VVI artwork

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Bendeko53

VVI artwork

Post by Bendeko53 »

Not sure if this has been mentioned before... but i was looking at the big VVI album poster on my wall thinking how cool the artwork was and wondering who the artist was. The credits list the artist as Alan Hashimoto.. so i googled him and an image came up for a book cover he designed and i thought it looked kind of familiar lol

Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: VVI artwork

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, great find, never thought of looking into the album illustrations. It looks like Alan passed away in 2013, and this book was released in 1980, so it easily pre-dates the first VVI album, but it has a VERY similar feel.

I had a look and I can't see that the album cover is just a part of this book cover, but they are so similar, I wonder how that happened?

I know someone told us that if you look closely at the album cover, and it helps to have the LP, that there are tiny people depicted on the buildings.

I wonder who we could ask about this and how it all came about, now that Alan is no longer with us.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Bendeko53

Post by Bendeko53 »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:23 pm
I know someone told us that if you look closely at the album cover, and it helps to have the LP, that there are tiny people depicted on the buildings.
There is yeah, like i said i have a big poster of it and there are people looking out the windows of the buildings and standing on structures looking up in awe of the pending invasion..
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, it would be so cool to know the background of these two pictures he drew.
metatron

Post by metatron »

such a great find
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, somewhere Vinnie is going, shit, shit, shit.....