Vinnie Vincent: "I Don't Consider Myself A Songwriter"

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
thattimeofyear87

Vinnie Vincent: "I Don't Consider Myself A Songwriter"

Post by thattimeofyear87 »

This is one of the better Vinnie interviews out there... A variety of interesting topics and questions.

[youtube][/youtube]

But...what I'm curious about -- and wondering what others think -- how does Vinnie come off as so calm and collected? This interview essentially took place three weeks prior to the dissolution of the Invasion, and amid what would seem to be chaos behind the scenes, but you certainly wouldn't know it here.

A couple of questions:

- Do you think he was serious when he said that he had two albums "already recorded and finished"?

- Anyone know the song Vinnie is referring to that he wrote specifically for "Nightmare On Elm Street 4"?

"I don't consider myself a songwriter. I've always been and am obsessed with my guitar. My songs are just a vehicle for my playing and my emotions..." Thoughts on this quote?
doublev2

Re: Vinnie Vincent: "I Don't Consider Myself A Songwriter"

Post by doublev2 »

No I dont think he had 2 albums. Its possible he had written songs for gfh.
In my opinion he is talking like the current band is over.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Its could be true about him writing a song for nightmare on elm but it could not be true. I would guess vv would have used it for gfh if it had been good. Some have speculated including me the vv registered tune " thrill of the chase" could be the nightmare song but I doubt it.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

According to bobby rock vv had had huge fall outs with all band members by that interview and everyone knew that it was over by end of tour. In fact tour could have easily been cancelled.
Bye Bye
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

A songwriter is someone who uses words and music as vehicles to convey emotions. Then again, even though I understand "life is a bowl of cherries" as conveying life is full of pits, I see no reason for communicating the obvious. I'll probably interpret the literal end of everything. It's the way my brain is wired.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
teej

Post by teej »

i have 2 albums recorded and finished ,, yeah .. so where are they?
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

teej wrote:i have 2 albums recorded and finished ,, yeah .. so where are they?
He was lying back then too.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Dishonesty cost him his record deal.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

One of the best songwriters of the 80's doesn't consider himself a songwriter? :roll:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

+1

That too!
desperado

Post by desperado »

yeah he is! his songwriting and his guitar helped pull KISS up outta the stagnant pond they were standing in.....In my opinion Nobody couldve came in after Ace and done a better job than Vinnie i dont care who they are
Heavy Metal Cowboy
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie certainly was the best man for the job. The Lick It Up album is all the proof you need.
desperado

Post by desperado »

you know of course 30 years ago nobody but the inner circle knew that VV played almost all the lead on Creatures of the night.....Creatures in my opinion is one of if not the best hard rock/metal album KISS has ever done...not the most poplular for sure but its a rockin sob
Heavy Metal Cowboy
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Desperado... we DO NOT disagree with you... but Cusano is Cusano's worst enemy. We are 100% on Vinnie's side! Vinnie has burnt a couple of members here personally and it makes no sense to us.. after all... this is A FORUM DEDICATED TO THE MOTHERFUCKER LOL!
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

desperado wrote:yeah he is! his songwriting and his guitar helped pull KISS up outta the stagnant pond they were standing in.....In my opinion Nobody couldve came in after Ace and done a better job than Vinnie i dont care who they are
True! Communicated very well, too! No other KISS guitarist has matched Ace. That's quite a feat.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

PinkWiz wrote:One of the best songwriters of the 80's doesn't consider himself a songwriter? :roll:
:lol: One of the best naughty song writers. :lol:
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

KissMyAss wrote:
PinkWiz wrote:One of the best songwriters of the 80's doesn't consider himself a songwriter? :roll:
:lol: One of the best naughty song writers. :lol:
Yes! Tongue firmly planted in cheek! Unlike the hideous obvious lyrics of rappers today! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh and Steel Panther! :oops:

Steel Panther rock though! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Rap isn't music.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

KissMyAss wrote:Rap isn't music.

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
desperado

Post by desperado »

PinkWiz wrote:Desperado... we DO NOT disagree with you... but Cusano is Cusano's worst enemy. We are 100% on Vinnie's side! Vinnie has burnt a couple of members here personally and it makes no sense to us.. after all... this is A FORUM DEDICATED TO THE MOTHERFUCKER LOL!

Thats sad i wish i could talk to the guy.....he was (especially in the 80's and early 90's) one that couldve dominated the Metal world and he was a Brilliant guitar player...i do think that his riff with Gene probably hurt him more than we will probably ever really know professionally but the fact that everyone is still talking about him 30 years after he started with KISS and almost 20 years since he released his last new music should show how much he truly meant to KISS fans and the Rock world...
Heavy Metal Cowboy
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

You are right on. Vin's a brilliant musician. He makes mistakes. That makes him human. Like the rest of us. No gods, no devils. Just people.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I'm a God..............no wait.............I was never good at spelling! :P
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

I'm an evolved primate.