Robert Fleischman in 2023

News and information from 2018 onwards
pullitt

Robert Fleischman in 2023

Post by pullitt »

Short article/video about Robert and what he's up to right now. A fluff piece if you will, likely paid for by him. He's looking good and seems to be working on that electronic album he previously said he was to do.

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/fo ... art-studio

Such a contrast to Vinnie in terms of quality of media presence.
Luxor

Re: Robert Fleischman in 2023

Post by Luxor »

Here's an interview with Herbie Herbert: One Man's Journey

Herbie Herbert is one of the music industries most colorful characters. For a period of time he was the #1 manager in the business, taking Journey – a band he put together with Neal Schon – to become a multi-Platinum selling stadium act.

Sounds like Robert was a prima donna pain in the ass to work with. They were smart to dump him and go with Steve Perry

https://melodic-rock.com/interviews/herbieherbert.html

And that, I think, is the biggest song of their career. That's a pretty big career and so they were kinda left in the station when the train left. They were standing on the platform watching the tail lights of the caboose go wailing away in the distance. Then you look up and it's 1977 and they've toured all year, all through Europe with Santana and another big tour with ELO both in '76 and '77 and it just wasn't happening. And you look at the charts and its Donna Summer, Saturday Night Fever, Grease, Disco Inferno by The Trammps. I mean it was as clear as ringing a bell that era was gone and basically Columbia Records said that. It's over.

So I was just in a complete scramble and they were gonna drop the act. So there was a scramble to do something to modify what we were doing. So I said we'll change it, we'll go commercial, I'll put in a lead singer and this guy that was in charge of artist development, Arma Andon had a singer that he liked that was managed by Barry Fey in Denver and that guy was Robert Fleishman. So we tried him and did a whole tour with him, with Emerson Lake and Palmer and even played stadium dates. And he was just very difficult to manage. And somewhere along the line I finally got a Steve Perry tape. I'd met Steve Perry numerous times, had thought about him numerous times. There were just certain moments. I mean when I was going to make the deal for Robert Fleishman in the middle of the Golden Gate Bridge with John Villanueva we both looked at each other and I goes, 'Steve Perry. I still have never heard that fuck, but I have a feeling about him'. Then when I finally did hear him, I listened to him for about 60 seconds on tape and I tried to chase him down, but he's already left the music business. I talked to his mom and he was working in a turkey farm in Visalia pounding nails with his stepfather Marv on the weekends trying to pay back his debts.
He'd borrowed all this money from them while he lived in LA and put his bands together and put his demos together and did showcase after showcase to managers, to labels, to agencies, and nobody ever heard it. Nobody ever wanted it.

I don't get that at all.
I was pretty astonished by it. I got it in seconds. I got it, and so I wanted, and you know what? At that moment, when I heard it, I was thinking that and well it was really truth, Robert was pretty well in the band and Neal loved Robert Fleishman. They really liked him. He was just a poodle in heat to deal with as a manager. He was like (using whiny voice) “Oh everybody, would you clear the dressing room? That person smoking over there….” That kind of, you know, oh man please. If this is before he's got his first paycheck what's gonna happen?
So there was that side of it and so at that moment I just liked this band. I wanted to sign this band. It was called Alien Project. And I said I'll do this. I'm gonna make this happen. And from my first phone call, that very weekend, the bass player in that band died in a car accident which really left Steve Perry very fermished [messed up].

When I tried to talk him into coming up and spending a week with me at my house he couldn't afford to. I talked to his employer, got an ok, told him I'd pay him the money he was gonna lose, pay his expenses, he can sleep on my couch. He did all that and I started workin' on him and said ok let's forget the Alien Project. Let's talk about Journey. And it was not an easy negotiation by any stretch. He was afraid of Aynsley Dunbar not having a groove, being too white a British drummer with very minimal exposure to soul or R&B and not strong on the backbeat. I loved Aynsley, I still love Aynsley, great guy, intellect. You know, talent with an intellect, that's why I worked with Steve Miller for so many years. I like the resourceful type people, the Jeff Lynne's of the world. But you know at a certain point with Perry, Aynsley only lasted one record really, the Infinity album. Then we terminated him and brought in Steve Smith.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Robert is a great person . All good musicians should be a pain to work with . Session musicians easy but boring
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I hear you Dino. This is possibly why Vinnie is the absolute, number one greatest musician in the world!!!!!

He's got the goods in one area, not so much in others.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

I haven't been on here for a while, but i've been kind of busy.. hope everyone is doing well.. as can be..
Working on my new Electronic album with vocals Emotional Atlas.. I want to be done within three months.. I have a art show coming up in september which I will announce in chicago area Hinsdale..
I believe in October Vinnie Vincent's invasion album will be coming out also.. which I'm on there.so take care..

https://www.facebook.com/robert.fleischman3
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Nice little update. Unfortunately believing something, and that thing being true, or happening, are two different things.

Hopefully Robert heard correctly and it will come out in October, finally, but we have heard this before.

Anybody know what his Electronic album is about?
Commander in chief - VVF Army