new promo clip

News and information from 2018 onwards
ankh

new promo clip

Post by ankh »

“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: new promo clip

Post by Genebaby »

Re-recordings of albums that are iconic and untouchable, released 35+ years ago.

Nobody asked for it, nobody wanted it but Vinnie seems to be giving it to us.

It is a good indication that Faysal will sound good if there is a live performance. He doesn't quite do the material justice, the original stuff is just too good, but he should do a good job live. Re-doing them in the studio should be forgotten, it's extremely pointless.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
birnie

Post by birnie »

In short :

Judgement Day Guitarmeggen Part 1 (should be mix ready by xmas, press by Januray/February)

Collector edition 45's, instore signigns (no dates)
Performing In-Store (no dates)
"They say shred? That's exactly what we're gunna do"
This doenst really promise a band although first listen I thought it did. and when exactly?

Coming out with new videos, albums (hmmmm)

First Show at StarStruck Studios - screen shot at the end said 24th Feb 2024
Show doesnt necessarily mean perform, I would certainly hope so.

The more you listen, pause, rewind listen, there's a lot of skirting around and assumtions are esily made, i know I did.

Faysal..good for you mate, i hope it all goes well.
gimme the goods, i'll buy some stuff.
But revisit this post in June 2024 and see what actually happenned.
I really hope it goes well for you, but if you're knocking back other jobs on empty promises, well, make some good decisions for yourself.

Apart from all that...
If a 3rd album is delivered, and considering the first 2 with seperate singers, a 3rd album with a 3rd singer makes total sense.
As much as I'd love Robert to come back, i dont think he will and Robert sure wont.
So a 3rd album, 3rd singer. Sure! I'm up for that!
Just do it though....faaaaaaaaaark me.
birnie

Post by birnie »

Screenshot 2023-11-23 200807.jpg
teej

Post by teej »

Just when you thought things couldn't get weirder
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oh I never think things couldn't get weirder!!! LoL...
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

I think the Young Man, considering the "Criticism" he knowingly would face and the "Big Shoes" he'd have to Fill, did an Outstanding Job ! Just like all of you, I hope more Music is Released and maybe a Small Club Circuit Tour to boot !
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Not a bad voice but we want to hear NEW material.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

No, no, Vinnie will tell you what you want to hear, and this is it!!

If you don't like it, you're listening to it wrong!!!
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Genebaby wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:36 pm Re-recordings of albums that are iconic and untouchable, released 35+ years ago.
Kiss kinda did that with the bonus CD to Sonic Boom. I liked it. Probably because those were the same people singing and the music was the same, with homogenized production quality.

But what's here sounds like demos that maybe Faysal cut himself in that very studio he talks at. Notice the lack of lead runs.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, the quality is not quite there, I was noticing that before I realised what it really was that we were getting here.

KISS did those new recordings mainly as an excercise to have them available and not use the old ones so they make more money. They were done to a high standard and yeah, you got them with Sonic Boom.
metatron

Post by metatron »

ankh wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:13 pm
Now I know how VVI would look and sound if Mark Zuckerberg fronted the band.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

The only reason this "MAY" happened is cause Faysal has a studio.
I wish them all luck, but really don't see any point in reordering the First VVI ablum or ASG.
To me they were perfect.
If you are going to being "NEW" material to the party, then awesome.
And when I say "NEW" not stuff that has been hear a million times over in demo form or other.
And if is all that demo releases, please throw some unheard tracks to keep it fresh.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Would like to stress that I think Vinnie did not play a single note on that medley of VVI rerecordings. Most likely it's all played by Faysal.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Having a think about it over the past day you may be right. This sounds like a demo, an idea to be fleshed out and played/recorded better at a later date.

This surely cannot be snippets of the upcoming re-recorded albums, you think?

Vinnie himself is such a perfectionist that this is confusing, unless they are demos.

Regardless, I have no desire to hear these things ever again, nothing will surpass the original work, please move on and use your talents and energies to bring new things to the table..
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

That's putrid. Cheesy as hell. New singer ruined ashes to ashes and the Robert stuff is nasty. It's such a joke . But so weird and so self destructive it's pretty entertaining. What has Robert said about it ?
The singer is a cocky little shit too
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Omg how can that time of year sound that bad. What the hell with he fake strings. They act like they making a soundtrack to a movie by 13 year olds. Sounds like middle school class project
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Zuckerberg singer has auto tuned voice too
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

This will be final straw for Robert . How can vv have the nerve and the signer as well to replace Robert with that cheeseball amateur. Mark Slaughter is a million times better too
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He may put out speedball jamm as third album ?

Not a chance new material will come out. Not even close to a chance and that singer will last 3 months max
metatron wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:14 pm The only reason this "MAY" happened is cause Faysal has a studio.
I wish them all luck, but really don't see any point in reordering the First VVI ablum or ASG.
To me they were perfect.
If you are going to being "NEW" material to the party, then awesome.
And when I say "NEW" not stuff that has been hear a million times over in demo form or other.
And if is all that demo releases, please throw some unheard tracks to keep it fresh.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Robert could either be pissed off, or have zero care as the original will aways be superior and is the one people have been buying and will continue to buy.

Should anything get "released" I can only see it as a small amount of pressings, like the original Speedball Jamm CD, get it while you can, then it's gone, while the original stuff will always be there.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:30 am Regardless, I have no desire to hear these things ever again, nothing will surpass the original work, please move on and use your talents and energies to bring new things to the table..
Oh, we might hear them again. Being played back in live environment. During the February concert. Vinnie needs something to shredd over and adding more living human players would be a hassle.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

What I was meaning was I have no desire to hear those recording again.

I was under the impression there will be a full, normal, real band at the upcoming concert? Are you thinking that might not be the case?

In that situation I may have to hear this crap again if Vinnie is going to use it to play over. Which, now that you mention it, strikes me as something he would very likely do

He doesn't seem to care if his actions make him a laughing stock and further reduce his credibilty as a performer of any kind.
birnie

Post by birnie »

Genebaby wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:46 pm I was under the impression there will be a full, normal, real band at the upcoming concert? Are you thinking that might not be the case?
That's sort of what I was getting at earlier.
They have never once said "band" but you finish the video thinking that way.
Have another listen....
No one has said 'concert'...it's a show.
What exactly is a show?
Could be a sitting of historical VV photos though a 35mm projector
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oooooh, you're right, and you've got me worried. What constitues a show? A bearded lady is a show.

Vinnie promised us "the show of shows" (borrowing heavily from 70's era KISS) just before Creatures Fest, and then delivered something that fell far short of the mark.

So there is a lot of scope there, for there not to be a real band, and something dodgy like at CF could happen again.

Sigh. It all remains to be seen, and heard!
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

I'll buck the trend here and say I like it!

Singer is front and center, guitars are lower in the mix and more "chunky". Less fills from VV and less daft effects. Drums sound beefier to my ear too.

The problem with the first two albums, is they were all about Vinnie. Which I suppose makes sense as he was the main draw. It seemed like Vinnie wanted to full every space by puking up a load of notes and squeals. But the songs suffered in my view.

LESS IS MORE and I hope thats the mantra for these re-recordings.

There's still time for VV to over produce and fuck up the whole thing of course, but if the finished product is along these lines, then bring it on I say.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

This is the most disrespectful thing vv has done out of so many ..replacing robert vocals with an amateur.

Its bigger than if kiss re recorded lick it up album with Tommy''s solos then someone saying it's actually better.. but it's bigger because it's the singer
aeroflott wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:39 am I'll buck the trend here and say I like it!

Singer is front and center, guitars are lower in the mix and more "chunky". Less fills from VV and less daft effects. Drums sound beefier to my ear too.

The problem with the first two albums, is they were all about Vinnie. Which I suppose makes sense as he was the main draw. It seemed like Vinnie wanted to full every space by puking up a load of notes and squeals. But the songs suffered in my view.

LESS IS MORE and I hope thats the mantra for these re-recordings.

There's still time for VV to over produce and fuck up the whole thing of course, but if the finished product is along these lines, then bring it on I say.
Bye Bye
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

doublev2 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:45 am This is the most disrespectful thing vv has done out of so many ..replacing robert vocals with an amateur.

Its bigger than if kiss re recorded lick it up album with Tommy''s solos then someone saying it's actually better.. but it's bigger because it's the singer
I take your point. Although I would argue (not that I'm necessarily disagreeing with you) that VVI is really all about VInnie, the guitarist, rather than Robert the vocalist. It's Vinnie who's front and centre - this isn't Bon Jovi where changing the guitarist out meant the band could still tour with some credibility - it's still Bon Jovi. If this was "The Robert Fleischman Invasion", then clearly changing the vocalist wouldn't be cool at all.

So I was more focused on the guitar sound than the vocalist. Its a unique situation in that regard.

And I assume those aren't Bobby's drums either, so personally I'm not that offended with a new singer being brought into the mix.

Like I say, its a spruce up of an iconic album. I'm looking forward to it. Would be nicer to get some new music, but hey; I'll take whatever's cookin'.

Has Robert said anything about this situation?
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

aeroflott wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:39 am Less fills from VV and less daft effects.
I don't hear any fills. In fact I'm pretty sure this isn't VV playing the guitar.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

pullitt wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:16 pm
aeroflott wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:39 am Less fills from VV and less daft effects.
In fact I'm pretty sure this isn't VV playing the guitar.
Now that would be quite the conspiracy theory.

Granted it doesn't sound like Vinnie, but then we are 30 years hence from any new music from him.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

aeroflott wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:24 pm
pullitt wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:16 pm In fact I'm pretty sure this isn't VV playing the guitar.

Granted it doesn't sound like Vinnie, but then we are 30 years hence from any new music from him.
Yeah, I guess it's a theory. If it's a conspiracy, it's between Faysal and Vinnie. They're not exactly adressing the matter, mainly for the lack of public interest in it - it's just a bunch of covers stringed together, who cares. Faysal seems like an accomplished musician, it's not that hard to replicate VVI rhythm parts. I don't see Vinnie doing just the rhythm in a studio. I can see him concentrating on solos and lead bits and leaving the rhythm stuff to anyone else who's willing to cover that. But there are no solos or lead bits. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm saying that's what I think it is and what I hear sounds to me like it could be anybody with sufficient playing ability, including VV but not limited to. There are videos of Faysal auditioning for VV on his youtube channel, he was savvy enough to put those backing tracks together to sing over, so why not these too? As for the 30 year gap - enough video evidence leaked to show that VV plays pretty much the same as he did then, but if he also drank, because a lot of it is extremely freeform so to speak. It just makes more sense for VV to not do any work and leave it to whoever willing.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The limited playing we have seen of Vinnie does not tell me he can play like before. He can play directionless fast stuff which impresses some people, but the rest of us are bored very quickly. This is not the Vinnie of old.

So him concentrating on the solos is not something I can see happening as he hasn't played a propoer song with solo since the 80's, live. ALL of is appearances he has let someone else take the lead in a song, something 80's Vinnie would not have done in a million years. 80's Vinnie wanted his solo time, and yours too!
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:16 am He can play directionless fast stuff which impresses some people, but the rest of us are bored very quickly. This is not the Vinnie of old.
Yeah, because it's directionless. But once given a direction it becomes whatever it was on the albums. I don't expect his off the cuff playing to be a thought out symphony. Right now I'm listening to his I Love It Loud noodling at Creaturesfest. Sounds pretty formiddable for a 70 year old. Yes, this is the Vinnie of VERY old!
BengalWACO

Post by BengalWACO »

I want to like this but I just am not a fan of vocals that are such an extreme high pitch.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Haha a spruce up. Vv talks about the first invasion album as a master piece now he outs fake drums and probably ai guitar to spruce it up..who Is it for exactly? Haha. It's funny story for sure . Like a mean spirited spinal tap without the gags
aeroflott wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:11 am
doublev2 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:45 am This is the most disrespectful thing vv has done out of so many ..replacing robert vocals with an amateur.

I take your point. Although I would argue (not that I'm necessarily disagreeing with you) that VVI is really all about VInnie, the guitarist, rather than Robert the vocalist. It's Vinnie who's front and centre - this isn't Bon Jovi where changing the guitarist out meant the band could still tour with some credibility - it's still Bon Jovi. If this was "The Robert Fleischman Invasion", then clearly changing the vocalist wouldn't be cool at all.

So I was more focused on the guitar sound than the vocalist. Its a unique situation in that regard.

And I assume those aren't Bobby's drums either, so personally I'm not that offended with a new singer being brought into the mix.

Like I say, its a spruce up of an iconic album. I'm looking forward to it. Would be nicer to get some new music, but hey; I'll take whatever's cookin'.

Has Robert said anything about this situation?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Artifical intelligence guitar . The singer will just be using software in his studio.
I don't hear any fills. In fact I'm pretty sure this isn't VV playing the guitar.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I am certain it's software. Definitely not vinnie . Maybe taken from original vv playing but it's software. Easy to do
aeroflott wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:24 pm
In fact I'm pretty sure this isn't VV playing the guitar.

Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Also that piano version of that time of year..just ai. Ask the software to make a dramatic movie sounding version of that time if year and you get something exactly like that. Totally artificial intelligence garbage. The singer has auto tuned his voice too . Sick
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The singer is definitely an ai guy . I worked on a cheesy movie and they had like 200 versions of a song and the moody ones were exactly like what they did to that time of year. I dont embrace digital technology on rock music. I want to hear the playing and even the happy accidents and rough edges..imagine hearing miles Davis jazz corrected digitally. Would be boring as hell and its the belief that they are actually playing it that is part of the deal.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The teaser is so amateur it's beyond belief but my guess the target audience Is not me .. it's the Kiss convention guys who want a selfie with vv . That's the only target audience for this insanity
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It's early days. Who can tell if any of this will be released in any way shape for form.

You're right Dino, Vinnie thinks the first album is a masterpiece. I can't imagine what he's thinking by adding it to his re-recording schedule. It won't be anywhere near as good.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:45 am This is the most disrespectful thing vv has done out of so many

I'm sure you were furious when KISS re-recorded KISS Klassics and threw them on Sonic Boom.

Who cares if Ace and Peter got replaced on those klassic cuts. No biggie.

But at least it gave Paul new tracks to lip-synch to,
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i couldnt careless about kiss . haha . i see Gene and Paul a lot in real life haha. both gene and paul know me by name. both great guya
Luxor wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:12 am
doublev2 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:45 am This is the most disrespectful thing vv has done out of so many

I'm sure you were furious when KISS re-recorded KISS Klassics and threw them on Sonic Boom.

Who cares if Ace and Peter got replaced on those klassic cuts. No biggie.

But at least it gave Paul new tracks to lip-synch to,
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i also know genes lawyer brian well as he does some stuff for my record label
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Hmmmm AI. I hadn't thought of that direction.

It would be easy (ish) to ask Robert permission to use his voice and replace Mark on ASG. There is a guy on YT who is already doing it. He's got a fetish for Dream Theater & Symphony X at the moment. He's even replaced DT's vocalist, James LaBrie, on recent songs with a version of him from the late 80's! His version of Russell Allen from Symphony isn't quite up to scratch though.

I'd love to hear Iron Maiden's X Factor with a mid 80's Bruce Dickinson! (Nothing can save Vitual XI though :( )

Toodle pips.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:23 pm i also know genes lawyer brian well as he does some stuff for my record label
Oy... oh my
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:21 pm i couldnt careless about kiss . haha . i see Gene and Paul a lot in real life haha. both gene and paul know me by name. both great guya
Who wouldn't doubt this. I mean after your other claims went down in flames (EMI-CAPITOL-ENIGMA). Sure, that's 100% believable!

I remember when you were trashing trade publications, the LA Times etc because they posted the truth back in day and it was completely different than your "claims". And you tried to attack their accuracy. Every "claim" you've made has been shot down.

Maybe you can get Wikipedia to back up your next "claim".

Enjoy your time at Disney World! Fantasy Land
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm the one who's going to Disney!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

most people know here . many can back it up too
Luxor wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:00 am
doublev2 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:21 pm i couldnt careless about kiss . haha . i see Gene and Paul a lot in real life haha. both gene and paul know me by name. both great guya
Who wouldn't doubt this. I mean after your other claims went down in flames (EMI-CAPITOL-ENIGMA). Sure, that's 100% believable!

I remember when you were trashing trade publications, the LA Times etc because they posted the truth back in day and it was completely different than your "claims". And you tried to attack their accuracy. Every "claim" you've made has been shot down.

Maybe you can get Wikipedia to back up your next "claim".

Enjoy your time at Disney World! Fantasy Land
Bye Bye