28 years ago today...

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
VVV

28 years ago today...

Post by VVV »

Report: The Unmasking Of KISS, 28 Years On

"On the other hand, Vinnie Vincent stepped in to replace Ace Frehley with prodigious guitar talent of his own, but with an ego problem that would cause mayhem for KISS and spawn a sliding turnstile of guitarists and changing line-ups for years to come." :oops:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/169222
PinkWiz

Re: 28 years ago today...

Post by PinkWiz »

cool pic!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Paul is wrong though. Lick It Up beats Creatures and I am not listening with my eyes. Creatures is a great album but LIU is just the better record.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I think the only reason Paul says that Creatures is better than LIU is to take some credit away from Vinnie.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Possibly, but it annoys me. LIU is flat out excellent, a metal masterpiece.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I agree Liu is better but a lot of people like creatures better, not just Paul. Eric used to say creatures was his favourite record too.
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

It just doesn't get better than creatures of the night! Classic from start to finish...!
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Actually, I recall Eric said Lick It Up was his favourite Kiss record, that it pumped from start to finish. This was from one of the very cool Rock Scene Kiss specials.

I think he preferred the drum sound only on Creatures but gave LIU honours for better record.

I actually prefer the production on LIU (and the four new songs on Killers). The drums on Creatures are a bit over the top. I can the drummer being very hapy of course, like me when my guitars are too loud on stage, I don't care, I love it!
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I remember Eric saying LIU was his fave album.. Both had killer tracks that created enough heat to melt your speakers!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Wow , I have an interview infront of me where he says creatures. Obviously they were his two favourites. Bruce said Eric loved vinnie. I am not sure if as a friend or musician. Most likely kiss wouldn't let Eric speak to him.
I used to dream in the 80s that vv and Eric would form a band together. Both playing bass on the record. Sharing vocals . They could do the whole thing without anyone else. I bet vinnie would have been a great writing partner for Eric too.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ofcourse erics family can not stand vv for taking the make up. Even though les kero owns it now.
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Didn't Eric "Gift" the makeup design to Vinnie? His Family should respect Erics dying wishes... It was Erics way of sticking it to Gene & Paul? Who knows now? It's almost 20 years ago... I miss Eric, he was great...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Brooklyn_Born wrote:Didn't Eric "Gift" the makeup design to Vinnie? His Family should respect Erics dying wishes... It was Erics way of sticking it to Gene & Paul?
Hmmm............. you may well have a point there!!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

No he didn't gift it. Where you read that. Vv took the make up way after the death .
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Les kero owns the make up and erics family know this.
Bye Bye
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

Who is Les Kero? I've heard the name but..
Only the truth can set you free
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Les Kero is Vinnie's father in law. For the moment at least, who knows what's happening there.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Lick It Up and Creatures... a tie for me! A Million To One, War Machine, Not For The Innocent, I Still Love You, All Hell's Breakin' Loose, Killer... every song on both albums fukn slay! I can't pick a favorite...
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

BUT nothing looks cooler than the Creatures costumes... I know they had to remove the makeup to survive, but damn, the Wizard, Fox, Starchild and Demon looked badass... and kinda dangerous again!
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

Genebaby wrote:Les Kero is Vinnie's father in law. For the moment at least, who knows what's happening there.
Thank you for the info. I tried to look this up from FAQ and other places as well but nothing..
Vinnie's father in law.. hmm Let's hope V doesn't fuck everything up. Ofcourse he has done that already and it seems that his life is not in his hands anymore. So is Mr. Cusanos life (incomes, business in general) in the hands of Mr. Kero? If you are bankrubted and cannot do business with your own name then all the business must be made with someone else's name. Is Les Kero that name?
Only the truth can set you free
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

YES. Vinnie has unfortunately fucked himself. There was a time when we wanted to help yet his foolish pride disabled that. None of us really WANT this ,but ,since he continues to slander us, we will speed up his situation for him.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
waynewhat

Post by waynewhat »

oddly enough, they do reconize us on the street without the make up. fuck man! you have only been wearing makeup less than a yr. of course they are going to know who YOU were. they killed his thunder when they made fun of his red jacket. what a dumbass comment Vin Vin.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I liked his red jackets. I thought the us your of lick it up tour vv had the best look.
Bye Bye
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

Maybe I'll get a wee bit of flack for saying this, but I do prefer Creatures over LIU mostly because LIU has (at least for me) one of the most boring and insipid Gene songs ever: "Dance All Over You Face".

I swear of god, I can't stand that bloody song.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i do agree that LIU has a few lower points than Creatures but I think overall Lick it up is better.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

No way, Dance is a great song. Both great albums but LIU takes the win, with Creatures close behind.

No way Mr Paul Stanley am I listening with my eyes, LIU is better, it just is. Vinnie had more involvement and wrote better songs than Mike Japp etc.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Both great! LIU the song itself is very weak! Eight Day is also pretty lame. But the rest of it is fantastic.
I don't like I Love it Loud much either even with the huge drum sound!

I'll be nice and say a tie!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I agree lick it up the song is something I don't enjoy at all. I feel like dance all over your face is better suited to asylum but don't mind it from memory.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Lick It Up the title track is pure brilliance. So simple yet do addictive! Even my daughter loves it.

I can't hear a bad word said about any song on LIU.

In my previous post I was talking to Paul Stanley who didn't like to admit LIU was better and accused people who bought more copies of LIU than Creatures that they were listening with their eyes as they didn't prefer the make-up album.

Sorry Paul, LIU was the best Kiss album of the 80's!
jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

I agree !!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

When lick it up is on the radio I don't crank it up. I realise the genius of the song but its not something I would chose to play. I thought on the asg tour it was the weekest tune.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev2 wrote: I thought on the asg tour it was the weekest tune.
I'd agree with that!

(weakest Dino! he he he)
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I think LIU is the most consistent sounding album in the entire KISS catalog. It feels like the writing and compositions were a group effort. They all fit together. Other KISS albums are great, of course, but they always had "Paul songs" and "Gene songs" and "Ace songs" and then usually at least one song in general that was characteristically different.
LIU, to me, all the songs fit together, have a similar feel yet still individual. (With the title track being the possible exception.)

Creatures has some great songs but with all the guest writers, guest musicians and joint production responsibilities it sometimes sounds like a compilation album.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen