Would Vinnie be included in this?

News and information from 2018 onwards
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Would Vinnie be included in this?

Post by strangeways »

In a new interview with White Line Fever TV, SLAUGHTER bassist Dana Strum was asked about the status of the band's upcoming documentary.

Asked if the SLAUGHTER film will be "more documentary than a biopic," Dana clarified: "There's people that portray the younger versions, and watching some of that going down is interesting, because you're, like, '[It's] pretty fucking close.' Some of it is amazing. Some of the people study early footage and, I'm, like, 'Look, dude, the guy's got every fucking move you've made.'

https://blabbermouth.net/news/dana-stru ... ghter-film
https://www.youtube.com/@WhiteLineFeverTV
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Would Vinnie be included in this?

Post by Genebaby »

There's a Slaughter film? That's so cool. I haven't watched the Dirt yet, or the queen one for the disappointment I know I will have with them, much like I had with Spinning Gold. I would be interested to see this, and it helps that Dana is so involved (of course he would be) and that he's saying those things.

Vinnie MAY not be in it, it depends on if they go back that far, maybe in a flashback sequence to their prior life? He may get mentioned.

Do we know when it's coming out?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
birnie

Post by birnie »

I reckon they would.
You'd want to go back to where they came from.
See them getting the shits in VVI and deciding to move on.

I didint think Slaughter had that much interest that there would be a film about them though.
But I'll definately watch it if it comes out.

Get into the Queen and Dirt movie Vic!
Dirt was a lot of fun. Might watch again if it's still around
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, I should watch at least that one. I know there are innacuracies with the Queen one, which boggles my mind when the rest of the band were so involved!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vv won't be included as he would be quick to sue . I am certain they won't touch Vinnie
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

He's a bit like that isn't he?
birnie

Post by birnie »

I guess they could make up a fictional band and leave because they didnt get on with the producer...or whatever takes their fancy
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

I don't know anything about Slaughter except it's origins and that's the most interesting thing to me about them.
If I were them I'd avoid any mention of Vinnie and take enough artistic liberties with the band's story to make it watchable.
But maybe Vinnie could play himself in the movie? That'd be a huge boost to his career. Help a brother out, Slaughter.

I see people often criticising Queen's movie for inaccuracies. But it's a movie. A song isn't always an accurate depiction of events of a story it tells, or it might even be factually wrong or biased, depending on the point of view. Movies are a bit like dreams - they don't need to be accurate, they need to be immersive. Historical accuracy is an afterthought. Oh by the way, I enjoyed Dirt more than Queen and I don't even like Motley Crue.
birnie

Post by birnie »

I've watched the Queen one quite a few times. Not surpising as I'm a huge Queen fan.

...but I re-watched The Dirt the other night like i said I would....It really is a lot of fun.
birnie

Post by birnie »

Hot Tub Time Machine. The doco of Motley Lou, is also a must see.
I've seen that about 10+ times
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The things I have heard about the Queen movie that I don't like are ones that change how Freddie is percieved and in relation to his legacy, and it makes no sense. It's the story of Queen, it can be accurate, there's no need to introduce things that didn't happen and make someone look different in the eyes of the watcher, who will now think that is what actually happened.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Hard pass.

Watched some of the Queen one and didn't really like it.

Couldn't give a rat's about the Crue.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Dana's reach into that whole 80s metal world is remarkable really. The more you read and listen to interviews, the more you realise just how key he was to the direction of so many bands. He comes across as a really nice guy too. Would love to read his autobiography.

The thing about Slaughter that fascinated me was the fact that Bobby Rock didn't go with them. Was he offered to join Dana and Mark? I can't recall that part of his book (which is a must read by the way if you haven't already)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yes Bobby was offered but he was given the Nelson gig which was paid unlike slaughter at the time and he was also he had some session work with nitro and Bob kulick.all paid ..he met the singer of nitro when he was opening up for vvi I think in los angeles.
Bobby probably wasn't sure if slaughter were going to.make it or wasn't interested in waiting a year and.a half with no pay. It's also possible Dana and Mark wanted to own the band and higher the other members . If it was a 3 way ownership.of slaughter a lot less money and bobby not bringing writing.to the band i guess. Also supposedly Mark and Bobby getting very little pay I'm vvi so probably pretty broke
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, as Dino said, Bobby was offered to go with them but chose to go his own way, which they were cool with and are still cool with him to this day.

I met up with Dana a bit at Glamfest in Sydney yesterday and asked him about this, and got very serious. Yes, it's on, it will go right back to the beginning and he intends for it to be done very, very well. This is a major project for Slaughter, so I am even more excited for it now.
birnie

Post by birnie »

this should be cool !
I'm def watching it
birnie

Post by birnie »

Time to start looking for look alike actors