Vinnie Vincent new release weekend at Martina McBride's studio in Nashville May 19 & 20th

News and information from 2018 onwards
Luxor

Vinnie Vincent new release weekend at Martina McBride's studio in Nashville May 19 & 20th

Post by Luxor »

VINNIE VINCENT INVASION Record Party Weekend May 19th and Saturday May 20th, 2023
"Judgement Day" record release party

Starstruck Studio
Music City Nashville

"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Vinnie Vincent new release weekend at Martina McBride's studio in Nashville May 19 & 20th

Post by Genebaby »

Sounds exciting. I like the name, Judgement Day.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
birnie

Re: Vinnie Vincent new release weekend at Martina McBride's studio in Nashville May 19 & 20th

Post by birnie »

Sweet 🤠
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Wow! Blackbird Studios is most impressive!

Hopefully we'll get some sonic goodness with "Judgement Day'. Eagerly looking forward to it.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Safari4ad

Post by Safari4ad »

Tentatively exciting, but why wouldn't he use a clip from a new song? Throw us a bone, Vinnie!
VikingVVFan

Post by VikingVVFan »

The press went crazy over this album.
A year ago..
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The video has gone. What's happened?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Looks like it's still going ahead? Though this message seems to reference the video which is no longer available.

MESSAGE FROM VINNIE VINCENT:
Welcome everyone to the Vinnie Vincent Invasion record listen party.
This is our final listening record party as we've spent the last month's perfecting the mixes and it's time to rock!
We decided to move the SIR party date to Starstruck Studios on MAY 19.20.
Starstruck is an amazing place as u can see from the video. We will be streaming some of the party vibe as it happens.
There will be live performances, catered food, cocktails, the fanjamm and the premiere of VINNIE VINCENT INVASION JUDGMENT DAY
(GUITARMAGEDDON PT. I)
This will be a birthday bash blast, Rock and Roll Party weekend rolled into one.
Fanjamm is definitely fun stuff. Anyone who wants to participate...all the drummers..bass players.. singers who want to jam on stage with VV, SIGN UP ASAP. Everybody could pick their favorite songs and we'll jamm it out live in the studio.
CAPACITY IS LIMITED.
SO GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!
Contact ROGER GARRISON for payment info:
$500 per
See U THERE!
MAY 19. 20. 2023.
337165727_1353242245301614_7143460880652372033_n.jpg
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Guitarmageddon part 1 lol. An album everyone has heard newly mixed .. ouch . I bet it costs 800 bucks minimum for the vinyl
Bye Bye
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

But define everyone. I still to this day never heard Buzzsaw and Ride the Serpent, which supposedly are a part of Guitarmageddon. Also the quality of what is leaked is such crap, that a clean version would be what Warrior CD was to the demos floating around previously even taking into account than modern mixing techniques might castrate the record. Of course I won't pay 800 or 100 or 50 or 20 bucks for a dozen mp3s, but it's kinda sorta big deal nevertheless.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Let's hope those songs are in there, and it's reasonably priced. Neither of these things are certain however, so we wait, like normal.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:39 am Let's hope those songs are in there, and it's reasonably priced. Neither of these things are certain however, so we wait, like normal.
This whole "Judgment day" thing makes me think Nuke It is the centerpiece of the album with Vinnie annointing himself as a high priest of the apocalypse and we the children are to stand by the shores and wait and wait for this "bomb" to drop. He kinda branches out on Guitarmageddon, deviating from sex into madness and doomsday scenarios. I wonder what the lyrics are, cos I might be misinterprenting it.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

We will just have to wait and see.

I am wondering though if it will be available to buy from this weekend on, or if it's just another listening party, which seems to have happened before, on a smaller level.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

pullitt wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:34 am But define everyone. I still to this day never heard Buzzsaw and Ride the Serpent, which supposedly are a part of Guitarmageddon. Also the quality of what is leaked is such crap, that a clean version would be what Warrior CD was to the demos floating around previously even taking into account than modern mixing techniques might castrate the record. Of course I won't pay 800 or 100 or 50 or 20 bucks for a dozen mp3s, but it's kinda sorta big deal nevertheless.
You thinking Vinnie is capable of putting out the original recording out as 'clean'.. no way it will have drum machine and all kinds of new stuff added . Plus robert confirmed the vocals were a guide and never recorded.

I have zero trust in vinnies taste or ability now and definitely have zero trust even more with the people he has around him and the engineer and exec producer's have zero taste or ideas .

Yes if just releasing the original guitars from hell clean with real drumming ..yes would be good but this is not going to be the case... we already are getting lies about new material that's not new and the press are supposedly blown away.. lol.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Things are never just simple and cut & dry with Vinnie are they?
teej

Post by teej »

The whole timeline is messed up .. it was supposed to be getting pressed ages ago .. now its been mixed again after the pressing? What the hell is that about? It's either done (amd probably was back in 1990) or its not .. maybe sphincter can elaborate with some more stats he's made up
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yes teej more lies. Was in line to be pressed like a year ago but delayed because of how busy the vinyl pressing plants are (which my label has put out 5 vinyls since that announcement with not much waiting time).

Now it being re mixed again haha.

Also teej Robert said the vocals were never finished with for guitars from hell but supposedly apart from vocals was finished in 1989.

Robert doesn't know anyrhing about these releases and supposedly his voice is on it .

Also like I said I don't trust any or the people working with Vinnie and why is the video gone and why such bad 90s computer graphics?

Also why rhe manager calling it VINNIE VINCENT INVASION album when it Is not?

I am thinking he is probably putting 3 to 4 songs out each time and it wouldn't surprise me if this is the same as euphoria ep or even speedball jam haha
Bye Bye
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:15 am Yes teej more lies. Was in line to be pressed like a year ago but delayed because of how busy the vinyl pressing plants are (which my label has put out 5 vinyls since that announcement with not much waiting time).

Now it being re mixed again haha.

Also teej Robert said the vocals were never finished with for guitars from hell but supposedly apart from vocals was finished in 1989.

Robert doesn't know anyrhing about these releases and supposedly his voice is on it .

Also like I said I don't trust any or the people working with Vinnie and why is the video gone and why such bad 90s computer graphics?

Also why rhe manager calling it VINNIE VINCENT INVASION album when it Is not?

I am thinking he is probably putting 3 to 4 songs out each time and it wouldn't surprise me if this is the same as euphoria ep or even speedball jam haha

I would love to see that quote from Robert because recording didn't even really start until 1990. Some stuff in very late 1989

So either Robert screwed up or its totally made up.

Also, why not call it the Invasion? Robert had no problem calling the band that in 1990

It was almost the end of July. Robert had been recording for the last 6 months. And obviously they were still recording in 1991 as Andre talks about Vinnie going from the studio working with them to going to the studio and working with Gene and Paul for "Revenge".

The amount of disinformation posted on these boards is astonishing.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html

July 29, 1990

The Invasion Talks Back
1 minute

In response to Dennis Hunt’s Pop Faces item on Mark Slaughter (in which Slaughter spoke critically of his days in the Vinnie Vincent Invasion), please let me clarify and correct the misinformation presented regarding the band.

The Invasion is not “defunct” and never has been since the group’s inception five years ago. In fact, I have spent the past six months in the studio with Vinnie Vincent recording the forthcoming album “Pyro Messiah,” which will see the light of day in early 1991.

As the original lead singer for the Invasion, I find it offensive that some beginner would have the audacity to lip-sync to my voice, which is exactly what (Slaughter) did for the band’s first video. People in glass houses. . . .

ROBERT FLEISCHMAN

Lead singer, the Invasion, Los Angeles
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's actually a very cool media quote that I don't think any of us have seen before.

Robert has stated much more recently, but still years ago, that he never finished his vocals and actually didn't know much about what he was working on, he was just doing some stuff with Vinnie. He has also said he hadn't heard the outcome of it.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Here some questions Robert answered for me a while ago.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=321
birnie

Post by birnie »

The video may have been changed and re-uploaded for whatever reason.
From what I remember, I'm pretty sure this is still the original poster of the vid

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Robert is fine with Mark and Dana now . Robert wasn't even told about the release of the euphoria ep .
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, Robert is cool with Mark and Dana, they've met and had a good time.

He was unaware of Euphoria's release and doesn't have much/fond memories of doing those sessions.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

birnie wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:29 am The video may have been changed and re-uploaded for whatever reason.
From what I remember, I'm pretty sure this is still the original poster of the vid

The original video did get taken down and it seems this one does not allow it to be embedded in other websites.

I can't remember if this one is the exact same as the first posting.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Funny stuff, the party lists vinnievincent.com as the place to buy tickets.

That site is not secure, it has no security certificate, which is a concern these days for just about any website. I tried a secure connection and it didn't work.

They are also still trying to show the original, removed, YT video. Of course with the current video settings they can't show the new one either!!!!
Vinnievincent web screen shot.jpg
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Robert not knowing anything about releases of things he's sang on is not very believable. He said himself that he gave back Vinnie the DAT tapes of GFH that he for some reason had soon after Atlanta. Also in a now removed part of this interview Robert listed the whole process of him and Vinnie recording those songs after Invasion became Slaughter.
I suppose this is the interviewer https://www.youtube.com/@JasonSaulnierMusic

I think Robert just distances himself from failures like the GFH and tries to attach himself to successes like his two songs with Journey. He manages to come off squeaky clean seemingly effortlessly, while Vinnie gives a strong vibe of pure chaos and shiftiness in his attempts to adhere to the norms of PR in the digital age. That's the appearence. I don't know them so in person they could be very different to what they seem like from afar.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:22 am Here some questions Robert answered for me a while ago.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=321
Some of his answers there and other places really don't make much sense at all.

Another interview in 2018 acting like he was just recording demos. Just alot of stuff without basis in reality.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

pullitt wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:07 pm Robert not knowing anything about releases of things he's sang on is not very believable. He said himself that he gave back Vinnie the DAT tapes of GFH that he for some reason had soon after Atlanta. Also in a now removed part of this interview Robert listed the whole process of him and Vinnie recording those songs after Invasion became Slaughter.
I suppose this is the interviewer https://www.youtube.com/@JasonSaulnierMusic

I think Robert just distances himself from failures like the GFH and tries to attach himself to successes like his two songs with Journey. He manages to come off squeaky clean seemingly effortlessly, while Vinnie gives a strong vibe of pure chaos and shiftiness in his attempts to adhere to the norms of PR in the digital age. That's the appearence. I don't know them so in person they could be very different to what they seem like from afar.
Its very weird Roberts takes on some of the things. Especially weird that he'd have the whole part about recording GFH taken down.

I remember in one interview he said he didn't have to be in the studio (I guess his parts were already done) but he'd stick around for the engineer and other stuff. Just made no sense.

He also tried to smear Vinnie for trying to get another label to buy out GFH and he acted like that was unethical. That really made no sense. By that time, if Vinnie could have gotten another label to buy it, Enigma would have been thrilled. The music world had changed dramatically. If he could have found another label to buy it for even 3/4's of what Enigma had in it, they probably would have kissed him.

He even said he was trying to find another label to "buy it out" but the way he talks about it, you'd think Vinnie was trying to sell the masters to another label and ignore paying off Enigma. The interviewers never ask any logical follow ups to things like that. They never called him out.

I would have loved it if Hollywood Records had purchased it. I think they loved it. But I doubt there was any way they would spend $500,000 or more to pay for what Enigma had in it at that time. Not in late 1991 / early 1992. If they only had $100K or $150K in it, probably.

Vinnie's perfectionism really hurt. You can't rack up studio bills like that. But that was Roberts way of trying to smear Vinnie.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It seems that Robert is very unreliable. He's all over the place and seems to want to rewrite history to suit himself at the time.

It doesn't make sense otherwise.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I remember how much Vinnie smeared Robert in 1986 and in the press for all systems go saying Robert had a week voice and bad look.
However most interviews are incorrectly quoted .
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

So much crap has been given at the time to go with what they were trying to sell. The lies about Mark, how they found him, etc. It has been never ending.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Virtually all press releases or interviews In the 80s were total lies. My dad worked for EMI, RCA and many others and all had in house writers coming up with lies and stories about bands.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The good old days!!
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:26 am He's all over the place and seems to want to rewrite history to suit himself at the time.
Yeah, but who doesn't? Still, there must be a reason why he's semi-respected, as well as a reason why his music career went nowhere. And it's no just because he prefers to paint.
doublev2 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:56 am Virtually all press releases or interviews In the 80s were total lies. My dad worked for EMI, RCA and many others and all had in house writers coming up with lies and stories about bands.
I like all that fake lore about bands from the times of old, when you couldn't fact check it and relied on common sense. Especially now when all the truth comes to surface and you get to compare.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It certainly was entertaining! Such imagination from the bands and their management and record companies etc.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It was all about making bands mysterious and untouchable..something very much lost now
Bye Bye
birnie

Post by birnie »

I cant find anything on this anymore......
The original vid gone, the re-uploaded looks to be gone.
Googling the event, diddly
Anyone?...anyone ?
birnie

Post by birnie »

Take that back....found it again
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Ooooo next week!

That studio....SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I may be remembering wrong but I don't recall the original video that was posted and removed being so "random girl" heavy. I'm sure I would have mentioned it, as it's not a good look and the images are probably being used illegally like last time.

That being said, yes, the time is soon upon us! Let's see what emerges.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

My 11 year old can edit better than that. What the hell is that ridiculous footage of? Absolutely shocking..not even close to good. Its clear the music will be a shit show
birnie wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:28 am Take that back....found it again
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I guess we're all wondering what the hell happened?

We heard from a video that they still hadn't sold all of the 20 exclusive $500 spots to this as of last week, so that doesn't bode well, but it doesn't mean the event doesn't go on as planned, being so speical and all.

Who will be the first to tell us the news?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, my news feed is like crickets with anything to do with Vinnie, so it seems after all the excitement that humanity has survived Judgement Day once again!
ankh

Post by ankh »

Scott Board seem to be announced as the new vocalist for Vinnie's band.....

“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Hope he sticks around long enough for Vinnie to find the rest of the band.
teej

Post by teej »

I think they forgot to photoshop out the elephant legs in the reflection
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

Attachments
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Safari4ad

Post by Safari4ad »

6 months at least for vinyl production. Like Fox Mulder, I WANT to believe. But I won't be able to until I actually have the record in my hands.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I hear you Safari4ad, every announcement is the same, coming soon!!! 6 months for vinyl. That was all a long time ago now.

Why is there a listening party for an album that still needs tweaking and is not about to be released the next dayt or week?

With Vinnie it's like wondering how long the string is. It seems to be never ending.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Looks like they all had a good time.

Hopefully we can get a digital download before the vinyl. Vinyl sucks ass btw! :? :? :?

Not impressed with the Chinnie Chincent guitars.