My opinion: Mark Slaughter - no re-union with VVI

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
EricFoxx

My opinion: Mark Slaughter - no re-union with VVI

Post by EricFoxx »

I know that some of us here probably have this dream about a re-united Vinnie Vincent Invasion band!
I'm sure that everyone of you has not only once imagined how awesomely amazing it would be to hear all those great Invasion-songs live (again for some of you, and fort the first time for the rest of us)!
Dana is still a great bassplayer and backup singer and Bobby is and has always been one hell of a drummer!
Nobody knows if Vinnie has kept his skills until this day, but as far as I know he was a pure fucking talent to the bone in the old days so I bet he haven't lost any (or at least not much) of that.

There's only one problem, who would take care of the lead vocals during a VVI live-set today? I think Robert is out of the question - he had no interest about touring with Vinnie back then, and I would not get surpirsed if he still doesn't have that. That only leaves us one alternative, Mark. Do you think that he would be able to live up to his name in a re-united VVI today? Do you think that he would be able nail all those extreme high-pitched notes from All systems go? Do you that he would be able to hit the stage with Vinnie, throw himself right into "Let freedom rock" and make it all trough the entire song just like that, and just like his voice hadn't changed at all since 1988?
Well, I'll give you my personal opinion by anwering those 3 simple questions with 1 simple word: No, No and No.

An this is the reason why:
[youtube][/youtube]
doublev

Re: My opinion: Mark Slaughter - no re-union with VVI

Post by doublev »

it will never happen. vinnie doesn't like mark's voice, he's made that clear and he doesn't like any of the vvi band members. too him they are and were session musicians who were luck to use his name and manipulate the record label into giving them a say in VV's band.

He would never reunite with them . Truthfully I think he could sing himself or easily find another singer, but its just a dream of course as he will never make a real come back.

Just to let you know 'burnin' bridges' is a song mark and dana wrote about vinnie.. so i think that tune would certainly end and love they have.

i spoke to mark a few years ago and he is nice. i think he would certainly sing in vvi again, but Robert is too smart and no way would he do it and he has made that clear recently.

I always thought vv may consider working with bobby as he has never said a bad thing about vv but it seems as if vv still doesn't like him too.
doublev

Post by doublev »

and yes, mark's voice has changed. i hope he saved his pennies for retirement.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I'm sorry to say it but Mark sounds like krap now! There is no way he has the vocal range 23 years later to handle ASG tracks...
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
doublev

Post by doublev »

i find it too bad for him, i was never a big fan of his singing and i found him kind of like the ewoks, more for the kids and the chicks if you know what I mean. But I do think he is a good guy, and he was just a kid in VVI so you really can not hold him accountable really.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Mark is very talented and did a great job in VVI.

Singing so high is a young mans game, Vinnie would need new blood in that area for sure.

Mike Weeks could do it, but so could a lot of people, Vinnie would just need to find someone, but Mike is the easiest choice as he is known. Kind of like when Vinnie joined Kiss, he was there and a known quantity.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

the problem is vinnie will not want someone to steel his thunder and i could not see mike weeks wanting to just be the singer. but who knows.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i think mark sounded good on asg, don't get me wrong. i just think his pitch tended to be all over when he sang live, apart from I think he did good in the Oakland gig.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev wrote:i think mark sounded good on asg, don't get me wrong. i just think his pitch tended to be all over when he sang live, apart from I think he did good in the Oakland gig.
Agreed!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Mark now has a totally fucked up voice - what the hell is that? Too much drugs and alcohol I think :roll:
That's not the way like Vinnie wants to hear his ASG songs. Why he doesn't sing his songs himself?
His voice sounded better than Marks now..
You thoughts?
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

way too much bad blood in history for it to happen and as was said - Marks voice is shot.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

How about Barry Gibb from the Bee Gees, I believe he can still cut it live :lol: :lol:
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

No joke- Barry Gibb RULES !!! 8) 8) 8)
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I think Vinnie got some Saturday Night Fever back in '77! 8)

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote:No joke- Barry Gibb RULES !!! 8) 8) 8)
How can bad falsetto earn SO much money??????
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

shramiac wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:No joke- Barry Gibb RULES !!! 8) 8) 8)
How can bad falsetto earn SO much money??????
Great songs.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Definitely great songs! :D

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I sort of answered in another thread:

Would you ever consider doing an "all-inclusive" Invasion reunion?

Side 1 = 6 songs
Vinnie
Robert
Dana
Bobby

Side 2 = 6 songs
Vinnie
Mark
Dana
Bobby
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
doublev

Post by doublev »

i think Vinnie is not about a band. the record label and maybe Dana was more into it. If VV came back I doubt he would want anyone to steel his thunder. I suspect he would bring in Robert if he had to choose one of those guys. It would be cool if he ever did play live with a band to reunite with someone from his past. But I think VV should be all about VV and not a band as much as I liked Robert and Bobby.
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

doublev wrote:i think Vinnie is not about a band. the record label and maybe Dana was more into it. If VV came back I doubt he would want anyone to steel his thunder. I suspect he would bring in Robert if he had to choose one of those guys. It would be cool if he ever did play live with a band to reunite with someone from his past. But I think VV should be all about VV and not a band as much as I liked Robert and Bobby.
Exactly, ala the Invasion album - was a VV solo record - and after that external pressure tried to turn it into a band thing, which fell apart - suprise, suprise.
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams