Does VV Really Read Here?

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
desperado

Does VV Really Read Here?

Post by desperado »

if he does i think that its very cool that he does but what i'm wondering is if does has interacted with anyone on our forum? i'm new here still and am just wondering after reading some of the threads here is all....i would say that i think it would be cool and a real Honor to meet the guy and sit down and have a drink and conversation with him...i also think its cool that after all the years away from KISS he still ruffles their feathers lol and i think that is only because they knew deep down that he was as talented as them and maybe more that it shook Gene and Paul to their core!!!! anyway i love this place and am just looking for a few answers.....you guys ROCK!
Heavy Metal Cowboy
doublev2

Re: Does VV Really Read Here?

Post by doublev2 »

He reads here all the time. He used to quote the board on the dv forum all the time. He hates it though
Bye Bye
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Gene & Paul do have "some" talent or ability....I'm not trying to Kiss Vinnie's Ass but they were not even close to the talent that Vinnie possessed !!!
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

At this point the only feathers VV ruffles are his own and his beloved "angels".
desperado

Post by desperado »

maybe things will change!!! got my fingers crossed YALL (in my best south texas accent) lol
Heavy Metal Cowboy
desperado

Post by desperado »

btw as far as i'm concerned KISS wouldve been dead in the ground if VV hadnt came along........probably resurrected at some point by the original 4 but dead none the less had it not been for VV....glad i found this place
Heavy Metal Cowboy

Post by 1031 »

Vinnie will never sit down with anyone... He hates this place and could care less about his fans. He is a hella talented person but him joining Kiss did not save them, his writing helped but the creatures tour was not a great draw. Lots of people have written for kiss and played on there albums. Kiss survives because love or hate them Gene and Paul do what ever it takes to re-vigor the band. The songs on Creatures would have been there regadrless if Vinnie joined the band or not, he was paid to write and play.
To be honest he may have had a better foot hold as a solo act if he never joined Kiss, The glam style was dying when he started VVI , if he started that up the two years sooner he would have had a better run. Name one guitarist that has had a great solo run after Kiss... not even Ace.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Huh? White Tiger was friggin huge...
desperado

Post by desperado »

i disagree if KISS hadnt had VV they wouldve been kaput!! sure the creatures of the night tour wasnt a great great draw but it wasnt bad and with that REAL return to Metal brought a few of the fans back who had been disappointed since Dynasty so yeah KISS wouldnt have made it without VV...oh and VV's guitar playing and song writing actually did a lot to make KISS respectable again and when he left well......KISS fell back in the funk of trying to be a top 40 band...........they didnt have any respected Metal again until guess what? Unholy and guess who helped get the song together????? Vinnie Vincent Himself! sorry but bruce and tommy arent talented enough to carry VV's guitar picks on stage 8)
Heavy Metal Cowboy
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vv did amazing but they would just hire another great player. If you think kiss would end without vv how come it didn't end after he left? So if Eddie van Halen had joined you think they would have ended?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vv believes he saved kiss and was telling everyone which is one reason he got the boot.
Lick it up did ok but not massive. Tour was ok but not super good. Do you not think taking make up off was single biggest factor in saving kiss. Yes he helped but he didn't save.
as for hope vv has been saying new music coming since 1995. He just cancelled plans again last week.
It will never happen and vv is not one to sit around a table.

Sorry to be like this
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Vinnie does read this board and he has interacted directly with people that are members here and yes he hates this forum. I won't debate his contributions in Kiss and whether he saved them as it is truly a matter of opinion. Sadly, no one who connects with Vinnie can remain connected very long. His paranoia drives him to eventually destroy and severe the relationship. He was once an immensely talented musician and an all time great guitar player but it is debatable whether his still plays or has any chops left.

His life and career have become a sad and tremendous disappointment and utter waste of talent

Kev
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Just to point out Vinnie hates this forum yes, but he would hate any forum he did not control. Then, if he did have control it would be a total delete-fest and boring as batshit.
Commander in chief - VVF Army

Post by 1031 »

desperado wrote:i disagree if KISS hadnt had VV they wouldve been kaput!! sure the creatures of the night tour wasnt a great great draw but it wasnt bad and with that REAL return to Metal brought a few of the fans back who had been disappointed since Dynasty so yeah KISS wouldnt have made it without VV...oh and VV's guitar playing and song writing actually did a lot to make KISS respectable again and when he left well......KISS fell back in the funk of trying to be a top 40 band...........they didnt have any respected Metal again until guess what? Unholy and guess who helped get the song together????? Vinnie Vincent Himself! sorry but bruce and tommy arent talented enough to carry VV's guitar picks on stage 8)
I am not discounting his contribution or playing ability. Kiss was really run more like a pop band than a rock band by the time creatures was being recorded. They basically get together find the list of hot guitar players and writers go through about 60 to 80 songs pick 20 rewrite and record multiple versions of most of them and pick the ones for the final. Is Vinne a better player than Bruce, Tommy.. in my opinion yes.
Nuno Benecort is a monster player and writer but Rihanna would not miss a beat with out him.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
desperado

Post by desperado »

doublev2 wrote:Vv did amazing but they would just hire another great player. If you think kiss would end without vv how come it didn't end after he left? So if Eddie van Halen had joined you think they would have ended?

yeah but we all know Eddie wasnt going to joun or be asked to be in KISS cant have any other larger than life members in the band other than gene and paul.....KISS had to go for an unknown (mark st john) they couldnt go on with someone equally or more talented than themselves couldnt happen..
Heavy Metal Cowboy
ankh

Post by ankh »

Please remember that originally Punky Meawdows got the job and he turned them down :wink:
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
desperado

Post by desperado »

hey guys i just wanna say we're all on the same team i'm not trying to stir anything up i just think these are worthwhile conversations to have and we're still having them almost 30 years after the fact so VV's impact is still being felt in the Metal world!!!
Heavy Metal Cowboy
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Desperado,
All is good. It is a challenge at times for some of us to keep having the same conversations. What's new to you has been discussed at great lengths many times here and on our other forums.

Plus, now we are dealing with the death of Vinnie's wife and feeling sorrow for those affected.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
desperado

Post by desperado »

Wow hadnt heard his wife passed is that recent?
Heavy Metal Cowboy
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Last month if its true
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

desperado wrote:Wow hadnt heard his wife passed is that recent?
I just heard as well. Very sad. She seemed like such a sweet person.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

desperado wrote:hey guys i just wanna say we're all on the same team i'm not trying to stir anything up i just think these are worthwhile conversations to have and we're still having them almost 30 years after the fact so VV's impact is still being felt in the Metal world!!!
It's alright. Your heart is in the right place.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
desperado

Post by desperado »

KissMyAss wrote:
desperado wrote:hey guys i just wanna say we're all on the same team i'm not trying to stir anything up i just think these are worthwhile conversations to have and we're still having them almost 30 years after the fact so VV's impact is still being felt in the Metal world!!!
It's alright. Your heart is in the right place.

Cheers!! 8)
Heavy Metal Cowboy
dega

Post by dega »

ankh wrote:Please remember that originally Punky Meawdows got the job and he turned them down :wink:
Who is Punky Meawdows?? I totally agree with the comments about KISS surviving with or without VV. The comment about Nuno and Rhianna was spot on. A band is never just one person, but certain individuals do make greater impact on the overall sound and vibe. VV sounded great with KISS. Robert and VV sound great together. It was also mentioned about KISS taking off their make-up to generate public interest. I honestly believe that this was the gimmick they needed to put them back into the spotlight. I've have heard rumors that it was Mercury Records that demanded they remove the make-up and that if they didn't comply, they would loose their record deal.
ankh

Post by ankh »

About punky meadows:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punky_Meadows

you can read about the audtion and a lot more here:

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/arti ... s-shoulder
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

dega

Post by dega »

Thanks for posting those links. I was too lazy to google it myself and it also keeps this thread going. Very interesting stuff. So it would be safe to say VV was making a $200,000 a year salary with KISS. Nothing to retire off of, but he had a nice gig. His comment about Van Halen was absolutely fantastic when he stated: "Nowadays, rock guitarists don't seem interested in pushing the boundaries. You hear them making fun of Eddie Van Halen. Now who, if they're really honest with themselves, wouldn't give their left you-know-what to play like Eddie Van Halen? Nobody wants to dedicate themselves to developing that kind of ability."
ankh

Post by ankh »

please consider that it was 200k $ in 1982 ratings.............. :wink:

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

ankh wrote:please consider that it was 200k $ in 1982 ratings.............. :wink:
I wish I could make 200k over the next 5 years... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

Wow, that's good ca$h, $200,000 in 1982.
And to play Music.
Man, VV, you fucked up.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Kingzoo5905

Post by Kingzoo5905 »

In the case of Vinnie Vincent, I'd have to say "to increase knowledge is to increase sorrow." Can anyone guess where that came from?
Peace