A theory to ponder

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion

A theory to ponder

Post by 1031 »

My theory involves a need, a promise , slight of hand and like any good magic trick the prestige.

The need.. to show actual production work and commercial availability of a certain style designed guitar that the rights to will expire if this need is not filled by the end of 2011.

The promise .. to license four custom made double V guitars to a very good luthier with the promise of great returns a partnership and more custom work. If completed with the exact details and meets the time table to show a actual production model of each with commercial availability at a place that is excepted by the world as a show case for new commercial available guitars..... now this will all be under contract and any deviation would void all agreements and the licensed material completed or not returned to the licensee.

The slight of hand...Is simple, advertise a price and conditions so ridicules no one is willing to pay or if some silly person did happen to send say a large deposit it can just disappear. Do this on a web site that does not return emails or questions and has a phone number that is disconnected ... Oh while you where looking at the double V guitars another model was patented and provided commercial available proof.

The Prestige ...you ask what's so amazing .... none of these guitars are for sale and were never meant to be they just had to fill a need.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: A theory to ponder

Post by Genebaby »

I see where you are going with a price so high nobody will buy, which is what you were actually wanting.......hmmmm....
Commander in chief - VVF Army

Post by 1031 »

I dont think this was ever about selling guitars, I also think this same deal was fished to other builders for a while and no one bit because the deal had way to many demands via Vinne and was fishy from the get go. To bad Tom ended up being on the short end. I can hear Ed telling Tom told ya so.

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah, for sure its about prestige and attention but I am sure he wants to sell. He has a history of high pricing. I think the high price thing always back fires . If you have an undervalued item that sells well will get more prestige as people will be talking and ordering. That's how the rr v became such an icon of the 80s.
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

doublev2 wrote:Yeah, for sure its about prestige and attention but I am sure he wants to sell. He has a history of high pricing. I think the high price thing always back fires . If you have an undervalued item that sells well will get more prestige as people will be talking and ordering. That's how the rr v became such an icon of the 80s.
The prestige I was referring to is as in a magic trick...Because making something disappear isn't enough; you have to bring it back. That's why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part called "The Prestige". Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I understand the comparison to the order of a magic trick but what is your point pertaining to us or is this pointed at DoubleV members???
I don't think any of us want to be fooled. That's why we're considered the HATE FORUM. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by poserboy71 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Post by erg2 »

1031:
If true, it would mean that Mr. Cusano is an evil, Machiavellian genius.
This is very similar in theory to a post I made a few weeks ago positing what it would feel like to learn that all of this accusations, drama and turmoil created by Mr. Cusano were just some big "con" meant to see how far he could get us all worked up.

Bravo to Mr. Cusano if either of these turn out to be true.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I see where you're going with this now. COOL !!!

The thing is , we have called Vinnie out on this since day one and that is why he is acting like an ass. We are always one step ahead of his shit and therefore cannot step in it and be fooled.

NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Exactly! What if Vinnie were building production prototypes, displaying guitars at NAMM and building a website with prices & terms so ridiculous that nobody would ever buy all as part of elaborate ruse just to maintain the rights to the guitar design?

It would be awesome if that were true, but also crazy. Tthere had to be SOME investment by Vinnie (booth at NAMM, transportation/lodging/meals for Diane at NAMM, buying the URL rights, sweat equity in building that less-than-professional website, setting up PayPal account, etc) and whomever his partners were.

That's a lot of effort to go through just to NOT let someone else have something!

"I'm not really going to do anything with this, but at least nobody else will be able to either!!!"
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

If that's the case, Vinnie has a lot to learn because another person has been building that guitar for a long time and have built more than he has . The judge would laugh in Vinnie's face and ask why he didn't pursue this person years ago. :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

What's the resale for a guitarmagedfon. 4 k tops and that's going to be a hard sale. I wouldn't buy a guitarmagedfon thinking like a business man unless it was under 4k and sold buy a retailer.
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

erg2 wrote:Exactly! What if Vinnie were building production prototypes, displaying guitars at NAMM and building a website with prices & terms so ridiculous that nobody would ever buy all as part of elaborate ruse just to maintain the rights to the guitar design?

It would be awesome if that were true, but also crazy. Tthere had to be SOME investment by Vinnie (booth at NAMM, transportation/lodging/meals for Diane at NAMM, buying the URL rights, sweat equity in building that less-than-professional website, setting up PayPal account, etc) and whomever his partners were.

That's a lot of effort to go through just to NOT let someone else have something!

"I'm not really going to do anything with this, but at least nobody else will be able to either!!!"
what real sweat? If the guitars were built under a licence agreement or contract ( no out of pocket cash or very little )that allowed Vinne to walk with the guitars, and I have a feeling T.P. paid for the NAMM booth. So basically he paid 40 bucks at most for a web address and host then built a webs site that could have been done in about two hours . So hes in it for a plane trip "if she Flew" and a web site so about 400 bucks.

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

1031, You May Be Right !!!:

[youtube][/youtube]

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

HEY! I'm the Billy Joel quoter here!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

No, you're the Billy Joel fluffer !!! :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

You had to be a Big Shot didn't you? :lol:
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
erg2

Post by erg2 »

1031 wrote:what real sweat? If the guitars were built under a licence agreement or contract ( no out of pocket cash or very little )that allowed Vinne to walk with the guitars, and I have a feeling T.P. paid for the NAMM booth. So basically he paid 40 bucks at most for a web address and host then built a webs site that could have been done in about two hours . So hes in it for a plane trip "if she Flew" and a web site so about 400 bucks.
If Palecki paid for the booth outright, then I feel sorry for how monumentally he got screwed by the Cusano Familia. But, taking the NAMM booth out of the equation I'm betting Vinnie still has a couple of thousand into this endeavor. A couple of thousand SHOULDN'T be a big deal for someone like Vinnie, but considering he is trying to declare bankruptcy it is money he supposedly doesn't have.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
metatron

Post by metatron »

1031 wrote:My theory involves a need, a promise , slight of hand and like any good magic trick The Prestige.
The Prestige, Great Great Movie....Everyone should watch it. One of my favorites. So much so I purchased the DVD...by me saying purchased the DVD, it means a lot cause I don't really have that many DVD. I mean I don't like too many movies enough to actually purchase the DVD, this is great.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

All I can say is that if what TJ said its true (that some people have actually tried to buy a guitarmaggedon guitar and gotten no reply at all), the idea of Vinnie pulling all this only so he doesn't loses the license doesn't seem to be that far fetched.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It's not far fetched at all. That is most likely the best reason for this. It is however insane to not try and sell them at a reasonable price and make a dent in your debts.

NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Cernex wrote:...some people have actually tried to buy a guitarmaggedon guitar and gotten no reply at all...
I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, but if you go to the contact page, put in a message and hit SEND...a tiny little error message in dark red text comes up over on the left saying OWNER EMAIL NOT SET.

So, perhaps people THINK they are sending an email to Vinnie and nothing is actually being sent.

I took it one step further and manually sent an email to order1@vinnievincentmodelguitar.com and very politely requested that he send my boxset OR digital versions of all the promised songs without the box would make me happy.

...I have not received a response as of this posting...
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Nice job erg2 !!! :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

This is from Tom's Blog site. As you can see, 2 guys did make approaches to Tom about the VVVs but alas...

11 Responses to “NAMM SHOW 2011”

1. John Fetzer Says:
April 1, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Reply

The number doesn’t work. The Pink one is a different scale? Very nice work. The Gold one is a real ‘shocker’.
2. RodckinBandwagon Says:
April 4, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Reply

I’ve been trying on the phone number and no one is answering, seems like it’s disconnected , where can i get a catalog or more specs ? vinnievincentmodelguitar.com website does not load at all
When are you releasing this guitars for the world wide web to see?
Thank you
3. Andrew Says:
June 5, 2011 at 7:54 am | Reply

Wow! They looked fantastic Mr. Paleki! I hope things can be worked out with Vinnie going through this awful situation he has found himself in! Again, they look fantastic, you are a true craftsman! Curious though, 24 1/2 inch scale?? Unusual?!?!
4. Ron Ashley Says:
June 6, 2011 at 9:18 am | Reply

Dear Tom,it’s been over a month now i need some answers
fine tune the 86 for that long ? please someone get back to me
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(

Post by 1031 »

The last post from Tom on the subject
Ron Ashley Says:
June 6, 2011 at 9:18 am | Reply
Dear Tom,it’s been over a month now i need some answers
fine tune the 86 for that long ? please someone get back to me

smart84t Says:
June 6, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Reply
Hi Ron,
Very sorry. Things are running on Vinnie time now and I appear to be out of the picture.

TommyT Says:
July 30, 2011 at 7:24 am | Reply
wHERE are the guiitars nowadays ?

smart84t Says:
August 21, 2011 at 12:24 am | Reply
Vinnie has all of them.

T.

jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

1031 wrote:
doublev2 wrote:Yeah, for sure its about prestige and attention but I am sure he wants to sell. He has a history of high pricing. I think the high price thing always back fires . If you have an undervalued item that sells well will get more prestige as people will be talking and ordering. That's how the rr v became such an icon of the 80s.
The prestige I was referring to is as in a magic trick...Because making something disappear isn't enough; you have to bring it back. That's why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part called "The Prestige". Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled
Great lines from a great movie and I like the
analogy !
erg2

Post by erg2 »

1031 wrote:"Things are running on Vinnie time now and I appear to be out of the picture.-T."

"wHERE are the guiitars nowadays ?"
"Vinnie has all of them. -T."
Maybe it really IS all smoke and mirrors?
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
metatron

Post by metatron »

erg2 wrote:
1031 wrote:"Things are running on Vinnie time now and I appear to be out of the picture.-T."

"wHERE are the guiitars nowadays ?"
"Vinnie has all of them. -T."
Maybe it really IS all smoke and mirrors?
Well it doesn't sound as if he going to sell the orginal Tom Palecki made ones. As VV has stated, between 90 to 120 days to build from when customers place order . He states that Tom Palecki is the Luther, but I have a gut feeling that this is a out & out lie.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I doubt the two of them are in partnership... Tom will learn from the fiasco regarding the 4 namm guitars which Vinnie obtained & will never return...
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building

Post by 1031 »

Hmm it seems the circle is complete can anyone guess who TM1 holdings really is ( you may already know) I know you've seen the address and the name but "who is Leslie?"........ I will see if anyone knows before I post or maybe it shouldn't be public? I will let the powers at be give me the green light before I do....but the identity may hold a bit of poetic justice for one and a bit of very savvy thinking on the part of another.

But as not to offend any person or invade the privacy of anyone if this is unknown maybe PM from an ADMIN before I post...

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It's cool man, it's all pubilcly available info. TM1 is owned by Les Kero, who is Diane Cusono's father.

This is why Vinnie's behaviour is strange as he has given over all his interests to his wife and father-in-law, so a falling out with them would be a bad, bad, bad thing.

Post by 1031 »

Genebaby wrote:It's cool man, it's all pubilcly available info. TM1 is owned by Les Kero, who is Diane Cusono's father.

This is why Vinnie's behaviour is strange as he has given over all his interests to his wife and father-in-law, so a falling out with them would be a bad, bad, bad thing.
Exactly..what I was thinking,.. figured you guys new, but also wanted to be sympathetic to the Keros. I think calling his behavior in his situation strange is very kind.

But as I say that, I also can understand how certain forms of mental illness can effect you. I fought with bad Bi polar disorder and resulting panic attacks for quite while. I did some pretty strange stuff, and retreated for a bit but also fought back and got good doctors and proper medication. Now for the most part its just biz as usual.
I don't know if this is even his case or if its just a bitterness to the 10th power that has consumed him. But I do know there is hope for everyone no mater the case.
Even if he was wicked agoraphobic he could teach from home... I would imagine he would have quite the long list of students as long as he didnt charge a 1000 a hour or something silly.

Just looking for a positive bit out the weirdness

shramiac

Post by shramiac »

My Lord above! He could have (still could) been an awesome guitar teacher! 50 students a week @ $20-25 each plus Diane working, would have been a nice living! But alas……
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Exactly 1031, Vinnie and those around him know that there are always options to help Vinnie overcome the issues he seems to have given his behaviour of the last 10-15 years.

This is of course should he want this. He does seem to be very happy consumed by hate, paranoia and ill feelings towards a lot of the world.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

In a way I hope it's just bitterness that keeps him isolated and not full-blown mental illness.
If he does have some illness then I would feel at least a LITTLE bad about his situation...not absolve him, but pity a little.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
TeenAnkhgst

Post by TeenAnkhgst »

Ponder the theory that Vinnie has not had enough fiber in his diet since the mid 80's.
Attachments
VVF.jpg
VVF.jpg (107.08 KiB) Viewed 4738 times
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I'm sure his loved ones have tried to get him the proper help yet there comes a time when sympathy goes out the window. Every opportunity has been afforded him to no avail.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I don't want to ponder.
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

i think those prices would have made a bit more sense if he was world famous for years.It is happened with many guitarists to have their signature models overpriced-from Eddie to Andy Summers-but those guys weren't out of the spotlight and they still are world famous.Also, the companies that did that made a big press coverage and campaign to help sell the limited signature series.IN Vinnie's case-out of his choice- the rpice it is in the range but those two fundamental pieces of the puzzle are missing.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"