for the rant...
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Actually good point... Paul Stanley purposely pursued an analog sound/result for Sonic Boom...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Plus, I'll spin a record over a cd any day!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

metatron wrote:Hey man, analog rules. What does digital what to be when it grows up? Analog. What do your eyes & ears work on? Analog. Nothing bets, say a Neve or SSL desk & two inch tape on a Studer A827 24 track, or an an Otari MTR-90 II. Digital fucked up a lot of recording. If I had money I'd have all high end analog equipment & high end digital like Pro-tools to then edit the analog tracks on. I listen to how every Dick & Harry suddenly becoming an overnight producer or audio engineer & they were producing crap. Shitty arrangements, shitty over the top hot(really loud recording with no dynamic range) tracks. The one thing people should have been educated about digital was you had a lot of dynamic range, so why record everything single thing really hot. Just people being wanker & wanting the loudest record. Too much wacker Testosterone & no class. And the other thing Good digital co$ts money. You need good DAC's (digital to analog coverts). That stuff found in your average PC is crap. Sorry for the rant...

Are you Quentin???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That sounds like it came straight out of his mouth! My old bass player did the SAE sound course like you did Dannii and he feels the same too!

Me.......CD over LP anyday! I hate that scratchie sound! Unless it's a Mad magazine pull out floppy 45 rpm record!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
metatron

Post by metatron »

SAE is a cult. They indoctrinate it into you. :lol:
Top end turntables & amps....no scratchie sound...
You also need something like this;
[youtube][/youtube]
For everyday consumers, CD is brillant. & CD does have awesome dynamic range if it is recorded in the correct manner utilising it's properties...Listen to classic music, you can hear & feel the dynamics change. Rock music isn't the right media for it, especially the kinda a beef-head Chugga Chugga metal that is common these days.

Quentin, where the fuck r u hidding bro.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yeah I'm just an everyday slob! I admit it! :D
metatron

Post by metatron »

shramiac wrote:Yeah I'm just an everyday slob! I admit it! :D
Don't worry, most people are too. People don't even buy CDs anymore...download. itunes. amazon. The irony is that dynamic range means shit once you get it as an MP3. I'm pretty much an MP3 guy now too. I mean if I really like something I'll purchase the CD (like the new Crimson Glory disc), but otherwise I don't have the time & money to invest into Vinyl. It's all the banker's fault. Fuckers :!:
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Brooklyn_Born wrote:All analog & outdated
I really wouldn't care what method VV used to record so long as he recorded something, it has an acceptably listenable level of quality and was released via amazon/iTunes at a standard price.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Good point Erg2

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

A webcam uploaded to YouTube would be enough. Why not . What's he hiding?
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

He isn't happy with how he looks now...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i love analog. But I am not an expert on modern recording.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Brooklyn_Born wrote:He isn't happy with how he looks now...
Something tells me you're correct. I love to see the confidence of someone growing old and accepting it.
Vinnie's music has all of the confidence in the world and gave me strength when I was low. It's so sad that his own life doesn't mirror the POWER of his music.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Well said Rick, it's a real shame that all the confidence has left Vinnie.. It would have been great seeing him collaborate with other artists & see what music he could Have created...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

We have all seen him now anyway. Unless he says the mugshot is lies.
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

metatron wrote:Hey man, analog rules. What does digital what to be when it grows up? Analog. What do your eyes & ears work on? Analog. Nothing bets, say a Neve or SSL desk & two inch tape on a Studer A827 24 track, or an an Otari MTR-90 II. Digital fucked up a lot of recording. If I had money I'd have all high end analog equipment & high end digital like Pro-tools to then edit the analog tracks on. I listen to how every Dick & Harry suddenly becoming an overnight producer or audio engineer & they were producing crap. Shitty arrangements, shitty over the top hot(really loud recording with no dynamic range) tracks. The one thing people should have been educated about digital was you had a lot of dynamic range, so why record everything single thing really hot. Just people being wanker & wanting the loudest record. Too much wacker Testosterone & no class. And the other thing Good digital co$ts money. You need good DAC's (digital to analog coverts). That stuff found in your average PC is crap. Sorry for the rant...
I love analog too the audio quality rules, I learned on four inch tape and a 32 channel board but I dont miss the space it took up or calling in four people so you have enough fingers to hit a hard stop on all channels,.
Digital has really made leaps and bounds and its not nearly as expensive as one would think, With mid priced DAWS like Appleton and the average 800.00 laptop having enough gitty up to record very well and converters getting cheaper and better every day its really reasonable to do for demo recording or a person doing most everything . And the really high end digital studio stuff vs high end analog studio is still cheaper due to the maintenance ...

The down side it has killed the small mom and pop recording studios the upside it gives the musician access to very nice quality recording at home with out spending $45 - 100 an hour
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Well the odd thing is that Vinnie doesn't even look bad for a guy of almost 60... he could very well be ten years younger than he is (Gene and Peter actually LOOK 60 something... and Ace looks close to 80 but that ain't stoppn' him). Vinnie just needs to get off his ass and quit thinkin' the world owes him something and at least release a new fukn video of himself playin Smoke On The Water for all I care. Release some kinda webcam vid of himself telling his few remaining fans hello or "sorry" for being such a douchebag this last year and a half while wowing us with some chicken-pickin'... IF he still can. There's a challenge for ya Vinnie... prove us wrong. :P
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Ace let's his gray hair show and also doesn't care that his hair is thinning . I respect that he accepts what he has.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Ace has been to hell & back, it's so great to see him doing well...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!