Creatures Fest - which headliner had the least attendance ?

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Luxor

Creatures Fest - which headliner had the least attendance ?

Post by Luxor »

Now, Vinnie is being targeted because he went on first Saturday. People "claim" Vinnie wasn't the headliner, Vixen was. Vinnie is being attacked because not many stuck around for Ugly Kid Joe or Vixen.

Should Vinnie be blamed for nobody caring about either group? Who is to say people would have gone to see them at all if the event had assigned seats and it went off as scheduled. I've certainly arrived an hour late at concerts when I didn't care about the opening act. Who is to say this wouldn't have happened?

But then Sunday, Bruce didn't have a big crowd. It's been reported, maybe half the hall was filled for Bruce. What do you think are the reasons so many bailed on Bruce? Many consider him a cover guy. He plays all these songs he didn't write or sing on. Or were people afraid his wife would get up and sing again? That woman tries to get in on everything. What was the song she butchered at the pool party? I'm curious if she tries to get up there and sing during the KISS Kruise.

Bruce shares tons of videos. He goes out of his way with the fans. And he gets that kind of shitty reception by the Army. Why is that?

So for people who were there, which show had more fans? Bruce Sunday or Vixen Saturday?
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
VVArchives

Re: Creatures Fest - which headliner had the least attendance ?

Post by VVArchives »

Vixen easily

But the turnout for Bruce was sad for a guy who has done as much for the fans as he has. He has championed an era. He's very fan friendly.

The question of turnout is odd considering the Kiss Kruises which seem to get a good reaction. But maybe they are stuck on board and have nowhere else to go.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

I wonder how that made Bruce feel. The KISS Army let him down for sure.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

I left after Vinnie because I was kind of exhausted after his 'performance'
Vixen is down to just the drummer being original so it wasn't a big deal to me if I saw them or not.
I was there for Bruce.
Great show.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

strangeways wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:55 am I left after Vinnie because I was kind of exhausted after his 'performance'
Vixen is down to just the drummer being original so it wasn't a big deal to me if I saw them or not.
I was there for Bruce.
Great show.
Why did so many others bail on Bruce? Why did the KISS Army basically say FU to Bruce?
DQIC

Post by DQIC »

The Sunday slot on festival weekends is a horrible one to have, especially festivals like CF where there aren't any real "big" headliners. The attraction to those kinds of festivals is the festival itself and not any particular performer. Sure, people will show up for the acts they like, but none of the acts will sell enough tickets on their own, which is exactly why they have these kinds of festivals.

As far as who was the headliner, just look at the advertising. Peter, Ace, Vinnie and Bruce were co-headliners. Just look at the size of the logos for the acts to see who has the most space. That's why they have the name "headliner."

Vixen was a second -tier act.
DQIC

Post by DQIC »

Just realized my post sounded kind of rude. It wasn't intended to be rude. I stand by what I said, but, I don't want to be a douchebag to members of the forum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It's cool, we get it. The size and position of your logo tells people where you are on the billing. I look at that at Festivals, to see how bands I like compare to newer bands I don't know or care about.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
DQIC

Post by DQIC »

Thanks 👍