Latest post from Vinnie Vincent

News and information from 2018 onwards
doublev2

Re: Latest post from Vinnie Vincent

Post by doublev2 »

he got booted from kissfaq too bad he isn't here but I understand you have a free board and that's cool. Luxor should be very happy with you that he or she has a platform
Genebaby wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:04 am I would suggest no longer replying/arguing with Lux, he's in his own universe with Vinnie blinkers on. He is a cert to be handing over his $200 per year to stay in a free Facebook group.

Here, he hates everyone and everything that isn't Vinnie in KISS. There is no value to him in the other things many people obviously like about KISS so let's leave him to it.

It's no secret you can get booted by Vinnie for no apparent reason, at that's probably what happened there.

Soon the group will only be Vinnie and Lux anyway, so don't worry about it.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

its pretty clear luxor is wring here for Vinnie knowing that he is on here most of the day
Bye Bye
VLADIMIR

Post by VLADIMIR »

doublev2 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:11 am its pretty clear luxor is wring here for Vinnie knowing that he is on here most of the day
It's funny, Luxor speaks like the sphynx. Never came to your mind that Luxor might be VV ?
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:15 pm Killers were early recordings of what became Creatures. Ok not demos technically but if they had appeared on Creatures they would have gotten the creatures drum sound. The way I see it is they were sort of demos of what's to come, but yes technically not demos as they were released as the final master.
Hilarious1 Not technically demos now. There's only countless books, interviews etc on the subject but thankfully we have you finally admitting they weren't demos. Bravo

And lets admit Paul trashed those songs.'

and lets admit after Bob failed Gene and Paul they looked to Vinnie for direction and he delivered.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:11 am its pretty clear luxor is wring here for Vinnie knowing that he is on here most of the day
You and Gene Baby are here 24/7. I didn't even post for months and months. Give me a break!
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Genebaby wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:04 am I would suggest no longer replying/arguing with Lux, he's in his own universe with Vinnie blinkers on. He is a cert to be handing over his $200 per year to stay in a free Facebook group.

Here, he hates everyone and everything that isn't Vinnie in KISS. There is no value to him in the other things many people obviously like about KISS so let's leave him to it.

It's no secret you can get booted by Vinnie for no apparent reason, at that's probably what happened there.

If one can't back up their "claims" they shouldn't try to debate. E

Also you are 100% wrong as usual. I'm not in Euphoria. I don't care what happens over there.

It's just a shame so many of the ones in Vinnie FB groups don't post elsewhere. But I can see why so many of them wouldn't want to post here or over at Kissfaq. When you have a place where people just "make up" whatever and then complain when they are called out on it. Where disinformation is what passes as "fact".

One would think people would care about the real history. Instead people complain, attack etc. Instead of reality, we have people saying "back in HS". Or my source is Wikipedia. Instead of people thanking the ones who post accurate information, the people with the truth are attacked and claim they have "Vinnie Blinders".

Yet the same people who attack Vinnie, have no problem with KISS ripping off everyone. Paul lip-synching and lying about it for years. Kiss and all their lies about the final show. You name it. But all those lies and rip offs are fine. Who cares about Dubai etc.

I don't have Vinnie blinders nor do I have Kiss blinders. And I'm sorry some can't handle the Truth
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

no not Vinnie.
VLADIMIR wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:17 am
It's funny, Luxor speaks like the sphynx. Never came to your mind that Luxor might be VV ?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Luxor still not answered the question .. How was the song Creature of the Night heavy and sounded like the rest of the album with no Vinnie? Before Vinnie? How.. answer lol
Luxor wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:58 am

If one can't back up their "claims" they shouldn't try to debate. E

Also you are 100% wrong as usual. I'm not in Euphoria. I don't care what happens over there.

It's just a shame so many of the ones in Vinnie FB groups don't post elsewhere. But I can see why so many of them wouldn't want to post here or over at Kissfaq. When you have a place where people just "make up" whatever and then complain when they are called out on it. Where disinformation is what passes as "fact".

One would think people would care about the real history. Instead people complain, attack etc. Instead of reality, we have people saying "back in HS". Or my source is Wikipedia. Instead of people thanking the ones who post accurate information, the people with the truth are attacked and claim they have "Vinnie Blinders".

Yet the same people who attack Vinnie, have no problem with KISS ripping off everyone. Paul lip-synching and lying about it for years. Kiss and all their lies about the final show. You name it. But all those lies and rip offs are fine. Who cares about Dubai etc.

I don't have Vinnie blinders nor do I have Kiss blinders. And I'm sorry some can't handle the Truth
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

doublev2 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:07 am Exactly the same. Paul Runner is Spider. The people have to pay to stay on a fb page like the old dv forum and then they get boot if they do... and no refunds so of he boots you after he charges 200 bucks you are out of luck lol. You have to pay 200 dollars to kiss ass. Remember on dv forum when viinie instructed the people in his group to attack and troll this place .. haha
birnie wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:25 pm Everyone's gettin' Das Boot again huh?....for nothing.
Sounds so familiar.
Expect a bump in membership Genebaby

You can watch VV deliverin' the (non) goods from any website/forum.
May as well do it for free here.
I remember when he instructed the few people he was letting in the DV Forum to troll this place, and they did! I wish I had kept the posts, but I was at work and stressed out by what they were doing so my first reaction was to quickly delete it all and them. Shocking behaviour.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Luxor wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:44 am
doublev2 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:15 pm Killers were early recordings of what became Creatures. Ok not demos technically but if they had appeared on Creatures they would have gotten the creatures drum sound. The way I see it is they were sort of demos of what's to come, but yes technically not demos as they were released as the final master.
Hilarious1 Not technically demos now. There's only countless books, interviews etc on the subject but thankfully we have you finally admitting they weren't demos. Bravo

And lets admit Paul trashed those songs.'

and lets admit after Bob failed Gene and Paul they looked to Vinnie for direction and he delivered.
Paul trashes lots of stuff that I and other people love. That's ok for him, but he would also understand that others do like this stuff. I just read a post on Facebook that someone said that Asylum is awesome, and to discuss. I can dig that.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Name any other artist who charges money to be a part of a Facebook group? That's not about getting rid of the trolls, its another attempt to cash grab. He has form.

As mentioned, VV should do a OnlyFans/Patreon style thing, if he only wants to interact with the outside world in some sort of cult scenario.

I love what Vinnie did with Kiss. I admire what Desmond Child did with Kiss. Bob Kulik too - heck, they are all jigsaw parts of a huge phenomenon. But lets be clear about one thing, Paul and Gene would not allow themselves to be pushed around - all these guys were collaborators, so to say that VV drove the style of Creatures or Lick it Up is a nonsense.

Where VV is now is just sad. I'm beyond caring, but I feel sorry for him being driven by his own paranoia more than anything else. He can't see the wood from the trees, instead of letting music do the talking.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

VV obviously as a co writer and guitar player had a big part especially on Lick it up, my argument was the heavy sound established on Creatures no way but obviously as a writer of songs and player on all or most of lick it up he played big part. was pointing out the argument that vinnie made kiss heavy and was responsible for the heavy sound of creatures is wrong; but he obviously had a major impact especially on lick it up.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

To Luxor who is always saying I don't back things up. ERIC CARR. Listen carefully. They helped Vinnie with his solos on Creatures. How is Vinnie responsible for the sound on Creatures again? Also Eric says he didn't remember Vinnie being good and his live solos were horrible. He did say he came up with Paul Gene and Eric good solos on Creatures.. Again how is Vinnie making Creatures heavy and saving kiss?

And luxor not answered how Vinnie effected the title song Creatures of the night which he wasn't involved before he was called in?
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Songwriters decide nothing on how their song will sound. Even in LIU, the album tone was established by Paul and Gene with MJJ. The Creatures sound didn't sell so they didn't use it again, Gene has stated this.

Vinnie continues his laughing stock tour, it seems like it will never end.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, he keeps feeding the trolls with his own actions, how can he not see this?
birnie

Post by birnie »

He's hell bent on grabbing chunks of money from a few suckers (less than 10, maybe 5), rather than a trickles of cash from thousands.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I can only wonder if one person will pay to be in a Facebook group. I heard that membership is dwindling already.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Facebook is wrong place for paid fans. patreon.com or even only fans.. he could do some naked videos for a thousand dollars on only fans haha

Facebook is dying and it's only middle aged and seniors as well as not a real place to get a subscription. I donut anyone will pay 200 but if they do they better ask the right questions lol
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

For sure Facebook is the wrong place. It's a joke just to hear anybody is trying to do it. Nobody does it as that's not what the platform is about.

Same with the DoubleV forum subscription. I thought to myself, this is a totally free message board where Vinnie pays nothing to host etc, and he wants to charge $500!! Nobody signed up of course but if it somehow was successful I bet the owner of the platform might have a few things to say.

Who let's Vinnie come up with these less then half baked ideas?
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Genebaby wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:56 am
Paul trashes lots of stuff that I and other people love. That's ok for him, but he would also understand that others do like this stuff. I just read a post on Facebook that someone said that Asylum is awesome, and to discuss. I can dig that.
Paul lying and trashing other people is completely different than Paul trashing his own work.

And someone who said Asylum was awesome, probably got into KISS in the mid-80's. Those albums were weak.

Anyone who can be honest about KISS can admit how far off KISS had fallen. When Gene and Paul both dismiss the stuff you can bet its not the best.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:46 am To Luxor who is always saying I don't back things up. ERIC CARR. Listen carefully. They helped Vinnie with his solos on Creatures. How is Vinnie responsible for the sound on Creatures again? Also Eric says he didn't remember Vinnie being good and his live solos were horrible. He did say he came up with Paul Gene and Eric good solos on Creatures.. Again how is Vinnie making Creatures heavy and saving kiss?

So Eric is praising Vinnie for his guitar work on COTN. And Eric is also bitter in 1985. He was jealous of all the stuff Vinnie got on the albums when they ignored Eric's stuff.

I also remember Eric acting like he was helping MJJ do solos etc.

They were warned Vinnie was difficult to work with? By whom, Carmine? What a joke.

Eric probably tried to show Bob Kulick how to play too. Too bad Eric never showed Kulick how to play since he didn't learn until 1991

"Black Diamond" - Dale Sherman

Eric agreed Vinnie's placement in the band did motivate their rise in popularity again. "We started more publicity because we were taking the makeup off and got some more profiles that way, and people started talking about us again. I don't want to get everyone angry at me for saying so, but you can't deny Vinnie's contributions to the album had alot to do with it. Vinnie contributed alot of good writing to that album and Creatures also. And 'Lick It Up' was one of them. It was almost the PERFECT SONG to get us back in the public's eye."

Even Eric admits Vinnie saved KISS
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:11 am Songwriters decide nothing on how their song will sound. Even in LIU, the album tone was established by Paul and Gene with MJJ. The Creatures sound didn't sell so they didn't use it again, Gene has stated this.

To act like the Metal-N-Roll that Vinnie brought to KISS wasn't also on LIU and for that matter... it returned with Revenge. They even tried to keep that style of Animalize (which they had already heard numerous Vinnie demos for it). Where do you think the name of the album came from?

The LIU sound is pretty much the same with Vinnie's guitars being at the forefront and Eric Carr's drums toned down.

Then all one had to do is hear Unholy and know that Vinnie's KISS was back.

But some will want to pretend MJJ and his four KILLER songs sound anything like what was to come. And some act like its a "coincidence" that the Vinnie/KISS sound returned with Revenge after all those failed albums.

Kiss couldn't do jack without Vinnie. Lets put out KISS MY ASS because we can't come up with anything. Then after they knew about the reunion, Gene goes Grunge (because he's chasing yet another trend). Even Bruce is like, "don't blame me".

Psycho Circus what garbage that was. Sonic Turd and then Monster.

Only 3 really good/great KISS albums since 1977 .... COTN, LIU and Revenge. And they all have that same Metal-N-Roll. But some want to act like its all a coincidence that it wasn't there prior to Vinnie and it wasn't there after. DENIAL. Not just a river in Egypt
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

aeroflott wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:19 pm
I love what Vinnie did with Kiss. I admire what Desmond Child did with Kiss. Bob Kulik too - heck, they are all jigsaw parts of a huge phenomenon. But lets be clear about one thing, Paul and Gene would not allow themselves to be pushed around - all these guys were collaborators, so to say that VV drove the style of Creatures or Lick it Up is a nonsense.

Pushed around? They were looking for someone to guide them. They were looking for someone to "show them" the way.

Thank goodness Vinnie came around. What Bob brought on Killers wasn't very good as Paul made clear.

After Vinnie was gone, they chased every trend they could (because no one in the band could set the tone direction)

Why do you think they went Back To Vinnie after "HITS" failed so miserably and they saw the results of what the fans actually wanted? They would have never had to return to him if they could have done it. And when have they done it since on any album since Revenge?

How many times did you see Paul whine, "Vinnie tried to turn us into the Vinnie Vincent band" etc? If nobody is leading, someone has to step up.

New guy and 6 (or more) of his songs recorded for COTN. 9 songs of his made the LIU album.

and there was a damn good reason Gene was calling Vinnie everyday for months trying to get Vinnie back in KISS for Animalize.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This could be Vinnie
FB_IMG_1704217803424.jpg
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Genebaby wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:52 am This could be Vinnie

I envision more the pictures of Vinnie posing with nude models. I'm thinking that was Cheri magazine around 1987
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

new low being disrespectful to the late Eric Carr. Good work luxor. Funniest thing I heard is Eric Carr was jeoulsus of not being in Vinnie's solo band hahahaha.
Luxor wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:14 am
doublev2 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:46 am To Luxor who is always saying I don't back things up. ERIC CARR. Listen carefully. They helped Vinnie with his solos on Creatures. How is Vinnie responsible for the sound on Creatures again? Also Eric says he didn't remember Vinnie being good and his live solos were horrible. He did say he came up with Paul Gene and Eric good solos on Creatures.. Again how is Vinnie making Creatures heavy and saving kiss?

So Eric is praising Vinnie for his guitar work on COTN. And Eric is also bitter in 1985. He was jealous of all the stuff Vinnie got on the albums when they ignored Eric's stuff.

I also remember Eric acting like he was helping MJJ do solos etc.

They were warned Vinnie was difficult to work with? By whom, Carmine? What a joke.

Eric probably tried to show Bob Kulick how to play too. Too bad Eric never showed Kulick how to play since he didn't learn until 1991

"Black Diamond" - Dale Sherman

Eric agreed Vinnie's placement in the band did motivate their rise in popularity again. "We started more publicity because we were taking the makeup off and got some more profiles that way, and people started talking about us again. I don't want to get everyone angry at me for saying so, but you can't deny Vinnie's contributions to the album had alot to do with it. Vinnie contributed alot of good writing to that album and Creatures also. And 'Lick It Up' was one of them. It was almost the PERFECT SONG to get us back in the public's eye."

Even Eric admits Vinnie saved KISS
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Kiss always chased trends.. New York Dolls, Alice Cooper etc

Vinnie wasn't in anyway a trend setter hahahah. Session musician on Happy Days. It's very hard to understand what Vinnie did for all of his 20s. He was mostly a guitar teacher I guess. If he was in demand session player he would have been on way more stuff in his 20s than the tiny sprinkling he was on. Kiss had put out 17 or 18 albums before VV had joined and then they had another album of demos. VV didn't even play on more than one or two songs on under 4 albums before he joined kiss. Treasure was the only band he ever was on the album photo of.

Luxor wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:38 am

Pushed around? They were looking for someone to guide them. They were looking for someone to "show them" the way.

Thank goodness Vinnie came around. What Bob brought on Killers wasn't very good as Paul made clear.

After Vinnie was gone, they chased every trend they could (because no one in the band could set the tone direction)

Why do you think they went Back To Vinnie after "HITS" failed so miserably and they saw the results of what the fans actually wanted? They would have never had to return to him if they could have done it. And when have they done it since on any album since Revenge?

How many times did you see Paul whine, "Vinnie tried to turn us into the Vinnie Vincent band" etc? If nobody is leading, someone has to step up.

New guy and 6 (or more) of his songs recorded for COTN. 9 songs of his made the LIU album.

and there was a damn good reason Gene was calling Vinnie everyday for months trying to get Vinnie back in KISS for Animalize.
Bye Bye
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:22 am Kiss always chased trends.. New York Dolls, Alice Cooper etc

Vinnie wasn't in anyway a trend setter hahahah. Session musician on Happy Days. It's very hard to understand what Vinnie did for all of his 20s. He was mostly a guitar teacher I guess. If he was in demand session player he would have been on way more stuff in his 20s than the tiny sprinkling he was on. Kiss had put out 17 or 18 albums before VV had joined and then they had another album of demos. VV didn't even play on more than one or two songs on under 4 albums before he joined kiss. Treasure was the only band he ever was on the album photo of.
You already admitted Vinnie saved KISS. Your lame rants now trying to downplay what Vinnie did is an absolute joke!

doublev2 wrote: ↑Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:09 pm
If vv has killer kiss songs written and kiss want them them I would say 100 percent that vv can save kiss again. Yes he saved kiss in 82 most likely but kiss need saving more than ever. . Kiss need vv more than they know especially if he has tunes written.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:32 am new low being disrespectful to the late Eric Carr. Good work luxor. Funniest thing I heard is Eric Carr was jeoulsus of not being in Vinnie's solo band hahahaha.

It's true. And thankfully, you are on record as Vinnie saved KISS in 1982 so I don't know what you are complaining about?!

Eric was very jealous of how easily Vinnie got songs on albums and that KISS didn't think much of his songwriting at all. Eric was a very weak songwriter and he was terribly unhappy in KISS for years and years and years but he took it.

Even a Kerrang where they act like Vinnie's will sing lead on a KISS album and Eric says something like "not before me".

Eric was a very good drummer but nothing special. A ton of drummers could have come in and did what he did. Its not like he was some wonderful creative force coming up with things for the band. He just wasn't.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Wow seriously insane
Bye Bye
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Luxor wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:38 am

Just because you type things out on an internet forum, doesn't make them true.

When you boil it down, Vinnie was a hired gun, employed to do a job. That's how important Gene and Paul regarded him. Like the man himself, I think you have grandiose view of what he actually meant to the band as a whole.

If he was THAT important to the shape, tone and direction of band, why was he booted from the band? Kiss managed perfectly OK for a further 40 years without him.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

aeroflott wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:09 pm

If he was THAT important to the shape, tone and direction of band, why was he booted from the band? Kiss managed perfectly OK for a further 40 years without him.
Please share when he was booted from the band. That didn't happen. Unless you want to count he was "fired" after he refused to return to KISS.

It would help if you actually knew something about what happened instead spouting off tired old disproven Gene and Paul bs on the matter.

and if you remember, KISS sucked so bad without him, the label did a survey as to why people weren't buying KISS records in 1989 after the massive failure of "Hot In The Shade". Who did KISS have to go back to?? That's right, VINNIE
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

omg. Hot in the Shade Tour was much bigger than Crazy Nights and Asylum and Lick it up tours, I went to shows in person on all those tours... there were two MTV hits off Hot in the shade. Crazy Nights had no MTV hits (Crazy crazy nights was a Hugh hit in UK but not USA). I have less memory about MTV in 1986 but I don't remember Tears are falling being played anywhere as much as Hide Your Heart or Forever. It used to annoy me how much Forever was on MTV actually. I wouldn't call Hot in the Shade a failure even though I didn't really like it when it came out.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

seen as luxor big on MTV rotation (lol) with the weird scans that he//she posts.. Kiss Forever was 47th most played on MTV in 1990. That's a hit. Also Slaughter Fly to the Angeles was massive at 17. This is competing with Top 40 pop not just rock/metal. https://www.imdb.com/list/ls022208479/
Bye Bye
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:02 am omg. Hot in the Shade Tour was much bigger than Crazy Nights and Asylum and Lick it up tours, I went to shows in person on all those tours... there were two MTV hits off Hot in the shade. Crazy Nights had no MTV hits (Crazy crazy nights was a Hugh hit in UK but not USA). I have less memory about MTV in 1986 but I don't remember Tears are falling being played anywhere as much as Hide Your Heart or Forever. It used to annoy me how much Forever was on MTV actually. I wouldn't call Hot in the Shade a failure even though I didn't really like it when it came out.
What were the two MTV HITS off Hot In The Shade? Love to hear that. Please provide the rotation figures for all 3 videos.

Also, since you are making false claims about CN video play, provide the rotation for all 3 videos from that album as well.

And your MEMORY sucks as usual, in regards to "Tears Are Falling".

Also, I love your lack of reading comprehension. Hot In The Shade album was a complete failure. But you try and change what was said and now go whine about the Hot In The Shade tour versus other KISS tours.

Who is disputing Hot In The Shade did better than the 80's tours? Of course it did. It had two platinum selling acts as the opening acts.
If the HITS tour would have just had Little Caesar and another band, the tour would have been lucky to do 50 dates in the US

For the life of me, I don't know why you ever respond when what you respond with is so much disinformation.

And maybe you wouldn't call Hot In The Shade a failure, but to people who actually work in the industry, it was a massive failure.

And lets not forget that "Forever" was just a manipulated "hit" as the dude at KISSFAQ pointed out.

Also you went to shows IN PERSON? Wow. How else would one go to shows????????
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:08 am seen as luxor big on MTV rotation (lol) with the weird scans that he//she posts.. Kiss Forever was 47th most played on MTV in 1990. That's a hit. Also Slaughter Fly to the Angeles was massive at 17. This is competing with Top 40 pop not just rock/metal. https://www.imdb.com/list/ls022208479/

Its laughable that are you trying to act like I ever said "Forever" wasn't played a ton on MTV. That's just more made up nonsense from you.

As JG pointed out in a KISSFAQ podcast, Forever was manipulated for radio airplay. It wasn't a legitimate hit on radio.

Of course Slaughter was massive (thanks to VVI fans saving them as the President of Chrysalis etc talked about in Billboard). Slaughter saved the HITS tour (along with Winger).

But go ahead and post the airplay for HIDE YOUR HEART and al the CN videos etc and Tears are Falling etc since you made so many laughable FALSE CLAIMS. You really are the king of disinformation. I love that you love to be proven wrong.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You're really clinging to Julian saying that Forever was a plastic hit and was manipulated. I'm not sure what plastic might mean but how was it manipulated? If that's possible why was not every KISS single not manipulated?

Forever was a bona fide hit here in Australia, it was all over the radio and winning nightly radio request contests. I recorded one or two of them, it was great having KISS mainstream.

Forget about Forever, it was a hit and it saved the HITS tour.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Genebaby wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:29 am You're really clinging to Julian saying that Forever was a plastic hit and was manipulated. I'm not sure what plastic might mean but how was it manipulated? If that's possible why was not every KISS single not manipulated?

Forever was a bona fide hit here in Australia, it was all over the radio and winning nightly radio request contests. I recorded one or two of them, it was great having KISS mainstream.

Forever did nothing for the HITS tour. That was Slaughter

Also, Forever was NOT a massive hit in Australia. Heck, "Crazy Crazy Nights" did better. I believe "Forever" peaked at #38 in Australia. CCN hit #34. The horrific LPTXIS was #48 in Australia.

But back to Forever being manipulated for US radio:

That "manipulation" is very expensive as KISS found out.

It all had to do with how the weight of the components which made up the singles chart. Alot of bands/artists knew single sales hurt album sales. But one of the requirements was the single had to be on sale. Smart artists during that time would release the minimum number to be eligible. KISS on the other hand went the other way. They flooded the market with cheap cassingles below cost. Which helped them on the singles sales chart and then artifically boosted them on the other. That got them onto Top 40 airplay etc.

A year or so later, Billboard cracked down on this "loophole" and adjusted the weight. Less weight was given to single sales. A few years later, they removed the requirement it had to be on sale.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Cheap cassingles? How does that translate to sales if someone doesn't want it anyway? I wasn't going to buy Milli Vanilli for $1, that's for sure. Not even 50c.

Forever being a hit allowed the HITS tour to actually start. It wasn't gonna happen otherwise.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Genebaby wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:43 am Cheap cassingles? How does that translate to sales if someone doesn't want it anyway? I wasn't going to buy Milli Vanilli for $1, that's for sure. Not even 50c.

Forever being a hit allowed the HITS tour to actually start. It wasn't gonna happen otherwise.
Thats a great rebuttal for the facts about "Forever". You and Milli Vanilli. Smashing. Of course, nothing about Billboard changing the weight of the charts and then doing away with having to put a single on sale etc. No reply about sacrificing album sales or anything.

Also, your timeline for Forever is completely off.

Too bad the massive sets were being built. Opening acts already secured. Tickets put on sale etc before "Forever" was a manipulated hit.

But it sure sounds good to go with that KISS PR "line"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

You don't have rotation figures lol. I was there and never had MTV off. Forever was on all the time and Hide Your heart for a shiorter time. Hide Yourr heart had a bit of spill over from Rock shows and was on MTV a lot. Forever way more. To the level I didn't like it. Not to the level of Aersomith, Def Leopard and Guns N Roses but pretty high numbners.
Your MTV rotation info is a joke haha

You don't have rotation numbers but please post them so we can laugh again

Luxor wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:13 am
doublev2 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:02 am omg. Hot in the Shade Tour was much bigger than Crazy Nights and Asylum and Lick it up tours, I went to shows in person on all those tours... there were two MTV hits off Hot in the shade. Crazy Nights had no MTV hits (Crazy crazy nights was a Hugh hit in UK but not USA). I have less memory about MTV in 1986 but I don't remember Tears are falling being played anywhere as much as Hide Your Heart or Forever. It used to annoy me how much Forever was on MTV actually. I wouldn't call Hot in the Shade a failure even though I didn't really like it when it came out.
What were the two MTV HITS off Hot In The Shade? Love to hear that. Please provide the rotation figures for all 3 videos.

Also, since you are making false claims about CN video play, provide the rotation for all 3 videos from that album as well.

And your MEMORY sucks as usual, in regards to "Tears Are Falling".

Also, I love your lack of reading comprehension. Hot In The Shade album was a complete failure. But you try and change what was said and now go whine about the Hot In The Shade tour versus other KISS tours.

Who is disputing Hot In The Shade did better than the 80's tours? Of course it did. It had two platinum selling acts as the opening acts.
If the HITS tour would have just had Little Caesar and another band, the tour would have been lucky to do 50 dates in the US

For the life of me, I don't know why you ever respond when what you respond with is so much disinformation.

And maybe you wouldn't call Hot In The Shade a failure, but to people who actually work in the industry, it was a massive failure.

And lets not forget that "Forever" was just a manipulated "hit" as the dude at KISSFAQ pointed out.

Also you went to shows IN PERSON? Wow. How else would one go to shows????????
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

MTV hit and purchasing a single is two different things. In USA the purchase of singles was very low compared to Europe. Europe kids bought singles a lot. In USA they bought albums or just watched MTV. Forever was a huge player on MTV. In europe I think it may have failed.
Luxor wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:58 am
Genebaby wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:29 am You're really clinging to Julian saying that Forever was a plastic hit and was manipulated. I'm not sure what plastic might mean but how was it manipulated? If that's possible why was not every KISS single not manipulated?

Forever did nothing for the HITS tour. That was Slaughter

Also, Forever was NOT a massive hit in Australia. Heck, "Crazy Crazy Nights" did better. I believe "Forever" peaked at #38 in Australia. CCN hit #34. The horrific LPTXIS was #48 in Australia.

But back to Forever being manipulated for US radio:

That "manipulation" is very expensive as KISS found out.

It all had to do with how the weight of the components which made up the singles chart. Alot of bands/artists knew single sales hurt album sales. But one of the requirements was the single had to be on sale. Smart artists during that time would release the minimum number to be eligible. KISS on the other hand went the other way. They flooded the market with cheap cassingles below cost. Which helped them on the singles sales chart and then artifically boosted them on the other. That got them onto Top 40 airplay etc.

A year or so later, Billboard cracked down on this "loophole" and adjusted the weight. Less weight was given to single sales. A few years later, they removed the requirement it had to be on sale.
Bye Bye
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:39 am You don't have rotation figures lol. I was there and never had MTV off. Forever was on all the time and Hide Your heart for a shiorter time. Hide Yourr heart had a bit of spill over from Rock shows and was on MTV a lot. Forever way more. To the level I didn't like it. Not to the level of Aersomith, Def Leopard and Guns N Roses but pretty high numbners.

You don't have rotation numbers but please post them so we can laugh again\
The rotation figures that prove once again you just "make stuff up" were posted 6 hour ago or so

https://vvforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=134623#p134623

You obviously didn't have MTV in your home at all. Or your memory is worse than Joe Biden's.

Too bad you didn't even know about MTV Rotation figures being in Billboard since early 1983 or what they mean. But then, its doubtful you've ever read a music trade publication.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i never had MTV off. Forever was at least 2 months on every day at least twice or 3 times a day. Drove me a bit nuts as didn't like that song. As much as I don't think the weird copied and pasted MTV figures you post are accuarte your info says Forever was on 'heavy rotation' for 7 weeks. Thats about right. 'heavy rotation'' is a hit. so yeah i was right even though i don't think your figures are at all accuarate apart from that. I am going from being obssessed with music and MTV . I never checked how much Forever was shown I just remmber it a lot. and your figures back it up

Luxor wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:48 am
doublev2 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:39 am You don't have rotation figures lol. I was there and never had MTV off. Forever was on all the time and Hide Your heart for a shiorter time. Hide Yourr heart had a bit of spill over from Rock shows and was on MTV a lot. Forever way more. To the level I didn't like it. Not to the level of Aersomith, Def Leopard and Guns N Roses but pretty high numbners.

You don't have rotation numbers but please post them so we can laugh again\
The rotation figures that prove once again you just "make stuff up" were posted 6 hour ago or so

https://vvforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=134623#p134623

You obviously didn't have MTV in your home at all. Or your memory is worse than Joe Biden's.

Too bad you didn't even know about MTV Rotation figures being in Billboard since early 1983 or what they mean. But then, its doubtful you've ever read a music trade publication.
Bye Bye
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:24 pm i never had MTV off. Forever was at least 2 months on every day at least twice or 3 times a day. Drove me a bit nuts as didn't like that song. As much as I don't think the weird copied and pasted MTV figures you post are accuarte your info says Forever was on 'heavy rotation' for 7 weeks. Thats about right. 'heavy rotation'' is a hit. so yeah i was right even though i don't think your figures are at all accuarate apart from that. I am going from being obssessed with music and MTV . I never checked how much Forever was shown I just remmber it a lot. and your figures back it up
They aren't my figures. They are MTV's figures released to trade magazines. I know from your posts you've never read any music trade magazines. It's obvious.

Also, it seems you don't know the difference between a hit video on MTV and a hit on radio.

and Reason To Live is still the champ that you can't admit. SNEAK PREVIEW (exclusive to MTV) is better than Heavy.

You completely got "Hide Your Heart" video play (as you did claiming nothing from CN did anything) wrong.

You are constantly wrong and just can't admit it.

Its clear you rarely ever saw MTV as you get things wrong so much.

Reason To Live was by far their biggest video hit. But what did you claim?? Let me post it for all to see again:

I went to shows in person on all those tours... there were two MTV hits off Hot in the shade. Crazy Nights had no MTV hits (Crazy crazy nights was a Hugh hit in UK but not USA). I have less memory about MTV in 1986 but I don't remember Tears are falling being played anywhere as much as Hide Your Heart or Forever.-DoubleV

OUCH! You got it so wrong!

and I love the "I went to shows IN PERSON! You mean you didn't attend as a hologram or something in 1988?? WTF??

Hot In The Shade

MTV Stats for HIDE YOUR HEART
3 weeks of Medium Rotation
2 weeks of Active Rotation

MTV STATS for FOREVER
3 weeks of Active Rotation
7 weeks of HEAVY Rotation

MTV Stats for "RISE TO IT"
3 weeks MEDIUM ROTATION
2 weeks ACTIVE ROTATION

Crazy Nights

Crazy Crazy Nights: 6 weeks MEDIUM ROTATION/ 1 WEEK ACTIVE ROTATION

Reason TO Live: 3 weeks Sneak Preview, 3 weeks Medium, 4 weeks breakout, 4 weeks Heavy

Turn On The Night: 3 weeks breakout

Asylum

"Tears Are Falling" Massive Power rotation as an MTV Exclusive for 4 weeks, Then it goes intoACTIVE ROTATION for 4 weeks.

"Uh All Night" 4 weeks in BREAKOUT rotation and then it is gone. (Breakout is one step above light)

"Who Wants" follows UH exactly. It gets 4 weeks in Breakout rotation
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Reason to live wasnt on MTV much (or hardly ever) and I never heard it on Radio in USA. A bit in UK.
most Kiss in the 80s were not on the USA radio. Maybe a tiny bit on Rock stations. I listened to all I could get Z Rock and I even had long range radio.

Hide Your Hesrt was on Headbangers Ball a lot and was on other shows. It was on enough that I got sick of seeing it. Upto you if you believe me. I was obsseesed back then so was my whole life.

As for magaizines so much of it is wrong. They were famous for it and corruption etc. But I do believe the figures you put up from my experience .Hide Your Heart however was a big MTV song in Rock shows and a bit in top 40.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

this is the end of my arguments with a stupid person. see you. no more for me on this tread
Bye Bye
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:03 am this is the end of my arguments with a stupid person. see you. no more for me on this tread
Nice personal insults! Sorry you can't handle facts, the truth and reality.

You could at least be man enough to admit you were completely wrong. But that takes a big person.

Thankfully, the trade magazines etc always provide reality
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:02 am Reason to live wasnt on MTV much (or hardly ever) and I never heard it on Radio in USA. A bit in UK.
most Kiss in the 80s were not on the USA radio. Maybe a tiny bit on Rock stations. I listened to all I could get Z Rock and I even had long range radio.

Hide Your Hesrt was on Headbangers Ball a lot and was on other shows. It was on enough that I got sick of seeing it. Upto you if you believe me. I was obsseesed back then so was my whole life.

As for magaizines so much of it is wrong. They were famous for it and corruption etc. But I do believe the figures you put up from my experience .Hide Your Heart however was a big MTV song in Rock shows and a bit in top 40.

:D Oh my goodness. Hilarious!! You can't deal with the facts.

and HYH being on Headbangers doesn't mean its in rotation still.

What I know is I think you didn't have MTV at all. You've shown you are in complete opposition to reality, what MTV reported to the trades & what I remember from watching MTV all the time.

Go post on other KISS boards and ask how much Reason To Live got played. How Dial-MTV had to change the rules etc.

Funny you also claim to listen to Z-Rock but you tried to deny Vinnie songs played on there. Damn, those pesky trade magazines always showing you are full of it.