Vinnie and the Contrarians

Post by Slayer »

For your Consideration
K

Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Vinnie and the Contrarians

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, they did that on the eve of the Creatures Fest, what would they be saying now!

I dig their vibes, Vinnie had the talent and he had the drive. He helped KISS' turn around with some songs and playing on Creatures, but that album was going to sound like that no matter what. Vinnie was not the band musical director. KISS were going to record with Michael James Jackson and the album was going to sound heavy, with whatever songs they thought were good.

Case in point, does the song Creatures Of The Night suck? No way does it suck, it rules. And it rules somehow without Vinnie's help.

What he did on Creatures was play good and write good songs, a beginning to what happened on LIU, which featured great writing and playing all over. KISS were lucky to have him and to be able to produce such a high quality album together.

Sadly, like that ex-girlfriend, where the sex is hot but she's a crazy bitch, they had to part ways only to "get together" again for songs on Revenge, again, great songs but again the same problems. So they had to let him go again. Imagine how bad things are that you can't put up with it even to get such quality material.

I think Vinnie was a genius, but with that genius came personality disorders that kept him from realising his potential. It isn't the first time it's been said that it's amazing that Vinnie even got the two invasion albums out and went on some tours, all things considered.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Re: Vinnie and the Contrarians

Post by Slayer »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:41 am Wow, they did that on the eve of the Creatures Fest, what would they be saying now!

I dig their vibes, Vinnie had the talent and he had the drive. He helped KISS' turn around with some songs and playing on Creatures, but that album was going to sound like that no matter what. Vinnie was not the band musical director. KISS were going to record with Michael James Jackson and the album was going to sound heavy, with whatever songs they thought were good.

Case in point, does the song Creatures Of The Night suck? No way does it suck, it rules. And it rules somehow without Vinnie's help.

What he did on Creatures was play good and write good songs, a beginning to what happened on LIU, which featured great writing and playing all over. KISS were lucky to have him and to be able to produce such a high quality album together.

Sadly, like that ex-girlfriend, where the sex is hot but she's a crazy bitch, they had to part ways only to "get together" again for songs on Revenge, again, great songs but again the same problems. So they had to let him go again. Imagine how bad things are that you can't put up with it even to get such quality material.

I think Vinnie was a genius, but with that genius came personality disorders that kept him from realising his potential. It isn't the first time it's been said that it's amazing that Vinnie even got the two invasion albums out and went on some tours, all things considered.
Great Response Vic,
In a panel such as this I think that you get a fair representation of the facts from the vantage of different peoples truths. We as an audience can listen and observe and then balance with our own experiences and form our own opinion of what we heard and saw. What I saw was a pretty balanced display of praise and criticism and much of it seemed fair from my Vinnie Experience and Fandom.

Kev