Italian Facebook Page

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
poserboy71

Re: Italian Facebook Page

Post by poserboy71 »

Let's see what Desmond has to say :

Hello Desmond,
My name is Rick Schobel. I am a member of the Vinnie Vincent Fan Forum(http://vvforums.com/). I have a question about royalties and song "ownership" and how it works business-wise.

When you are contracted by a band to help write songs, are you just a hired hand that gets a fee plus royalties/points per song? At the risk of being too personal, how do you conduct your business and protect yourself ?

The reason I ask is that we are having a discussion on our forum about Vinnie concerning his work with Kiss. Some think Kiss were trying to hire him as an employee and make him sign contracts that entail that the Kiss Company would own anything he writes and basically screw him over.

It is all very confusing to us and we are hoping that you can sort it out for us.

Thanks and GOD Bless, Rick Schobel
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

LoL Rick..... :)
doublev

Post by doublev »

awesone, rick contacted Desmond Child!!

Rick is turning in to a legend.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Nah! He's just got too much time on his hands! :P :P :P

Oh well, at least it's only time on his hands!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well done Rickster!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

If time is my dick...

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Just can't resist can you???? Control!!! Control!!! You must learn control!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
eddiepagechicago

Post by eddiepagechicago »

Gene & Paul definitely robbed Vinnie.

I posted Vinnie's petition to the Supreme Court of the United States here months ago for everyone to read.

Vinnie made mistakes, filed petitions too late, and filed bankruptcy at a time that allowed Gene & Paul to win in court.

However, This does not mean that Gene & Paul did not screw with Vinnie during the COTN / LIU era.

Vinnie was not properly paid his salary and that gave him the right to file for royalties of those songs to revert back to him (this is stated in the case & was written in his contract - see below)

http://www.esjpc.com/Cusano-Cert-Pet-final.pdf

KISS / Chaim Witz / Stanley Harvey Eisen - HAVE NEVER C0-WROTE OR PLAYED LIVE AS WELL AS WHEN VINNIE WAS IN THE BAND. PERIOD. AND NEVER WILL...

That last Kiss album totally sucks ass!!! The Kiss album before that...sucks ballz!!!

Chaim Witz / Stanley Harvey Eisen should be ashamed of themselves.

Stanley Harvey Eisen was likely the most envious of Vinnie.

KEEP THIS IN MIND EVERYONE - the ***LICK IT UP*** album WAS AND IS THE ONLY ALBUM THAT KISS DID NOT HAVE OUTSIDE WRITERS INVOLVED IN MAKING / PRODUCING SONGS.

Shocking but true......
genie and paulie didn't need anyone else...they had vinnie.

I HAIL you Vinnie...No one in Rock History can play guitar and write songs like you.
Rise All Creatures...Hail To The Beast...
Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

You are correct, Gene & Paul had Vinnie and didn't need anyone else... Imagine Animalize with Vinnie co-writing and lead guitar work... It's a shame they never worked it out..
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Right on Eddie, this is true.

I have imagined for years how massive Kiss would be today, without having to resort to putting the make up back on, if they had stayed with Vinnie.

Vinnie is incredibly hard to work with so the chance it would have worked for long was slim. There is problems with both sides here unfortunately.

God it would have been good though. Kiss with Vinnie still and Vinnie doing some solo albums!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Yes, Vinnie got fucked hard by Kiss ,BUT, his attitude helped guide Gene & Paul's cocks into his crusty cavity.

Enough is ENOUGH already.

Vinnie, Come Out and PLAY . Quit dwelling on the past.It is done and there is NOTHING you can do about it.
SHOW, DON'T TELL*** ACTIONS, NOT WORDS !!!

Remember, How you had an idea for an album title of "REVENGE" ??? Get the hint . YOUR best REVENGE against people that have done you wrong is to be a success and to live well.
Record albums again, perform live, sell merchandise, FINISH YOUR TELL-ALL BOOK, Be nice to the PEOPLE that are here.
All of us at the VVFF have your back and are very protective of you,YET, are NOT reluctant to calling you on your BULLSHIT !!! Please develop a thicker skin and realize through our jokes and advice that it all comes from the heart and we absolutely care about you.
We care about each other here LIKE A FAMILY. We joke, we fight, and at the end of the day , WE ARE STILL HERE for you and each other.

This is what I have slowly and painfully learned:
"I " dictate my feelings and behavior, I am not a reflection of life, MY LIFE IS A REFLECTION OF ME !!!

Remember how I believed that you and someone close to you might be messing with me and yet I showed no malice???
I tried to understand YOUR point of view.
Can you imagine how I felt when I heard a certain someone say questionable things about me at NAMM ???
I was a few feet away listening to the discussion about me and was going to introduce myself but decided that instead of being angry that I would anonymously say something nice about Vinnie and the guitars and just walk away. "I" dictated my feelings and behavior in that situation. NO ONE else did.

I don't give anyone or anything the power to hurt me anymore. I am a GIANT mass of pure fucking happiness. :D :D :D

Vinnie, Get on this LOVE TRAIN or kindly give up your ticket to someone that gives a fuck.

NEWBEGINNINGS
so42gob4dawn

Post by so42gob4dawn »

poserboy71 wrote:Vinnie was riding a very thin line. I believe that Kiss were trying to have him sign away his royalty rights. Notice that the recent court case decision has Kiss wanting Vinnie's " Lick It Up" rights and royalties to pay for their attorney fees.
I can see Gene and Paul trying to do that, but it would be insane to give the rights and royalties to 'Lick It Up' over to them.

Think about it.

Now imagine a cheesy advertisement for KISS lollipops with the whole 'Lick It Up' theme.
It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be.
birnie

Post by birnie »

Quote from While The City Sleeps....
"The best revenge is living well"

So do something you're passionate about......wait a sec....that'd be playing the guitar to the masses wouldn't it ?? ;)